Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

2 hours ago, kuntsugi said:

you demo. that's the post.

this is so real because i remember when that short snippet (YOU!!!) leaked wayyy before l+f and i was so excited… it sounded like real, good pop music 

and then she released what she released and it didn’t sound like that :crossed:

1 hour ago, brandon said:

this is so real because i remember when that short snippet (YOU!!!) leaked wayyy before l+f and i was so excited… it sounded like real, good pop music 

and then she released what she released and it didn’t sound like that :crossed:

me too i was so disappointed when the final didn't had the screaming bit from the snippet :deadbanana: love the demo tho, sounds a little bit like the family jewels to me

5 hours ago, kuntsugi said:

you demo. that's the post.

i remember begging for it so much and when l+f was put out in stores like weeks earlier i just kept asking whether you was changed and i was so upset :air:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

12 hours ago, AllForYou said:

honestly idk how to articulate how I feel so sorry if this is a mess, but I have real gripes with ‘Owned by a sheik who killed thousands of gay men. I guess that's why he bought the campest hotel in L.A. then’

in the uk ‘camp’ is often used as a (outdated and low-key homophobic) code for ‘gay’/‘effeminate’ so I guess she’s implying that he’ll put up with having a ‘gay’ pink hotel if it makes him profit? but isn’t she just implying that having a pink hotel isn’t masculine, therefore literally enforcing the patriarchy she’s criticising in the same song? idk I hate the vibe the line gives off.

am I missing some kind of point? I don’t know the hotel’s history other than it’s pink and Marilyn used to live there, is it some kind of symbol in America? I’d genuinely love for other opinions on that line

no...she's being ironic and asking why someone who hates gay people would want to buy a hotel where his main clientele are gay people. it's got nothing to do with the color pink. camp is also not a slur at all in the uk

asides from that she literally went to that hotel & posted pictures of herself eating in it, aka giving that man money??? learn what boycotting is

maybe she didn't learn about the owner until after she went?

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

10 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Im surprised there’s so many “spicy” threads devoted to Marina-she’s always demure by a pop stars standards atleast :awkney: - like there’s so many places devoted to her chest despite her being covered constantly. 

The straights and gays love her, versatile queen! :brows:

16 minutes ago, HEARTCORE said:

no...she's being ironic and asking why someone who hates gay people would want to buy a hotel where his main clientele are gay people. it's got nothing to do with the color pink. camp is also not a slur at all in the uk

maybe she didn't learn about the owner until after she went?

I didn’t say it was a slur, I’m from the UK I know it’s not a slur, I called it a code word, because people say stuff like ‘oh he’s y’know a bit… camp’ when they mean an effeminate gay man, maybe it’s regional. I didn’t know that mostly gay clientele went there so thank you for the context /gen

she went to the hotel after the song was dropped that’s why I mentioned it. 

6 minutes ago, 132 said:

the way id love to do an in depth review of marina's discography :twirls:

i just dont have time tbf

honestly I’d love that:flutter: I’d love to talk about her other eras too, I know we’ve talked about L+F but she has had severely messy moments in all eras, and also some great ones. I think the website they did for orange trees where enough presaves released a snippet was so good (even if the demo website was found and we got some early:rip:) I wish she used it more in the era

and as much as I would like die life and electra heart, atlantic (or just her manager) made the right call by not allowing her to do it. Marina has her heart in the right place but she tends to overpromise what she’s capable of doing, one thing I’ll give the MARINA era is she never promised a deluxe for L+F and she did actually give us the deluxe for ADIAML she promised

7 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

honestly I’d love that:flutter: I’d love to talk about her other eras too, I know we’ve talked about L+F but she has had severely messy moments in all eras, and also some great ones. I think the website they did for orange trees where enough presaves released a snippet was so good (even if the demo website was found and we got some early:rip:) I wish she used it more in the era

and as much as I would like die life and electra heart, atlantic (or just her manager) made the right call by not allowing her to do it. Marina has her heart in the right place but she tends to overpromise what she’s capable of doing, one thing I’ll give the MARINA era is she never promised a deluxe for L+F and she did actually give us the deluxe for ADIAML she promised

lemme be doing that then? omg. i'd do it for other artists too but i'd love to do a deep dive. like ranking the album in several categories then giving it an overall score if you get me?

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

6 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

No comment- In before she goes to a zoo 

this is giving me ‘you have to be mentally ill to be a cop’ vibes, surprised she’s left it up since pretty much all the tweets are people educating her about conservation.

sea world IS horrible, keeping whales IS disgusting, but this really seems like an american centric issue that marina seems to think it’s universal, not all zoos and aquariums are perfect but most of them are about conservation & research, and they save animals from circuses or those that have been injured in the wild and can’t live independently. 

good for her being on her animal rights era but I wish she wouldn’t spout misleading accusations on her platform 

2 minutes ago, 132 said:

lemme be doing that then? omg. i'd do it for other artists too but i'd love to do a deep dive. like ranking the album in several categories then giving it an overall score if you get me?

yesss, also how you’d improve the album in retrospect!! my biggest gripe with electra heart is she didn’t rearrange the deluxe, she specifically said she wanted fear and loathing as the outro & the tracks to tell a story 

1 minute ago, AllForYou said:

yesss, also how you’d improve the album in retrospect!! my biggest gripe with electra heart is she didn’t rearrange the deluxe, she specifically said she wanted fear and loathing as the outro & the tracks to tell a story 

lemme get to writing. tbf the way i would probably do this on yewchewb :true:

2 minutes ago, 132 said:

lemme get to writing. tbf the way i would probably do this on yewchewb :true:

honestly I’d love to do a YouTube-esque deep dive into each of her albums but I don’t want to use my voice and I don’t want to use one of those robot voices because they annoy me:rip:

how effective the singles were would be a good category too. I know everyone, including marina, thinks bubblegum bitch would have been a great single but they would have had to bleep all instances of ‘bitch’ or change the word, ‘bubblegum chick’ does not have the same vibe

4 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

honestly I’d love to do a YouTube-esque deep dive into each of her albums but I don’t want to use my voice and I don’t want to use one of those robot voices because they annoy me:rip:

how effective the singles were would be a good category too. I know everyone, including marina, thinks bubblegum bitch would have been a great single but they would have had to bleep all instances of ‘bitch’ or change the word, ‘bubblegum chick’ does not have the same vibe

LEMME BE TAKING NOTES :true:

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

the comments are quite positive towards her and the new material, interesting 

L+F being her longest standard album and yet still the least performed in her set :oic2: Same thing that happened on tour, God bless her

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

40 minutes ago, AlexIl said:

L+F being her longest standard album and yet still the least performed in her set :oic2: Same thing that happened on tour, God bless her

it’s a shame she’ll never really play those songs again because they’re associated with Jack. you, too afraid and true might never be played live now.

you and true are weird choices to never play live imo, she said she imagined playing true in a club with her friends and ‘you’ seems like a great ‘pass the mic over’ opportunity I know most people enjoy the demo more but it would still be good live I think.