YUNGATA

Amy Winehouse

OMG Frank turns 20?? Wild.

I adore her two albums, lowkey wish they released more posthumous albums because she was truly an artist, her songwriting and vocals were always amazing and I can't help but wonder what other material would sound like. I also really like Lioness, but I wonder if there's more unreleased music of hers somewhere (aside from what's leaked).

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

14 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

I adore her two albums, lowkey wish they released more posthumous albums because she was truly an artist, her songwriting and vocals were always amazing and I can't help but wonder what other material would sound like. I also really like Lioness, but I wonder if there's more unreleased music of hers somewhere (aside from what's leaked).

theres sooooo much her label supposedly “demolished” </3 not to mention all the demos/sessions that have been previewed by producers. if her label wasnt so possessive and greedy we would have so much more than just the live albums they keep pumping out…

6-F87-F61-F-CE27-4-F20-BDDE-3780-E83-FE9

13 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

The head of her label destroyed all copies of unfinished unreleased material in label hands specifically to prevent that scenario. He realized that she was a perfectionist and the material wasn't anywhere close to finished enough to form an album. We do know a few titles of songs intended for the third album:

Do Me a Lemon
Gutter
A Lion's Pride

You Always Hurt the Ones You Love [which you can hear a snippet of her working on during the Amy documentary]
Song for Dionne
Our Souls Ain't Sold
Not a Penny

Cremated [this might be an alt title for "Like Smoke", as a page from her diary has it listed near "Like Smoke" and "Never Wanted You (To Be My Man)", so it seems like she might've been deciding between the three]
Lion(ess) in Limbo
Where Is He?
[probably the Amy solo version of what became "Cherry Wine"]
Misery Loves Company
How Long Now
You Never Came Back for Me

Between the Cheats was also on the same list, but that obviously saw release, alongside Like Smoke.

All of these are presumably still held in the hands of the producers who worked on them, though. Salaam Remi and Mark Ronson have both said in the past that they're against the release of any of the unfinished unreleased songs that are still in their possession.

There's no way the estate would have allowed for her music to be destroyed... It just doesn't seem fathomable, especially for a music label :bebe:

Truly hope that is just a lie made up by the label to deter the pursuit of that material...

Take The Box is my favouuuurite Amy song. Frank is such a stellar record.

47 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

There's no way the estate would have allowed for her music to be destroyed... It just doesn't seem fathomable, especially for a music label :bebe:

Truly hope that is just a lie made up by the label to deter the pursuit of that material...

Take The Box is my favouuuurite Amy song. Frank is such a stellar record.

They destroyed the copies the label had. The producers of the material still have all the original files.