jimbeam

New TikTok fans: weird or just unhinged?

I don't have a problem with how people interpert lana songs, even if they're harmful towards themselves. Everyone has their time to explore their darkness. But I agree with @Pr3ttyP4rtyFav0r that fans creating their own mythology of lanas life and treating it as a fact is soooo annoying and idiotic :dmd:

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

i honestly think she was just trying to tell a story with carmen that really wasn’t about herself, i mean, if you listen to the acapella demo which is our earliest recording of the track we have, it especially comes off that way

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Ive literally seen someone in the coquette community say "Lana Del Rey died after Ultraviolence", to which i responded with "no she retired after Honeymoon", which i know is also problematic, to joke about her work not existing after my preferred eras.

But resorting to imagine Lana died? Like that is the only way you can cope with her no longer being perfect for your aesthetic? Even as a joke, it shows whats going on in peoples minds. 

2 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Ive literally seen someone say "Lana Del Rey died after Ultraviolence", to which i responded with "no she retired after Honeymoon", which i know is also problematic, to joke about her work not existing after my preferred eras.

But resorting to imagine Lana died? Like that is the only way you can cope with her no longer being perfect for your aesthetic? Even as a joke, it shows whats going on in peoples minds. 

you sure they were not talking about the character that is Lana Del Rey and not Elizabeth herself ? or am i just being a moron instead and misunderstanding you ?

8 minutes ago, Semafori said:

you sure they were not talking about the character that is Lana Del Rey and not Elizabeth herself ? or am i just being a moron instead and misunderstanding you ?

The comments suggested otherwise, like saying it was suicide, so idk. Mayne the OP meant the character but others took it wrong, including me?

12 hours ago, The Love Witch said:

the album also didn’t seem particularly inspired

this may be but its one of my favourites :cryney:

12 hours ago, honey dew said:

Stop making me read made up words!

idk which word(s) youre referring to, but coquette is a real word https://webstersdictionary1828.com/Dictionary/coquette

femcel, however is not

Just now, Ultra Violet said:

Oops i also added, maybe i got it wrong, and so did others in the comments. Saying like "yeah, it was suicide :ohno:"

hold on they said she commited fucking suicide?! what in all that is holy is this shit

1 minute ago, Ultra Violet said:

I think it was literally coquette girlbloggers fantisizing about Lana becoming even more legendary or some shit.

you dont become a legend by dying I-

10 minutes ago, Semafori said:

read my essay that’s literally what it’s about babes 

13 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Ive literally seen someone in the coquette community say "Lana Del Rey died after Ultraviolence", to which i responded with "no she retired after Honeymoon", which i know is also problematic, to joke about her work not existing after my preferred eras.

the thing is, is that she did die after UV. she died and was reborn into what she is now if that makes sense. read my essay about it. that’s exactly what it’s about and that’s what i cover in it.

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

2 minutes ago, jamesss said:

read my essay that’s literally what it’s about babes 

the thing is, is that she did die after UV. she died and was reborn into what she is now if that makes sense. read my essay about it. that’s exactly what it’s about and that’s what i cover in it.

I will later today! Im just checking in for short moments during work rn :hdu:

11 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

Also I think it's silly to condemn fans for enjoying "coquette, lolita, girlblogger etc" aesthetic as if it isn't precisely that which lana intentionally made 

lana’s “lolita” phase was over 10 years ago and just because she did it doesn’t mean it’s okay for people today to partake in that aesthetic, it’s gross to romanticize that book and make it into some sort of edgy love story, i don’t think every reference lana made to that book was necessarily wrong, but some of them don’t feel like they’re true to the actual nature of the book and what it was actually about (i don’t like the song “lolita” very much for this reason… i can’t help but feel like that song was not about the book and more about the sensationalized version of lolita)

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, jamesss said:

i deadass put my thoughts about this subject into a five page essay that no one will read?? 

im confused now because i did read you saying the Lana Del Rey persona died but  ultra violet said they meant elizabeth herself died