Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

4 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I mean I think I have the same mentality as Marina :defeated:  savages had awkward lines to me “we can be bad as we can be good” 

I honestly think Purge the Poison is better as a political track- some of the phrasing may be a bit blunt but overall I like the juxtapositions.

I agree (to me FROOT is the start of some of her awkward lyricism), but I think the main difference is tone/intention, like there’s something about ‘Harvey Weinstein’s *cheerleader chant* gone to jail!’ that really doesn’t sit right with me.

I do like purge the poison’s production and everything but the verses (I wish she kept it from mother nature’s perspective), but it feels like she’s listening things off to check boxes which feels disingenuous (and I’ve already said about her going to that hotel in man’s world) vs savages where it felt like she was actually touched by these things

14 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

I agree (to me FROOT is the start of some of her awkward lyricism), but I think the main difference is tone/intention, like there’s something about ‘Harvey Weinstein’s *cheerleader chant* gone to jail!’ that really doesn’t sit right with me.

I do like purge the poison’s production and everything but the verses (I wish she kept it from mother nature’s perspective), but it feels like she’s listening things off to check boxes which feels disingenuous (and I’ve already said about her going to that hotel in man’s world) vs savages where it felt like she was actually touched by these things

You are right, Sex Yeah And Savages sound more organic while her recent songs sound forced, Its like she woke up one day and said “How many political messages can I fit into this 3 minute song and somehow make It akwardly rhyme” just to be seen as woke 

Also, even though Purge The Poison is not the worst song in ADIAML by far, the beat is too fast for my taste, sounds like Its been nightcored or something, maybe just my impression 

8 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

Wonder if not that ugly is another laptop song or a good producer song like sinful or starlight

I think it’s probably a laptop song, but I’m more than happy to be proven wrong if anyone wants to leak it:flutter: (unlikely but we randomly got China Dolls a couple of years ago)

5 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

I think it’s probably a laptop song, but I’m more than happy to be proven wrong if anyone wants to leak it:flutter: (unlikely but we randomly got China Dolls a couple of years ago)

i mean its the only grail to ask for... maybe froot demo and sinful Final too ok yeah but thats iy, im sure there are more good stuff that is unknown

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

6 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

id be surprised if it leaks, considering its an early song

Just now, lanaismamom said:

i mean its the only grail to ask for... maybe froot demo and sinful Final too ok yeah but thats iy, im sure there are more good stuff that is unknown

there deffo is

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

8 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

‘beautiful world’ from the L+F era, a snippet leaked a few months ago

7 minutes ago, 132 said:

id be surprised if it leaks, considering its an early song

same, but no one was ever expecting china dolls (or even knew the 2006 plastic rainbow existed) to leak, that was the most random leak ever (in retrospect it makes sense it existed since she said it was the first song she wrote)

Just now, AllForYou said:

‘beautiful world’ from the L+F era, a snippet leaked a few months ago

same, but no one was ever expecting china dolls (or even knew the 2006 plastic rainbow existed) to leak, that was the most random leak ever

shit just kinda turns up tbh. like people just find it on old pcs and things

8 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

You are right, Sex Yeah And Savages sound more organic while her recent songs sound forced, Its like she woke up one day and said “How many political messages can I fit into this 3 minute song and somehow make It akwardly rhyme” just to be seen as woke 

Also, even though Purge The Poison is not the worst song in ADIAML by far, the beat is too fast for my taste, sounds like Its been nightcored or something, maybe just my impression 

tbh real

sex yeah and savages are two of her best songs, yet purge the poison sounds so corny. her namedropping britney never sat right with me either, it feels disrespectful in a way?? idk, like the whole freebritney campaign was so publicized that it’s like damn, let her have some peace and quiet instead of using her name for some shitty song 

ALSO the nightcored thing is so true, i’ve never figured out a way to put it into words, but something about the speed sounds so off 😭 like slow down girl!

I thought Not that Ugly was an alternate title for an already leaked song. 

Just like Black and White is and alternate title for the Are You Satisfied earliest demo. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

59 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

I thought Not that Ugly was an alternate title for an already leaked song. 

Just like Black and White is and alternate title for the Are You Satisfied earliest demo. 

its speculated that not that ugly is suprmodel legs 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

11 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

absent love and doubt your love are so sad, I feel so bad for her putting up with that for so long:(

i read bad and was about to sue

Spoiler

doubt your love choruses are so bad though, alex hope needs to work on her mixing skills omg the vocals 

6 minutes ago, 132 said:

i read bad and was about to sue

Hide contents

doubt your love choruses are so bad though, alex hope needs to work on her mixing skills omg the vocals 

honestly my only criticism of these songs is they should probably be just one really good song instead of two ok songs but that goes for literally all the L+F songs, EYL and TNWWY should be one really good song instead of two songs.

15 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

its speculated that not that ugly is suprmodel legs 

Yeah, that's the one, thanks. 

Too bad that if you ask Marina nowadays I doubt she remember lol

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde