Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

do u have ears? in what world is this the same progression as emotional machine? lol

yes, i do. i also know music theory - it's practically the same progression. in the sense that, if you played just the chords and not arpeggiate it like she does then it's just about the same progression.

it does tho?

the melody itself is way catchier than in the song. like idk who on hell could take that snippet/demo and say "nah this is bad" and replace it with the final...

and that's why everybody has different opinions. it doesn't sound bad, i just prefer the verses we have now. Emotional Machine is flawless tbh.

this album.. is growing on me...!!!

while her lyrical content has declined greatly, i still am bopping to this new sound.

(baby is still a major skip tho. it was cute for a month. now i’m over it.)

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

got the vinyl today! the vinyls themselves and the covers are very pretty actually. 

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Won't be surprised if this album gets a non good critical acclaim

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

love + fear tour stage

via @mowglisfrog on twitter

S0aCgXE.jpg  

almost looks as if its gonna be projected onto which may be what she meant by the stage changes during the show

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

"Marina’s devoted following, and her many LGBTQ listeners in particular, rely on her for complex, indrawn alternatives to hollow empowerment anthems. But the qualities that so endeared her to fans—her vulnerability, her appetite for risk, her unflinching handling of misogyny and mental illness—are absent here."

which is literally what I've been saying all along

The chorus of “Emotional Machine” consists of facile rhyming: “I’m a machine/An emotional bein’/Since I was a teen/Cut my feelings off clean.” When Marina covered similar territory on 2010’s “I Am Not a Robot,” she wrote: “Better to be hated/Than loved, loved, loved for what you’re not/You’re vulnerable, so vulnerable/You are not a robot.” This is a staggering slide, from affecting poetry to cold calculation.

OMG ThEsE hAtErS aT pItChFoRk ArE cOmPaRiNg HeR pAsT wOrKs 

Though Marina has called “To Be Human” the album’s “most political song,” she resists making any definitive statements. When she sings, “There were riots in America/Just when things were getting better,” she doesn’t deign to place the lyric in context. Which riots? What was getting better, and for whom?

like i been saying this and yall called me an essay-making hater who had better enjoy the album because she almost quit music 

every artist has ugly merch nowadays ugh

charli merch imo is lovely, even her tie die shirt which are horrible are better than this. allie x has awesome merch too