Surf Noir

Unpopular Music Opinions

just like the other unpopular opinion threads on lanaboards, this is the thread where you share unpopular opinions on all things music, discuss songs, albums, musicians, music genres, etc. as long as it’s about music and obviously not lana because we already have a thread for that! :smile:

i’ll start

gimme more > toxic

my favorite nirvana album is actually mtv unplugged :oic3: 

and… i don’t think stars are blind by paris hilton is really that good :awkney: i don’t get why people think it’s some sort of pop masterpiece it’s really cheap sounding

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

ty for this beautiful thread:kiss3:

Buy the Stars is Marina's best song:oprah3:

Wheels on the Bus by Melanie Martinez is NOT a bad song:oprah3:

Dead to Me by Melanie Martinez is the WEAKEST song from Cry Baby Sessions:oprah3:

Pure Heroine >>> Melodrama:oprah3:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

5 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

gimme more > toxic

This spill, Toxic is so overrated when Gimmie More is literally sitting right there..... Danja, Keri, and Britney changed the entire pop music landscape in just 4 minutes. Truly, honest to God, an icon:slayty: 

more britney spears opinions because i’m currently obsessed with her music:

i can’t understand for the life of me why people don’t like everybody? to me it’s not any different from songs like get naked, perfect lover, and get back

i also do quite like brave new girl but i can understand why some people would’ve preferred and then we kiss or another scrapped track

circus is most certainly not one of her best albums

i feel like alien would’ve been so much better if the vocals weren’t concept demo quality, and of course if she sang every line… but for obvious reasons i don’t blame her at all for that

outrageous WISHES she could be as good as the hook-up

also, i do not like radar at all

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Modern American EDM is so ugly, which is sad considering the history of EDM and its queer origins in America :defeated:

I don’t even listen to KPOP but people hating on it for no reason is so weird to me and sometimes seems a bit racially motivated. Same thing with people hating on popular artists like Billie Eilish, Olivia Rodrigo, Beyoncé, Taylor, etc. let people enjoy things.. if you don’t like it, don’t listen to it 

George Harrison was clearly the best Beatle and All Things Must Pass is better than the vast majority of their discography 

Cool is Gwen Stefani’s best song (idk if this is underrated but wanted to put it out there)

I find Solar Power quite nice actually but the three middle songs (The Man With The Axe -> Big Star) are a bit unneeded. Leader of a New Regime should’ve been the opener too like in her concerts.

CAPRISONGS is GREAT. Idk where or how the hate for that one came about, it’s so fun and cute 

sgopYhV.gif

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

I much prefer Hole over Nirvana, though I love them both. I really think a lot of the hatred towards Courtney Love was driven by misogyny and the world owes her an apology. 

I swear I was about to say the same :gasp:

100.webp?cid=ecf05e47t2zyf0txl4fevwois3d

Just do it, don't wait

I love Gaga as an artist, but she isn't an interesting musician and never has been one. A lot of her music isn't that ground-breaking excluding a handful of songs. 

The Beatles aren't good musicians. And are severely overrated. 

Grace Jones deserves the same critical praise as Kate Bush, and Björk. 

Rebellion by Britney is overhyped. Imo, it's just Mona Lisa with a dated, tacky, 2005 R&B beat instead. 

On the topic on Britney, I wish she released Umbrella instead of Rihanna (Also, Umbrella didn't "make" Rihanna idk where that opinion came from lol) 

Lorde has always been a bland, overrated, boring artist. 

The constant disrespect to Madonna's legacy is tiring, and laced with misogyny.

Artpop, Bionic, and Witness aren't ahead of their time. 

Linsey Lohan should've focused on music more than acting.

Music is not what it was 10 or 20 years ago. There's a lot of good talent, maybe more than ever before, but I mean you can't trust the charts anymore. People listen almost only to rap or hip-hop (especially in my country), and there's hardly any "normal" music left in the charts.

2 minutes ago, Acid said:

I love Gaga as an artist, but she isn't an interesting musician and never has been one. A lot of her music isn't that ground-breaking excluding a handful of songs. 

The Beatles aren't good musicians. And are severely overrated. 

Grace Jones deserves the same critical praise as Kate Bush, and Björk. 

Rebellion by Britney is overhyped. Imo, it's just Mona Lisa with a dated, tacky, 2005 R&B beat instead. 

On the topic on Britney, I wish she released Umbrella instead of Rihanna (Also, Umbrella didn't "make" Rihanna idk where that opinion came from lol) 

Lorde has always been a bland, overrated, boring artist. 

The constant disrespect to Madonna's legacy is tiring, and laced with misogyny.

Artpop, Bionic, and Witness aren't ahead of their time. 

AGREED

go ahead and never speak to me if you gatekeep beatles or radiohead or weezer. you’re not cool. and those bands are the worst.

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif