Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Oooh. I love thissss. 

Thank you! It makes the album a lot cooler and more palatable for me. I explained the order some pages back but it's basically like love lost (1-5), motivation to reinvent (6-9), embracing a femme fatale persona (10-13), resulting unhappiness/getting too far into her character and realizing it was never really the solution (14-17), and then redemption/return to self (18-20).

Thank you! It makes the album a lot cooler and more palatable for me. I explained the order some pages back but it's basically like love lost (1-5), motivation to reinvent (6-9), embracing a femme fatale persona (10-13), resulting unhappiness/getting too far into her character and realizing it was never really the solution (14-17), and then redemption/return to self (18-20).

Could you link me to the Valley Of The Dolls + State of Dreaming versions w/ the interlude added in, assuming that's what you have? Right now I just have the intros on the playlist before the tracks.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Could you link me to the Valley Of The Dolls + State of Dreaming versions w/ the interlude added in, assuming that's what you have? Right now I just have the intros on the playlist before the tracks.

So Electra Heart, EVOL, Miss Y, Scab and Plaster are all the EH outtakes right? Am I missing any?

And can anyone tell me about Sinful? Was it a TFJ outtake or..?

'Scab & Plaster' is an ~outtake~ in the sense that she wrote it between albums, but she's described it herself as a song that doesn't fit - a true throwback. 

'Sinful' is another TFJ outtake. 

And Like The Other Girls.

Sinful is 2009 right?

I think 'Sinful' is '09, yeah. 

'Like the Other Girls' is a very, very rough demo she recorded with Greg...now the melody (or at least parts of it) have been used in a song by a Latin-American pop star. 

Like The Other Girls? Not sure if I've ever even heard of this.. It's an EH outtake? Could you upload it for me?

Oh and I guess Just Desserts is a EH outtake too right?

A clip of the song we now know as 'Just Desserts' was leaked in early 2012, as 'The Other Foot'. I think it's safe to assume that it's an outtake, especially after the interview where she talked about it being intended for a rapper. o.O Then again, maybe not. 

Should I make THE DEATH OF ELECTRA HEART Megamix...

It sounds interesting. I could make it out of all the Electra Heart films. 

Like a video megamix?

Ooooooh, I'd really love those in original quality!

I will PM you (and whoever else wants them--@@Rebel?)

@@SitarHero : I LOVE your Electra Heart track order! I figured out how it got together chronologically before I even read your post! It's very well out together and tells the Electra heart story better than the real track list.

Thanks! It really is a clear story when you look at it the right way, her tracklist just baffles me. Especially confused at her putting The State of Dreaming so early.

I'm super late to the party, but I'm so into her now. This Electra Heart album is just about perfect. She's such a good live performer, too. Not to mention THOSE LEGS/CURVES. Haha. 

Are you guys into her, too? 

Before I was into her, I walked in front of one of her concerts that had just gotten out (I was in a band that played the opposite side of the venue) with my Lana Del Rey tshirt and proabbly 75 people told me they loved my shirt, so i figured some of ya'll must love her.