Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

On 7/13/2023 at 12:21 AM, 111 said:

it was just a jokes xoxo :et:

It's not funny to joke about these things. Mainly about a chronic disease that has had a lot of problems with getting recognized as real and has been fighting to get proper treatment available.

ME is pretty serious and I wish her well. I'm worried about her post that she feels like she can "push through it" and "just heal". But I believe it could be misguided positvity and reassurance to the fans that she will continue making music. She should just take her time and be mindful of her health. 

Years ago, I remember one of my favorite youtubers got diagnosed with CFS too and they said that recovery depends on the person but usually the recovery lasts for 2-3 years. 

So at this point, I don't care about new music at all. Health comes first. I wish her well, she deserves that!

url%5D

1 hour ago, Topaz said:

It's not funny to joke about these things. Mainly about a chronic disease that has had a lot of problems with getting recognized as real and has been fighting to get proper treatment available.

ME is pretty serious and I wish her well. I'm worried about her post that she feels like she can "push through it" and "just heal". But I believe it could be misguided positvity and reassurance to the fans that she will continue making music. She should just take her time and be mindful of her health. 

i dont need an essay sis i know well about nervous system dysregulation

1 hour ago, Topaz said:

babe, you can literally joke about anything - the only problem is that people are too sensitive these days, especially to problems that they don't even have/have nothing to do with them.

:cuteface:

i suffer from CFS, and to a point I completely understand where @111 is coming from with that joke, because people these days (including celebrities) like to afflict themselves with certain diseases just to feel somewhat special/play the victim card.

38 minutes ago, 111 said:

i dont need an essay sis i know well about nervous system dysregulation

I don't know why we are calling 5 sentences an essay now and we're calling random strangers "sis" or "babe", but work I guess

27 minutes ago, Life said:

babe, you can literally joke about anything - the only problem is that people are too sensitive these days, especially to problems that they don't even have/have nothing to do with them.

:cuteface:

i suffer from CFS, and to a point I completely understand where @111 is coming from with that joke, because people these days (including celebrities) like to afflict themselves with certain diseases just to feel somewhat special/play the victim card.

Well jokes are also supposed to be funny you know. 

I'm sorry to hear you suffer from CFS and having people afflict themselves with certain diseases is annoying, but we shouldn't assume those things with no further knowlegde and mock/joke about that in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, partymonster said:

for having a health condition?...

She is just manipulating attention and concern out of her audience... people do this when they have a desperate need to feel special and meaningful, and they talk about themselves like fallen soldiers, that they have suffered so much and the "healing" is such a righteous fight. The majority of people on earth who live with chronic health conditions just have to deal with them and keep working, they don't turn them into a grand personal narrative and a narcissistic effigy of self-victimisation

3 minutes ago, honey dew said:

She is just manipulating attention and concern out of her audience... people do this when they have a desperate need to feel special and meaningful, and they talk about themselves like fallen soldiers, that they have suffered so much and the "healing" is such a righteous fight. The majority of people on earth who live with chronic health conditions just have to deal with them and keep working, they don't turn them into a grand personal narrative and a narcissistic effigy of self-victimisation

Welcome to the Marina thread :party:

On 7/12/2023 at 6:32 PM, honey dew said:

Marina will be the next celeb to go nonbinary mark my words

I need a celebrity gambling site because I would definitely put at least $20 this. :thumb3:

As someone with a chronic physical condition what she said definitely sounded tone deaf.

On 7/13/2023 at 8:40 AM, AllForYou said:

‘Answers always exist. The body wants to heal — and what I’ve learned is you have to work with it, not against it.’

girl your privilege is showing again, it’s really great you can see a ‘functional medicine practitioner’ but millions of people simply don’t have the resources to just stop work and stressing about these types of things and ‘heal themselves.’ (edit: for clarification I don’t mean that she should work if she’s ill, everyone should be able to take paid time off if they’re sick)

edit: I forgot to mention her saying she was ‘grateful’ for being ill too, this is some LA shit.

I live for the day when people will stop harming disabled people by promoting magicians and potion-masters from the middle ages across their platforms. LIKE STOP NOW

4 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

I need a celebrity gambling site because I would definitely put at least $20 this. :thumb3:

As someone with a chronic physical condition what she said definitely sounded tone deaf.

That would explain the quality of her music these days!

1 minute ago, honey dew said:

a slightly out of touch post about an illness she's been diagnosed with fairly recently doesn't warrant this type of response. your words about self-victimisation are the type of things 'regular' people who live with chronic health conditions have to hear everyday. you're not any better bc it's a celebrity u don't like lol

whining about an artist in a topic about said artist you don't like for attention, a tale as old as time here on lanaboards 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

it's so insane to see a fanbase that heavily praises Marina's earlier music (much of which being, in one way or another, about depression & over-exertion & stress) then go on to be dismissive when she's diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome :deadbanana:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

1 hour ago, partymonster said:

a slightly out of touch post about an illness she's been diagnosed with fairly recently doesn't warrant this type of response. your words about self-victimisation are the type of things 'regular' people who live with chronic health conditions have to hear everyday. you're not any better bc it's a celebrity u don't like lol

I was in fact drawing a line between Marina and regular people with chronic conditions...and accordingly I dislike Marina because she acts like an afflicted self-righteous buffoon...

I was in fact drawing a line between Marina and regular people with chronic conditions...and accordingly I dislike Marina because she acts like an afflicted self-righteous buffoon...

because you think she needs to talk about her own disability in a way that caters to user honey dew's feelings... you have probably been told this before but if you don't like her to this extent then you can simply just exit the thread 

4 minutes ago, partymonster said:

because you think she needs to talk about her own disability in a way that caters to user honey dew's feelings... you have probably been told this before but if you don't like her to this extent then you can simply just exit the thread 

Omg she would love to hear someone call her disabled...and you're right I don't need to be hating on her honestly the amount of hate/indifference she gets is probably making her this way...

Omg she would love to hear someone call her disabled...and you're right I don't need to be hating on her honestly the amount of hate/indifference she gets is probably making her this way...

you're pathetic