Elle

Black Bathing Suit

6 hours ago, Sunset Opal said:

that song was definitely a diss track about Clay and honestly I live for that 

also a diss track @ covid and i live for that too bc i finally lost my covid weight

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

7 hours ago, Sunset Opal said:

that song was definitely a diss track about Clay and honestly I live for that 

nope it's a diss @ the cop 

On 12/16/2021 at 12:28 AM, Ultra Violet said:

So the karmic lineage thing- that's about her family having a history with owning people as slaves or something was it? Im not sure if lana has really stated that or just implied. 

I wonder if it was on her mother's side or if indeed it has anything to do with her not liking her mother. 

If anyone knows a bit more about it, please do spill! (In an informative way, not a gossip way)

What a disgusting post! Owning slaves? Really girl? 

It’s most likely about her relationship with her mother. I’ve speculated that Lana has bipolar disorder. She sings about lithium (a drug used to treat the disorder) in Wildflower, and others have speculated the “baby blues” she sings about in Sweet Carolina refers to BPD as well. Given this information, I’ve also speculated her mother suffers from the same disorder. This would be the “karmic lineage” she is speaking of. Which makes sense given the next line she sings about not being friends with her mother. She’s sung about this before. 

Perhaps a reach, but in Blizzard, I believe she sings about her mother vaguely too. “I don’t have to be sad like you” may be a dig at her mother and the disorder they share. 

Stop the madness and racist fishing! It’s ridiculous. 

17 minutes ago, BrokenBoy said:

What a disgusting post! Owning slaves? Really girl? 

It’s most likely about her relationship with her mother. I’ve speculated that Lana has bipolar disorder. She sings about lithium (a drug used to treat the disorder) in Wildflower, and others have speculated the “baby blues” she sings about in Sweet Carolina refers to BPD as well. Given this information, I’ve also speculated her mother suffers from the same disorder. This would be the “karmic lineage” she is speaking of. Which makes sense given the next line she sings about not being friends with her mother. She’s sung about this before. 

Perhaps a reach, but in Blizzard, I believe she sings about her mother vaguely too. “I don’t have to be sad like you” may be a dig at her mother and the disorder they share. 

Stop the madness and racist fishing! It’s ridiculous. 

okay, so it's wrong (and "racist-fishing") for somebody to speculate that her family has a racist past, but it's totally okay to speculate that lana (as well as her mother) has bipolar disorder because of some vague lyrics in a few of her songs? you can't have your cake and eat it too :bye: 

WGe8ynS.gif

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

okay, so it's wrong (and "racist-fishing") for somebody to speculate that her family has a racist past, but it's totally okay to speculate that lana (as well as her mother) has bipolar disorder because of some vague lyrics in a few of her songs? you can't have your cake and eat it too :bye: 

It’s in bad taste to speculate about her parents owning slaves….

Lana has sung about mental health so many times. Her music is a haven to a lot of people with bipolar and other personality disorders. It’s been heavily speculated. Lithium is used to treat BPD. So I don’t think it’s too far out there. Again, just my thoughts and not entirely conducive. 

4 minutes ago, BrokenBoy said:

Lana has sung about mental health so many times. Her music is a haven to a lot of people with bipolar and other personality disorders. It’s been heavily speculated. Lithium is used to treat BPD. So I don’t think it’s too far out there. Again, just my thoughts and not entirely conducive. 

nobody's speculating about her PARENTS owning slaves, that doesn't make any sense, i'm sure they mean her distant ancestors, i just don't see how it's okay to speculate about lana having a mental illness, but it's completely unacceptable to speculate on her ancestor's past and what that means for her "karmic lineage", also, even if it's "okay" to speculate about lana's possible mental illness (it's not) because she talks about it in her music, it's still weird to speculate that her mother has it, based off of nothing, we know that lana doesn't have a good relationship with her mother, but she's a person too and we shouldn't disrespect her privacy 

WGe8ynS.gif

6 hours ago, BrokenBoy said:

I listened to the livestream where Lana said that she'd dug deeper into the past, said it was scary, and clearly didnt want to talk about it more. I thought she meant the past beyond her parents. Her ancestors are still her family afterall. And since QFTC brought up racism, I thought it may be something in the past to do with racism that deeply upset her. Something she might have wanted to make up for when she donated to Navajo Nation, etc. (Tho i believe shed have done that regardless)

I was asking the question in case someone knew more, and we dont, so i am very happy to drop that speculation

Edit: just going to explain a bit more of why that came to mind to begin with, even tho now i think it's unresolved.

