liam

Later... with Jools Holland (27/11/12)

Friday's episode is the rest of Tuesday's episode, that we didnt see (as far as I'm aware). So we'll get the same half hour we got last night, plus what they continued to record after that show finished.

Thought someone may have found out what else she played by now!

Friday's episode is the rest of Tuesday's episode, that we didnt see (as far as I'm aware). So we'll get the same half hour we got last night, plus what they continued to record after that show finished.

Oh. That makes much more sense than returning three days later. So that probably means she'll be just as nervous for the rest of it. Did it seem to anyone else that she was almost as nervous here as she was in her televised performances from early in the year, as if she had regressed?

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Oh. That makes much more sense than returning three days later. So that probably means she'll be just as nervous for the rest of it. Did it seem to anyone else that she was almost as nervous here as she was in her televised performances from early in the year, as if she had regressed?

Yes! I actually thought her first Jools Holland performance was better than Ride.. she was nervous, but it kind of worked to her advantage, where as I thought Ride was a pretty weak performance.

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

Yes! I actually thought her first Jools Holland performance was better than Ride.. she was nervous, but it kind of worked to her advantage, where as I thought Ride was a pretty weak performance.

Yeah, it wasn't the greatest by any means. Still enjoyed it though!!

Yeah, it wasn't the greatest by any means. Still enjoyed it though!!

Whenever she's on British TV I basically die out of excitement, but yeah, not her best.

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

So that probably means she'll be just as nervous for the rest of it.

I actually thought she'd be a little less nervous and a bit more confident because she'd have known that there wouldn't have been hundreds of thousands of people watching her right at that moment

20r46kx.jpg

that's exactly what i commented yesterday, it's good to see i'm not alone in my perception. i think it's because jools holland is legendary and has a worldwide audience (though everything does with youtube nowadays, but the impact and repercussion is more tangible, at least in the music world). this makes me think that if she ever goes back to SNL, it might not be slamdunk that she'll be better than the first time :( she had progressed so much in regard to live performances! but, well...it goes to show how important the psychological aspect is (and i feel for her, i'd be the same). in some way, that initial insecurity of performing as lana del rey still betrays her in high pressure stages (i can't help but observe that her lips might have been a bit fuller last night :toofloppy: , too). when she was playing as lizzy she was so much more at ease.

I thought her presentation yesterday was weak compared to others, still good tho. Was just not as good as Paris Privê or that Dutch show. What I found kind of unfair (not you guy's but the media in general and music critics) when the subject is Lana Del Rey live is that no one talks about the fact that Lana doesn't have any back vocals singers, that her music is not the easiest to sing live and she doesn't use any electronic apparatus to elevate the beats or adjust her voice and sometimes doesn't even use drums. Even Adele has back vocal singers and Adele is probably the biggest voice out there. Lana has in the minimum balls for singing live like she does. I dig the fact that she does her own thing wearing jeans and all star but she could get a cooler sweater because the one she was wearing last night doesn't make her any favor Iol

glgcDdT.gif

I don't think she will be as nervous with the other songs as they didn't broadcast live, so she can feel like only the audience in the studio is watching her

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Finally watching this. Mad love for her hiccupy noise in "midnight" during the final chorus. I think this performance was a little boring, sure, but at least her voice sounded good. That's literally all I need to feel comfortable with a Lana performance.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE when she has her hair all sleek and professional, perfect makeup, and a sweater. Going on record saying it's my favorite Lana look. Keep this performance look, Lana. Stay perfect.

I'm really disappointed in her live interpretations of Ride. When I first heard the studio version of Ride I was sure that she would be able to pull it off, mainly because the vocals are more raw than any of her previously released material. The first times she performed the song on the radio, she managed to perform it quite well, but this performance in particular might just show that nerves are still getting to her once performing on television.

I've not found anything yet. If you press "i" for programme info for Friday (if you have Sky) it says "contains very strong language". I suppose it could be any of the artistes on, but could also mean Gods And Monsters or Cola, perhaps?

I've not found anything yet. If you press "i" for programme info for Friday (if you have Sky) it says "contains very strong language". I suppose it could be any of the artistes on, but could also mean Gods And Monsters or Cola, perhaps?

Thanks for that :) Im suprised there hasnt been any leaks of what she sang, ah well it will be a suprise to look forward to haha

Ooh, I hope that means Cola!! I want her to do a BTD song, but NOT Video Games. She performs it the best, but she already did it on the show in a) a better outfit b) her breakout moment. She doesn't need to remind the UK, "oh hey, I'm Video Games girl, remember?"

What if she does National Anthem with the full band?!

Ooh, I hope that means Cola!! I want her to do a BTD song, but NOT Video Games. She performs it the best, but she already did it on the show in a) a better outfit b) her breakout moment. She doesn't need to remind the UK, "oh hey, I'm Video Games girl, remember?"

What if she does National Anthem with the full band?!

I would like her to do National Anthem. Am I the only one that wishes the "rapping" part of the chorus could be sung live? Even if Lana just sang her usual lines and somebody else could do the rapping part