Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

A user on GGD called Karen O irrelevant because she called Gaga out and he didn't know who that was.

Pull your head out of your ass

UGH kill it

My deluxe bundle shipped out and I downloaded my digital pre-order just now. The Subway demo floored me. Better than the album version. The minimal sound makes it sound much creepier.

And they're killing the acoustic tracks, too. The great thing about the Yeah Yeah Yeahs is that their acoustics aren't just limited to guitar but always have extra instrumentation (see Little Shadow). Such is sort of the case in Wedding Song.

Buy it, guys! :party: If you bought the standard edition, I'll share the deluxe tracks.

Also wish me luck for tomorrow. I can't believe I'll finally be seeing them live. I could cry just thinking about it. Yes, I'll be the one guy crying in the crowd in the midst of a crop of bros wondering when they're gonna play "that Project X song".

Pitchfork said the album was void of emotion  :hdu:

Hmm, reminds me of a certain album of our generation that brought us all to this forum :creep2:

They have 8 months to repent and name it album of the year.

The concert was amazing. The band's energy is just out of this world. She did her famous spit-take shower into the crowd right over me. The queen's saliva :legend: I was in the front row. I swear to you she looked right at me while singing "kept my eye on the first one" in Cheated Hearts. Despair was my favorite performance :flutter: I over-spent on merchandise. The crowd was surprisingly good because I was too far forward for the mosh to really have an effect on my position. I've never seen any performer smile as much as Karen while singing.

It was just the best I could ask for, barring something actually face-to-face with them. I don't think they're the type for that.

Well this thread died post release :flop: What do you guys think of Mosquito now that it's been a few months?

Also they released the "Despair" video today. First band to do a music video at the top of the Empire State building! When will Jay-Z? :legend: It's really lovely.

Well this thread died post release :flop: What do you guys think of Mosquito now that it's been a few months?

Also they released the "Despair" video today. First band to do a music video at the top of the Empire State building! When will Jay-Z? :legend: It's really lovely.

My perspective on the album has grown more favourable with time, though I agree with most major publications that it's good - just not as good as some of their past work. :/ "Always" has especially grown in my estimation...it's such a cloudy, misty song. 

I also really liked the video, and definitely think it fit the song...glad they worked with the director again. It didn't have as much plot as I had hoped, but Karen totally rocks the mustard pantsuit. :teehee:

I used to be a really big fan of them but I never really got into mosquito for some reason... (I hate the album art btw if it matters at all. I think it looks weird and gross...) but I do really love Always, and I cried this morning watching the music video for Despair. It's really pretty. (I had a lot on my mind though, it wasn't just the video lol).

They've always been a tad bit hit or miss with me. I could never get into all their songs, but the ones I could get into I loved. I probably got really into about half of each of their first 3 albums, perhaps more of It's Blitz. Although my favorite song by them is still Maps <3

I think I'm going to try giving mosquito another listen. I wasn't paying too much attention the first time tbh, I just didn't care that much because if I recall correctly it came out right when True Romance came out and at that point I was obsessed with Charli XCX.

New solo Karen, "The Moon Song", in this movie trailer!

That's the movie Arcade Fire scored! :excited:

I guess this must mean she's on at least fairly good terms with Spike, for him to be using both a Yeah Yeah Yeahs and solo song in the preview. :teehee:

@@Madrigal did you fuck with my title? :sideeye:

The Moon Song is so good! Looooove subdued Karen, it reminds me of "Song for a Warrior" and "Duet"--and that style is always preferred, would love a (real) solo album like that.

Is anyone going to get this? http://cult-records-store.myshopify.com/products/pre-order-karen-o-crush-songs-limited-edition-deluxe-vinyl

I'd need like, a LOT more info first....

They haven't released a tracklist and the press release the label sent me said the songs were rather old so if this an official release of that KO At Home demo cd that leaked in 2006 I'm not here for it

BzhmW.png

Is anyone going to get this? http://cult-records-store.myshopify.com/products/pre-order-karen-o-crush-songs-limited-edition-deluxe-vinyl

I'd need like, a LOT more info first....

Yes obviously!

They haven't released a tracklist and the press release the label sent me said the songs were rather old so if this an official release of that KO At Home demo cd that leaked in 2006 I'm not here for it

That would be great :uh: Time-frame also fits the Stop the Virgens recordings.

Either way, the day for a KO solo album has come and I'm so pumped.

EDIT: Oh this hand-numbered deluxe shit sold out while I slept. Guess that's one thing I don't have to spend money on.

Yes obviously!

That would be great :uh: Time-frame also fits the Stop the Virgens recordings.

Either way, the day for a KO solo album has come and I'm so pumped.

EDIT: Oh this hand-numbered deluxe shit sold out while I slept. Guess that's one thing I don't have to spend money on.

I'm excited regardless, lbr she IS the Yeah Yeah Yeah's

I couldn't tell you the names of the other two members

BzhmW.png

First song from Crush Songs and not only was it available before, it's the exact lo-fi recording we already know from her 2008 side project Native Korean Rock!

I'm a little pissed because I hoped she'd at least take these old songs and re-record them buuuut the NKR songs are at least better than the KO at Home demo.