"Why there's a price on my head [QFTC fiasco], is nothing to do with them, its my karmic lineage [its what she got as karma from something that happened in her family's past], so im not friends with my mother [so its to do with that side of the family?]

So yeah, feel free to find whatever you want between those lines because i dont think she wanted it to be obvious to any of us. 

3 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I listened to the livestream where Lana said that she'd dug deeper into the past, said it was scary, and clearly didnt want to talk about it more. I thought she meant the past beyond her parents. Her ancestors are still her family afterall. And since QFTC brought up racism, I thought it may be something in the past to do with racism that deeply upset her. Something she might have wanted to make up for when she donated to Navajo Nation, etc. (Tho i believe shed have done that regardless)

I was asking the question in case someone knew more, and we dont, so i am very happy to drop that speculation

Edit: just going to explain a bit more of why that came to mind to begin with, even tho now i think it's unresolved.

"Why there's a price on my head [QFTC fiasco], is nothing to do with them, its my karmic lineage [its what she got as karma from something that happened in her family's past], so im not friends with my mother [so its to do with that side of the family?]

So yeah, feel free to find whatever you want between those lines because i dont think she wanted it to be obvious to any of us. 

I appreciate your interpretation! It's very interesting. It's plausible especially since she touches on the subject in Text Book, which we know is about her dad. Thank you for sharing your thoughts <3 

8 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

nobody's speculating about her PARENTS owning slaves, that doesn't make any sense, i'm sure they mean her distant ancestors, i just don't see how it's okay to speculate about lana having a mental illness, but it's completely unacceptable to speculate on her ancestor's past and what that means for her "karmic lineage", also, even if it's "okay" to speculate about lana's possible mental illness (it's not) because she talks about it in her music, it's still weird to speculate that her mother has it, based off of nothing, we know that lana doesn't have a good relationship with her mother, but she's a person too and we shouldn't disrespect her privacy 

I respect your opinion <3 I know it's quite controversial to discuss a possible personality disorder, but I in no way meant any disrespect or harm! 

42 minutes ago, BrokenBoy said:

I appreciate your interpretation! It's very interesting. It's plausible especially since she touches on the subject in Text Book, which we know is about her dad. Thank you for sharing your thoughts <3 

She kinda alludes to both themes that we mentioned, and where lana leaves gaps, we try to fill them and are probably always wrong.

Between BBS and Text book, its so intriguing but so confusing.

On 11/25/2022 at 11:10 AM, This Feeling said:

I know it's quite controversial to discuss a possible personality disorder, but I in no way meant any disrespect or harm! 

i think it's rly important to note (bc there's already sm misunderstanding and misinformation abt these disorders) that bipolar disorder isn't a personality disorder - it's a mood disorder, and that u might be conflating it w borderline personality disorder ("bpd")

it also shouldn't be controversial to talk about mood/personality disorders. i dreeeam of the day everyone (including the media...) talks abt them without villainising/objectification. what's controversial to me is when u suggest people have it when u aren't qualified and have very little to no information on said people, esp when they already aren't painted in the best light, as it can be stigmatising and perpetuate stereotypes

i know we want to speculate on and question certain lyrics but i think we should just in general do so w care

aaand i fucking love this song :xcry: just listened to it for the first time in ages. this, text book, if u lie down w me, and wildflower wildfire forever <3

mUENGN9.png

"Karmic lineage" to me indicates her catholic upbringing. It would be interesting if her father were relatively lax religion-wise (or open-minded) and her mother relatively strict. Anybody know?

Christianity, in general with its original sin concept (i.e., you're guilty just by being born), is pretty depressive, although Sylvia Plath was Unitarian, that wonderfully heretical branch of Christianity that doesn't believe in it, though she still succumbed to depression. We know LDR identifies with Plath through the Hope song.  I'm guessing the Black Bathing Suit and the Black Narcissist (of the Hope song) are just the same concept and equal to depression.