Surf Noir

Unpopular Music Opinions

3 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

“I actually don’t like Beyoncé, don’t kill me!” no one gives a fuck anymore!! her peak beyhive era was like in the mid-2010s. You’re not special for disliking famous artists and people outside of twitter for sure don’t care either. Still seeing comments like this on Reddit like bffr 

r/music :crey:

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

obviously people are allowed to dislike her music, but when will people realize that it's not as subversive, edgy, & different as they think it is? 

Yeah I’m like…most of the GP doesn't even know her discography after 4 or the Beyoncé album 

sgopYhV.gif

On 10/17/2022 at 7:23 AM, blameitonme said:

gaga peaked with the fame monster, nothing she's done since has come close

WOAH. what about Born This Way and ARTPOP?

3 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

r/music :crey:

that sub is filled with the most pretentious douchebags I have ever had the misfortune of coming across on the internet.

here's my musical unpopular opinion:

Kanye West - despite the fact his mental illness, in combination with brain worms, is causing him to act like a dickhead - actually makes very good music.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, baddisease said:

WOAH. what about Born This Way and ARTPOP?

that sub is filled with the most pretentious douchebags I have ever had the misfortune of coming across on the internet.

here's my musical unpopular opinion:

Kanye West - despite the fact his mental illness, in combination with brain worms, is causing him to act like a dickhead - actually makes very good music.

kanye makes very good music, although not very good songs. He is  the best producer, but not a great rapper

- I Want You (She’s so heavy) it’s the best Beatles song ever and it’s so underrated.

- Last Bad Bunny album (Un verano sin ti) is not that good and it’s very overrated, love him tho

- Bleach is best Nirvana album 

- Lana is one of the best songwriters of our generation

- BTS music is just horrible and cringe.

- I’m a Slave 4 U >>>>>>>

- R.E.M is best Ariana song, I don’t think she will ever top that 

14 minutes ago, trailerparkheroin said:

- I Want You (She’s so heavy) it’s the best Beatles song ever and it’s so underrated.

literally the only beatles song I actually like 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 hour ago, trailerparkheroin said:

- BTS music is just horrible and cringe.

this is the unpopular music opinions thread beyoncelaugh.gif

passive aggression aside, k-pop (and other east asian pop) is actually really good and it doesn't need BTS of all groups to make it noticed in the west... like quite literally one of the worst groups you could pick to do it :hillary:

moving along with other opinions i've seen:
- george is the best beatle in terms of music, although i have a soft spot for paul's too
- sweetener is ariana's best album (and one of her 2 good albums, dangerous woman is the other good one)
- in utero is the best nirvana album (i'm not sure if this is unpopular)
- xtina & britney aren't even that comparable of artists past their debut albums and i don't understand why people compare them
- i don't understand why people compare women artists in the first place (especially the ethel cain & lana comparisons... like there is absolutely NO similarity there)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 hours ago, the ocean said:

- xtina & britney aren't even that comparable of artists past their debut albums and i don't understand why people compare them

Well I do think I'm a Slave 4 U and Dirty are comparable but yeah other than that not much is similar after their debut

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

dangerous woman is my personal favorite ariana grande album, although i would agree that it probably isn't objectively her best

it's so nostalgic for me, i was a pretty big fan when i was a young teenager (ages 13-15) dangerous woman brings back so many memories of that time, it has some really solid tracks, but looking back, it does give off playlist/mixtape vibes, it also sounds very 2016, idk, i just prefer it over all of the others, despite it's flaws, it feels the most solid to me

WGe8ynS.gif

41 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

dangerous woman is my personal favorite ariana grande album, although i would agree that it probably isn't objectively her best

it's so nostalgic for me, i was a pretty big fan when i was a young teenager (ages 13-15) dangerous woman brings back so many memories of that time, it has some really solid tracks, but looking back, it does give off playlist/mixtape vibes, it also sounds very 2016, idk, i just prefer it over all of the others, despite it's flaws, it feels the most solid to me

wow same with you 100% but for my ages 19-20 :true::xcry:

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

i actually made this thread already :)

I merged them together!

Just a reminder to everyone to always check and see if a thread has already been created before making one! :) 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

7 hours ago, longtimeman said:

Interesting! (And definitely unpopular).

Can I ask what made the list?

I'm still trying to narrow it down, but in no particular order...

Achtung Baby - U2

Ten - Pearl Jam

Blood Sugar Sex Magik - RHCP

Voodoo Highway - Badlands

Girlfriend - Matthew Sweet

Psychotic Supper - Tesla

No More Tears - Ozzy Osbourne

Cerulean - The Ocean Blue

Chagall Guevara - Chagall Guevara

Pocket Full of Kryptonite - Spin Doctors

Union - Yes

1991 was just an amazing year for albums that are good start to finish.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png