Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

4 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

I love Marina more than Lana, but Lana has never been passive aggressive towards her fans for making jokes or towards criticism

Spoiler

DqAmLxtVYAAqpkL.jpg

El-xWhbWkAQnud0.jpg

Captura-de-pantalla-2017-07-19-a-las-13.

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

2 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

Ok but a “fuck you” is miles better than “Social media is toxic cause they joke about streaming my music so that I can eat” tbh.

I'm sorry, but Marina's statement was so much better than Lana's. She's polite, she articulates her thoughts and opinions and she's kinda right.

Lana is always just attacking people without forming an eloquent speech 

Just now, BluebirdXO said:

I'm sorry, but Marina's statement was so much better than Lana's. She's polite, she articulate her thoughts and opinions and she's kinda right.

Lana is always just attacking people without forming eloquent speech 

Me and my cancer moon be like :willcut:

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

you dont have to be like everybody else you dont have to fit into the norm you are not here to conform I am here to take a look inside myself recognize that I could b the eye- the eye- of the storm i am not my body not my mind or my brain ha not my thots or feelings i am not my dna i am the observer im a witness of life i live in the space between the stars and the sky

29 minutes ago, Venus Fly Trap said:
  Hide contents

DqAmLxtVYAAqpkL.jpg

El-xWhbWkAQnud0.jpg

Captura-de-pantalla-2017-07-19-a-las-13.

the L4L tweet is just funny I don’t think anybody bullied them for the tweet, even Lana’s tone was tongue-in-cheeky 

the tattoo thing is funny as fuck tbh I need more context LMAOO

I don’t understand the first screen?

but yeah I do believe Lana’s fanbase is much more aggressive when it comes to Lana and mob behaviour 

20 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I'm sorry, but Marina's statement was so much better than Lana's. She's polite, she articulates her thoughts and opinions and she's kinda right.

Lana is always just attacking people without forming an eloquent speech 

Marina’s statement was good in that it didn’t attack anyone but it was also kinda pretentious? Like you’re a millionaire (like she specified she was) and your concern is clapping back at people who make stan jokes IDK it seems too dramatic

Iggy Azalea received the same comment once and responded with “Stream Fancy too so I can get a milkshake” which I thought was the best response possible to the statement

Just now, partymonster said:

I'm just confused as to why you came into a Marina thread if you all you had to say was how much you don't want new Marina music 

Then why didn‘t you write this as your question?

I am a Marina fan since Family Jewels and I have been in this thread many times before. I never said I dont want Marina‘s music and have honestly no idea why you ask that.

I just have my problems when people expect two different artists to do the same things and even say Marina „outdoes“ Lana just because Lana keeps a low profile at the moment. As if there weren‘t any reasons why she prefers to be silent and as if she didn‘t release more (and better) music than Marina in the last years.

On 5/9/2021 at 4:31 PM, Yosemite said:

Anyway, this is my ranking for the songs I'm most excited about:

1.  Pandora's Box (since Eclipse teased those lyrics, I got hyped af for that one lmao I hope it's v upbeat)
  2.  Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land (bc it's the title track and the title seems intriguing)
  3. Venus Fly Trap (the snippet sounded really good)
  4. I Love You But I Love Me More
  5. Flowers (loved the piano)
  6. New America
  7. High Emotional People
  8. Goodbye

Disclaimer: it's not because some title is at the bottom that I'm not excited about it. I'm excited to hear new stuff, my excitement level for new stuff is always 10/10, but some of them I'm like 15/10 lmao (Pandora's Box, I'm looking right at you:smile:)

Just a quick update on this lmao

1. Venus Fly Trap (tbh, this one and NA are neck and neck on excitement level bc of what Eclipse said about NA)
  2. New America
  3. I Love You But I Love Me More (the title is intriguing)
  4. Pandora's Box (really wanted this one to be upbeat so...umm yeah)
  5. Flowers
  6. High Emotional People
  7. Goodbye

ALSO, apparently Eclipse (not 100% sure if it was him but where I saw this they gave him credits) posted a snippet of VFT's instrumental. Did y'all listen?

If this was already discussed, then ignore this part lmao 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

11 minutes ago, COCC said:

I am a Marina fan since Family Jewels and I have been in this thread many times before. I never said I dont want Marina‘s music and have honestly no idea why you ask that.

I just have my problems when people expect two different artists to do the same things and even say Marina „outdoes“ Lana just because Lana keeps a low profile at the moment. As if there weren‘t any reasons why she prefers to be silent and as if she didn‘t release more (and better) music than Marina in the last years.

Now that's subjective. I have to admit that Lana DID release much better music than Marina in 2019 even though L+F and NFR! are super different records, but now Lana hasn't release anything... innovative. Lana's current projects (COCC and BB) are kinda mediocre and monotonous visual-wise and musically, whereas Marina's new era is a recovery and way more hard-worked than L+F and again, Lana's recent and upcoming projects.

6 minutes ago, COCC said: 

I mean... lemme ask the audience 

9 hours ago, COCC said: 

I‘d rather have three Lana songs than a whole Marina album :bye:

8 hours ago, COCC said:

We have peak Lana while Marina is talking about Britney shaving her head and Winestein going to jail :rip:

1 minute ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

Now that's subjective. I have to admit that Lana DID release much better music than Marina in 2019 even though L+F and NFR! are super different records, but now Lana hasn't release anything... innovative. Lana's current projects (COCC and BB) are kinda mediocre and monotonous visual-wise and musically, whereas Marina's new era is a recovery and way more hard-worked comparing to L+F and again, Lana's new projects.

Subjective like 99% of LB, yes. I have to disagree with your post, since I see BB‘s single as something absolutely intruiging for me while Marinas new music sounds... dated and monotone? I loved To Be Human much more than PTP or ADIAML. But I accept your opinion of course. 

Just now, partymonster said:

I mean... lemme ask the audience 

Do I want music from Marina? Yes.
Would I choose Lana‘s music if I had to? Yes.

Do I think Lanas lyrics are better? Yes.

I have no idea what problem you see.

2 minutes ago, COCC said:

Do I want music from Marina? Yes.
Would I choose Lana‘s music if I had to? Yes.

Do I think Lanas lyrics are better? Yes.

I have no idea what problem you see.

So go into another thread and do that? I'm asking why you came into a thread about Marina just to tell us that you prefer Lana :oprah3:

1 minute ago, partymonster said:

So go into another thread and do that? I'm asking why you came into a thread about Marina just to tell us that you prefer Lana :oprah3:

Because I was reading here about Marina and this topic came up. I can add my opinion whenever I want :oprah3:

1 minute ago, COCC said:

Because I was reading here about Marina and this topic came up. I can add my opinion whenever I want :oprah3:

Then don't expect people to not have a problem with adding literally nothing constructive & just telling us how much better Lana is, in a thread about Marina :oprah3: