Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Orange Trees and You are the worst songs off the whole album. That's the tea

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

i can’t stop thinking about how much marina we are actually missing with this album.Because TFJ is OG marina and when she switched up for EH and Froot, they were completely new sounds for her but no one ever questioned if it there was a lack of Marina in those albums lyrically.. listening to L+F, it just makes me want to go back and listen to those three albums because of the lack of marina in it. and it’s made me appreciate Froot a lot more because a lot of people think it’s a bad album, i don’t think this but i definitely don’t think Froot has major replay value and now i listen to it and i can hear what’s missing in L+F and see that there is a lack of marina in it. Comparing her two most recent works, Froot has marinas lyrical identity even its simple lyrics while L+F does not. and comparing TFJ and Froot, Froot is not as lyrically complex and rich as TFJ but it’s still marina and i think L+F is lyrically similar to Froot but there’s no marina in it, which is so weird to me and it does make me wonder how the writing process happened and how much marina actually immersed herself into this album. and it brought me back to that one post that said that basically any female artist could’ve sung songs from L+F and that’s literally so accurate. and EH has her most commercial songs but no one else could sing them and the songs on L+F aren’t as commercial but i can see anybody singing them UGHHHHHHHHHHH.

Sorry for this but i just had to write and share my thoughts somewhere.

no one ever questioned if it there was a lack of Marina in those albums

oh my god this has to be a joke... literally people called her a sellout, threatened her, and unstanned because electra didn't sound like TFJ. you guys are doing the EXACT SAME THING, but with L+F. Some even did it with FROOT not sounding like Electra. the amount of hypocrisy is this whole L+F hate train is ungodly.

can yall grip that this is marina?? this is what she is releasing?? if you dont like it, give an ACTUAL REASON and not the BS that is "it dun sounde liek olde marini..." because yall say that EVERY. ALBUM.

xMcVPI7.jpg

oh my god this has to be a joke... literally people called her a sellout, threatened her, and unstanned because electra didn't sound like TFJ. you guys are doing the EXACT SAME THING, but with L+F. Some even did it with FROOT not sounding like Electra. the amount of hypocrisy is this whole L+F hate train is ungodly.

can yall grip that this is marina?? this is what she is releasing?? if you dont like it, give an ACTUAL REASON and not the BS that is "it dun sounde liek olde marini..." because yall say that EVERY. ALBUM.

Ok i shouldn’t say no one. but to a Diamond™️, you could tell marina is heavily present lyrically in EH and most of the sellout comments are referring to the sound of EH and not the lyrics, same for Froot. so ..... I SAID WHAT I SAID

imagine not wanting to let your fave grow as an artist... pathetic :toofunny:

y’all motherf*ckers! I don’t care if doesn’t sound like “old marina”, i care about if it even sounds like marina at all. and L+F plain don’t sound like marina in a lot of areas. and “imagine not wanting to let your fave grow as an artist” ... STFUUUUUUU. I supported her in the changes from TFJ to EH and EH to Froot ... so that comment don’t make no sense my man. and i’m all for growth but she has lost her lyrical identity in that growth and that’s what’s im talking about

I mean ppl are fine with their fave "growing as an artist" but a lot of the wit and cynicism that made marina's introspective lyricism interesting is lacking in L+F, her music on it's own isnt that interesting and her satirical lyrics made up for that imo