HunterAshlyn

Paradise and Born to Die Sister Songs

Probably because of her vibrato. :smokes2: I'm not mad at the song, though. I use

I mean, in comparison to the other songs on Paradise, I skip it the most often. But yes- every once in a while, its an appropriate little slow bop. Gives me crooner teas and awl that jazz. I'm not mad at it per se- it's the friend you only call on their birthday tho, you know?

HDB first version = more upbeat = video version

HDB "demo" = second version = more relaxed (revamped for the BTD sessions?)

Exactly. David Kahne did the second version, leaked by CalendarGirl in early 2011.

The FIRST version (if you want to, a ""demo"") was online previously in the form of MQ video rips.

Also, "My Best Days" and "You & Me" are totally sisters.

So are "Paradise" and "Serial Killer."

Honestly, I don't agree with any of your pairings except for Blue Velvet & BTD...

What would your pairings be? Would you pair any at all? Interested to know what you think, especially with your interest in production?

I've been trying too hard

with one pretty song

I know that everyone says she means Video Games with one pretty song but I've always thought she meant Yayo because of the been trying too hard bit. She's been singing Yayo for at least six years now. Video Games immediately became successful. I don't know...maybe she means that she's been trying so hard with Yayo but she never became successful...just a theory of mine.

Or she is not literally referencing one of her existing songs, but rather using the line figuratively.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Or she is not literally referencing one of her existing songs, but rather using the line figuratively.

Oh, shit, Mo. The lyrical fundamentalists around here are gonna burn you at the stake for such heresy. Right next to Chloe's neighbor.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I think it's stupid that people are trying to connect Blue Velvet & Blue Jeans with the line about seeing through tears. There are so many songs that exist, an infinite amount, and people think that just because there is a similar line shared between two songs that it means one inspired the other... no. I really don't get that at all. I know she covered it but that doesn't mean it was on her mind when she wrote Blue Jeans. There isn't a deep emotional connection to every decision Lana makes, come on.

14417469274.gif

------SIDENOTE----------

In my version of Born to Die Paradise Edition, the track listing is as follows:

1. Body Electric

2. Born to Die

3. Lolita (Version 1)

4. Driving In Cars with Boys

5. Lucky Ones

6. American

7. Radio

8. You Can Be the Boss

9. Gods and Monsters

10. Off to the Races

11. Cola

12. Summertime Sadness (Extended Radio Edit)

13. Ride

14. I Don't Want to Go

15. Yayo

16. You & Me

17. Million Dollar Man

18. Hollywood's Dead

19. Blue Velvet

20. Happy Birthday

21. National Anthem

22. Dayglo Reflection

23. Diet Mountain Dew

24. My Bitch

25. My Best Days

26. Hundred Dollar Bill (Version 2)

27. Blue Jeans

28. Burning Desire

29. Dark Paradise

30. This is What Makes Us Girls

31. Bel Air

32. Video Games

33. Oh Say Can You See

34. Carmen

I don't know how you do it, Hunter, but this playlist has convinced me of the beauty of every last one of the new "Paradise" songs. :thankyou:

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I think it's stupid that people are trying to connect Blue Velvet & Blue Jeans with the line about seeing through tears. There are so many songs that exist, an infinite amount, and people think that just because there is a similar line shared between two songs that it means one inspired the other... no. I really don't get that at all. I know she covered it but that doesn't mean it was on her mind when she wrote Blue Jeans. There isn't a deep emotional connection to every decision Lana makes, come on.

I'm also pretty sure H&M had a big say in the matter.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Am I the only one who sees a connection between Get Drunk and Cola? :crying: Other than them being the number one and two best songs she's ever written? :crying:

So having listened to "Cola," I'm now fairly confident that the infidelities referenced in that song and "Get Drunk" refer to using one substance to get off of another.

But that was when I thought Cola was about drugs.

Hey, maybe she's talking about helping a guy get over an ex-wife? (I'm rambling now.)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I don't know how you do it, Hunter, but this playlist has convinced me of the beauty of every last one of the new "Paradise" songs. :thankyou:

AH! I'm so glad you like it. I'm pretty in love with it. (I don't listen to it at least once a day or anything, tho... god... what kinda psychopath would do that............... oh me...)

PrettyBaby = converted.

WHO IS NEXT IN LINE TO SEE THE LIGHT? :flawless:

But that was when I thought Cola was about drugs.

Hey, maybe she's talking about helping a guy get over an ex-wife? (I'm rambling now.)

I don't think they're about the same topic, just kind of...structurally? No. They're two sides of the same coin. A coin it took six years to flip, I guess. Come on, get drunk vs. come on, baby, let's ride. I can't express this well :toofloppy:

Yeah, I was desperately grasping at straws on that one :twirls:

Although Young and Beautiful is on The Great Gatsby soundtrack, wasn't it originally intended for Paradise? I love the line "I've seen the world, done it all, had my cake now" with Lolita's "I want my cake and I wanna eat it too".