Surf Noir

Unpopular Music Opinions

Music in general has been on a MASSIVE decline since 2013 and I fully blame social media.

Remember when singers/writers/performers got famous because they actually had immense talent and worked really hard?

Back then, you’d have to be super talented and be in the right place at the right time/know people in the industry. Now, all you have to do is post a video to YouTube or tiktok and you’re an ”artist”.

I think most artists now go into music because they like music and singing - not because it is their sole passion to make music and can’t even fathom doing anything else with their life

These new artists take up space in the industry and then there’s no room for all the real musicians, hence the decline of music and why nobody around now can compete with the stars pre 2013

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

another britney one:

rockstar absolutely should’ve been released, it’s so damn good, it’s a shame her label didn’t let her just because they thought it would’ve caused drama or something weird like that

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

People take music way too seriously sometimes. Like, it's okay to just have fun :gurl: Not every song has to have profound, deeply emotional lyricism and intense, movie score level instrumentals

imageproxy.jpg

2 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I much prefer Hole over Nirvana, though I love them both. I really think a lot of the hatred towards Courtney Love was driven by misogyny and the world owes her an apology. 

:lolno:

https://www.tiktok.com/@rllyrandom2/video/7008656630736817414?is_from_webapp=v1&item_id=7008656630736817414&lang=en

I really despise the hatred that metalheads feel for urban music, at least here in South America. Like, your genre has subgenres that are way more obscene that a song that talks about getting drunk and partying. They hate it because it's catchy, and there's a lot of classism involved in this issue. 

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

MDNA is a PHENOMENAL album, It doesn’t deserve the hate it gets.

Eddie Van Halen Was, Is & Forever will be the Greatest guitar player.

Nine Inch Nails’ influence has been a major part of the pop music blueprint of the last 20 years, Funnily like Black Mirror to a degree.

Nickelback & Maroon 5 are good.

K-POP generally sucks & I don’t believe the genre is breaking all those sales/streaming records.

Most of those comments are bots.

EDIT:

Beyonce is talented, She has some good  songs.

But Lil Kim is Queen B…

IMG-3521.jpg

18 minutes ago, The Siren said:

I didn’t know this video existed. That is obviously terrible and not okay, and is absolutely deserving of criticism. 

That said, the general cultural shunning of Courtney that I was referring to makes no reference to this incident and instead positions her merely as Kurt’s overbearing and instigative wife who drove him to death——that is what warrants an apology to her, in my opinion. 

23 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I didn’t know this video existed. That is obviously terrible and not okay, and is absolutely deserving of criticism. 

That said, the general cultural shunning of Courtney that I was referring to makes no reference to this incident and instead positions her merely as Kurt’s overbearing and instigative wife who drove him to death——that is what warrants an apology to her, in my opinion. 

I feel the same. There's a lot that Courtney has said that I strongly disagree with and I do think there are valid criticisms to be made towards her (I've made them myself) however, a good portion of the people that hate her don't even know about that. It's purely based on a misogynistic way of thinking and their weird obsession with "defending the honor" of a man they never even met or something. The fact that a lot of people act like Kurt basically wrote Live Through This really bothers me too because no he didn't 

imageproxy.jpg

13 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I feel the same. There's a lot that Courtney has said that I strongly disagree with and I do think there are valid criticisms to be made towards her (I've made them myself) however, a good portion of the people that hate her don't even know about that. It's purely based on a misogynistic way of thinking and their weird obsession with "defending the honor" of a man they never even met or something. The fact that a lot of people act like Kurt basically wrote Live Through This really bothers me too because no he didn't 

I’m 1000% with you! All that does is continue to define women by the men in their life and trivialize their accomplishments. I know that so many people who hate on Courtney hate on her without citing reasons, and that points to the general cultural conception of her that is ultimately trademarked by Kurt’s death and her alleged role in it. It’s simply the partaking in a witch-hunt on women (and we’ve seen that with many women linked to powerful men, most recently Amber Heard who obviously is no saint, but is still a victim who was wronged, nonetheless. That is another conversation though lol). 

I don't believe music reviewers should be a thing. It's not like food/restaurants, where there is an objective mastery of the technique (and even then, there are Michelin Star Restaurants that are not to many people's tastes), a high cost of entry for a really spectacular meal, and a more universal appeal/experience. 

If a music reviewer's opinions and thoughts influence whether you will listen to or whether you like a song, that's kinda sad tbh. Music is so accessible and cheap these days, just go make up your own opinion 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

47 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

MDNA is a PHENOMENAL album, It doesn’t deserve the hate it gets.

Eddie Van Halen Was, Is & Forever will be the Greatest guitar player.

Nine Inch Nails’ influence has been a major part of the pop music blueprint of the last 20 years, Funnily like Black Mirror to a degree.

Nickelback & Maroon 5 are good.

K-POP generally sucks & I don’t believe the genre is breaking all those sales/streaming records.

Most of those comments are bots.

EDIT:

Beyonce is talented, She has some good  songs.

But Lil Kim is Queen B…

there is no way eddie van halen is the greatest guitar player, i would put him in a top 5, but never the best

9 minutes ago, Mer said:

I don't believe music reviewers should be a thing. It's not like food/restaurants, where there is an objective mastery of the technique (and even then, there are Michelin Star Restaurants that are not to many people's tastes), a high cost of entry for a really spectacular meal, and a more universal appeal/experience. 

If a music reviewer's opinions and thoughts influence whether you will listen to or whether you like a song, that's kinda sad tbh. Music is so accessible and cheap these days, just go make up your own opinion 

i don't think there's anything wrong with music reviewers (although i understand your point especially regarding people who review music professionally) people should be able to express their own opinions on music, but i would agree that people should be able to form their own opinions, i guess reviewing music is different from reviewing food because it's a lot more subjective

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Country is fire , listen to Dan Seals , Clint Black , Darryl Worley , Wheeler Walker JR ,etc. if you think it isn't
The Beatles have been nothing more than a disaster for Psychedelic Rcok

Alt pop is dead

music has been degraded and will further be degraded into being more and more "fun sized" to accomodate for the ever shrinking attention spawn of the newer generations

and finally anyone and everyone's opinion is a load of bollocks (mine included) because its an opinion 

1 hour ago, niandra lades said:

I really despise the hatred that metalheads feel for urban music, at least here in South America. Like, your genre has subgenres that are way more obscene that a song that talks about getting drunk and partying. They hate it because it's catchy, and there's a lot of classism involved in this issue. 

those metalheads are likely straight white(ish, considering you said SA) men :lmaoney: