Surf Noir

Unpopular Music Opinions

Just now, The Siren said:

those metalheads are likely straight white men :lmaoney:

its mostly metalcore and sometimes death metal listeners, they aren't only elitist in their beliefs compared to other genres, but even subgenres of Metal.

Just now, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

But he is, Like it literally says it in the post you quoted?

:um2:

QT9r.gif

5 minutes ago, Semafori said:

its mostly metalcore and sometimes death metal listeners, they aren't only elitist in their beliefs compared to other genres, but even subgenres of Metal.

Right like I met a dude who did goregrind and he was talking abt how reggaeton is stupid like :awk: 

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

1 hour ago, niandra lades said:

I really despise the hatred that metalheads feel for urban music, at least here in South America. Like, your genre has subgenres that are way more obscene that a song that talks about getting drunk and partying. They hate it because it's catchy, and there's a lot of classism involved in this issue. 

number one reason why I stopped engaging with the metal scene and considering myself a metalhead of some sort in public

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Just now, Semafori said:

reggaeton IS stupid... but thats why i like it

I personally feel like reggaeton is more connected to metal than people believe.

Another thought! John Frusciante should've never come back to the RHCP... Not talking about when he came back in 1999 but like now. The last album was so underwhelming and I remember him saying he felt he had nothing left to give guitar wise. I think he was right. 

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

2 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

number one reason why I stopped engaging with the metal scene and considering myself a metalhead of some sort in public

once i was mocked by a nu metal fan of all for being a rammstein fan

GAXB.gif

1 minute ago, Semafori said:

once i was mocked by a nu metal fan of all for being a rammstein fan

now that's a joke lol

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

5 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

makes me wonder what the elitist metal fans would think of hawaiian glam metaltiara

they're not worth of listening to such a masterpiece :lush: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

3 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

they're not worth of listening to such a masterpiece :lush: 

their minds probably could not handle it glasses

2 minutes ago, Semafori said:

is that a lana reference?

lol yeah

during the lizzy grant days she would call her music "hawaiian glam metal" because, well, she was glam, she liked hawaiian music, and she liked boys who liked metal lizzygrant4ever | Lana del rey, Elizabeth grant, Lana del ray

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Music doesn’t have to be authentic, especially pop music. People are obsessed with the idea of the artist also being the writer and all that, but to me a song with like 16 writers isn’t less worthy artistically than a song with 1 writer. A movie can have a shit ton of people involved but at the end of the day the actors still gets praised, I don’t get why with music artists get bashed when their music’s very collaborative lol. Renaissance by Beyoncé comes to mind, what does it matter that it has all these people involved, it doesn’t make the album any less good and it doesn’t make Beyoncé any less of an artist tbh. 

qfrWuBl.png

1 hour ago, TrashMagiq said:

Music doesn’t have to be authentic, especially pop music. People are obsessed with the idea of the artist also being the writer and all that, but to me a song with like 16 writers isn’t less worthy artistically than a song with 1 writer. A movie can have a shit ton of people involved but at the end of the day the actors still gets praised, I don’t get why with music artists get bashed when their music’s very collaborative lol. Renaissance by Beyoncé comes to mind, what does it matter that it has all these people involved, it doesn’t make the album any less good and it doesn’t make Beyoncé any less of an artist tbh. 

anyone talking shit about Renaissance having so many writers is unfortunately probably super uneducated....let's start there! i agree with you though. :party:

felicity-arrow.gif

:crossed: Collabs are usually bad and mostly it's just business, though artists act like they're working together because they're ~*best friends*~ ... Oh please. Especially when one is more popular than the other one, we all know what's up.

Artists are always better on their own, I have never ever listened to a collab thinking "thank god they sang this together". It's never fully one artist or the other, especially when both wrote their own part of the song. Hence, collabs are never "proper songs" to me?! I can't explain it but I just cannot take collabs as seriously as the songs an artist worked on alone. They're fun projects at most, but have never had a deep meaning to/impact on me. Collabs on albums always feel like a disruption of the flow to me.

Relating to this, rap parts in pop songs are annyoing most of the time. 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible