Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I love Marina more than Lana, but Lana has never been passive aggressive towards her fans for making jokes or towards criticism

21 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Why do ya'll hate L+F? It's not that bad tbh

cause we have taste but today is not L+F discussion day

1 hour ago, HEARTCORE said:

lana has never and will never have anything as diabolical and trite as L&F or PTP so check that

The way you always come through with the right opinions it amazes me sometimes 

I love how chaotic this thread always is :oop:

In terms of visuals, Marina is serving more than Lana (even though Chemtrails MV was miles better than MW and PTP combined).

However, track-wise, Lana’s just put out better stuff. Y’all really want to compare God Book, Wildflower Wildnoises and Blue Banisters to the three tracks Marina released so far? Lana’s tracks, even if they aren’t your cup of tea, they’re  so intimate and personal whereas Marina’s are songs that touch on important subjects but on a really surface level. The only track that I’d say that it’s as good as these three Lana put out is ADIAML.
Tbh I really liked the first two songs (despite MW’s terrible mix) but once she released the title track, it kinda made me put the other two in perspective and like them a little less than I previously did (esp PTP, which I really really liked but after listening to ADIAML felt there was something missing on it).

But whatever, potato potato. People are different and there will always be someone who disagrees w/ you, and it does not mean they’re not right or that you’re wrong, EXCEPT for people who say that Text Book isn’t the best (out of the three) Lana released :smile4:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

35 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

I love Marina more than Lana, but Lana has never been passive aggressive towards her fans for making jokes or towards criticism

I think the discussion is over thankfully but Lana tells her fans to f*ck off..so maybe not the best example.

6 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I think the discussion is over thankfully but Lana tells her fans to f*ck off..so maybe not the best example.

in all fairness that’s not passive aggressive, that’s just straight up aggressive :lmao:

RVhKIwP.gif

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Come on girl the songs are not that bad have you heard ‘handmade heaven’.  That is straight up something Lana could write.

yes but as a whole, lana would never deliver something so half-baked...even what is considered her worst record LFL (which its not) is still very authentic and interesting

52 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

We have half of lust for life, NFR and Cocc lmao

this just further proves the point that you are unqualified to judge the quality of a song

39 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

cause we have taste but today is not L+F discussion day

The way you always come through with the right opinions it amazes me sometimes 

the way g***** hanna's nose permeates through my computer screen it amazes me sometimes

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

37 minutes ago, HEARTCORE said:

yes but as a whole, lana would never deliver something so half-baked...even what is considered her worst record LFL (which its not) is still very authentic and interesting

this just further proves the point that you are unqualified to judge the quality of a song

the way g***** hanna's nose permeates through my computer screen it amazes me sometimes

You Stan Britney who has three good albums that she was allowed creative control over, I take it you’re the best indicator?

10 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

You Stan Britney who has three good albums that she was allowed creative control over, I take it you’re the best indicator?

... you have Avril as your pfp :oic2:

33 minutes ago, COCC said:

... you have Avril as your pfp :oic2:

It’s a meme photo and yes Avril was my coming of age artist, no shade to Britney just cannot understand how people who like dumb fun pop music listen to Cocc and NFR and become Roger Ebert

44 minutes ago, partymonster said:

How did this discussion start? I'm not reading all that. @evalionisameme clocked doe.

Just aggressive 

Ok but a “fuck you” is miles better than “Social media is toxic cause they joke about streaming my music so that I can eat” tbh..

4 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

Ok but a “fuck you” is miles better than “Social media is toxic cause they joke about streaming my music so that I can eat” tbh..

Lana directly attacking someone on social media, opening them up to hate from her sycophants and for them to also use pictures of said person's face to this day is better than Marina making a general statement? 

40 minutes ago, partymonster said:

Lana directly attacking someone on social media, opening them up to hate from her sycophants and for them to also use pictures of said person's face to this day is better than Marina making a general statement? 

Ok I didn’t know it reached this extent...

This thread has the same chaotic energy that the Instagram updates one has :eek2:

imageproxy.jpg

This thread has became so fucking ridiculous. Whether you prefer Lana or Marina, whether you think Lana's music is better than Marina's, whether your prefer Lana's new singles more than Marina's, both singers' music and art are totally DIFFERENT so it's not reasonable to compare them :rip:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

8 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Purge the poison and ancient dreams are great pieces of work..honestly surprised that marina is decimating Lana for me this era , love how she has remained creative with her visuals and the strong melodic component on ancient dreams wooo 

The way that I always agree with you :flutter: