liam

Later... with Jools Holland (27/11/12)

My mom watched with me and remarked how beautiful she is :D and 'modestly dressed' ahaha. Expected more songs but I get it now. I was wtf-ing a bit at the 'I'm tired of feeling like I'm fucking crazy part' because she sang it so differently

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

Is it just me, or has she looked sad after all of her ride performances? This one as an example:

tumblr_me0hho0Z6R1r7oj7fo1_r2_500.gif

It's just something off about her eyes and the way her smile just get wiped off her face. She had the same thing going on at the end of this performance, she looks tired. I think she looked happier before the paradise release, or maybe I'm just analyzing things too hard :uh:

1olt2g.jpg

Is it just me, or has she looked sad after all of her ride performances? This one as an example:

It's just something off about her eyes and the way her smile just get wiped off her face. She had the same thing going on at the end of this performance, she looks tired. I think she looked happier before the paradise release, or maybe I'm just analyzing things too hard :uh:

I think she looks sad as well. Hope she is alright

To be honest, I think it's, not an act as such, but fitting in with her "persona", if you know what I mean. The Queen of Sadcore, and all that. Maybe that does make it an act. Secretly, I think she'll be made up to be doing all of these things.

I could, of course, be wrong!

i think the changes she made in the end of the verses (going up instead of down, or lower), as well as the lack of the high notes in the "crazy" and subsequent "i just ride" are because she was extremely nervous. you could sense it, just like when she first sang "video games" there, in her first ever live tv performance. and i get it, jools holland is a big deal and she didn't want to possibly mess up. but i was like, damn, she sang "ride" so beautifully on that dutch tv show last week! did anyone notice she was wearing huge hoop earrings like she was in that first performance on jools? maybe they're like a lucky charm? ^_^

To be honest, I think it's, not an act as such, but fitting in with her "persona", if you know what I mean. The Queen of Sadcore, and all that. Maybe that does make it an act. Secretly, I think she'll be made up to be doing all of these things.

I could, of course, be wrong!

I do hope it's an act as well :-/ I have to feel pretty shitty to show emotions like that on my face. Still, Lana herself has said that she's a terrible actress. It just looks too convincing in my eyes... maybe there's trouble in paradise? (talking about a certain scottish guy, ofc).

1olt2g.jpg

I do hope it's an act as well :-/ I have to feel pretty shitty to show emotions like that on my face. Still, Lana herself has said that she's a terrible actress. It just looks too convincing in my eyes... maybe there's trouble in paradise? (talking about a certain scottish guy, ofc).

Hope not, I like Barrie, they make a cute couple

Yay, i believe this is the first time Ride is performed completely live without any of the backing track. Sounded good if a little rough. The quartet sounds great. I wasn't really into the way the bassist was embellishing the bass line, but i did like Byron's little additions on piano. Lana sounded a bit flat. She appeared to be nervous, tired, and, yes, even a bit sad, kind of out of it, not entirely present. She'll probably do better on Friday. I hope.

Oh, and that cashmere is NICE.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein