Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

idk i mean the end is great, the whole song is, it’s just… not innovative at all. which isn’t inherently a bad thing whatsoever! like i said the song is amazing!! something doesn’t need to be trailblazing to be great (obviously), but the direction lana’s been going in these last few years is simply more interesting and unique than A&W is, which makes the song a great single, but not a standout for me at this point in her career. i guess i’m just a sucker for the weirder more abstract stuff

Reveal hidden contents

also the 2-part switch up also isn’t “really different from any artist before”, it’s been done many many times but again that’s not a bad thing at all it’s just simply

Idk tell me another artist that made a song that sounds like A&W and I’ll agree:headache: The song is so uniquely Lana and like u said it’s obviously not ur taste which is totally ok but again there is a reason it’s getting best new track from pitchfork and endless good reviews

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, honeymoon is alive said:

yeah but these blasphemous lyrics happened before she started going to the church :awkney:

How’s Find your way back to my bed again/Sing me like a Bible Hymn for you?

1 minute ago, American Bottom said:

Good point. It's funny you mention those lines bc as a fellow Christian I will sing my heart out for the entire song, then shut right tf up during those lines LMAO. :omfg2: still love her tho!

i relate to this so much :bebe: excited to hear what the judah interlude will sound like so maybe we can understand lana's faith a little bit more 

Sorry to be that person but just a reminder that this is a discussion forum and everyone has their own opinions. I don’t always agree with what others say but I just try to be respectful about it.

:kiss3: :wink:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

9 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

in the same song she says You should stay real close to Jesus and  If you don't pray you'll never learn, you know what I'm saying? 

and honestly the Bible hymn line doesn't sound blasphemous to me in my interpretation 

1 minute ago, LanaBalkana said:

I actually interpreted that one on the same spectrum of the phrase "separation of church and state". Where some people use it so comment on the practice of not mixing work/professional life with love/personal life. Your home is your church. Your safe haven. A place of peace. So she's inviting him to share that space with her.....maybe I'm pulling this out of my ass LFMAO but thats the great thing about her music. You can so easily write 10 page essays on each individual song. So excited to dissect this new album

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

1 minute ago, American Bottom said:

I actually interpreted that one on the same spectrum of the phrase "separation of church and state". Where some people use it so comment on the practice of not mixing work/professional life with love/personal life. Your home is your church. Your safe haven. A place of peace. So she's inviting him to share that space with her.....maybe I'm pulling this out of my ass LFMAO but thats the great thing about her music. You can so easily write 10 page essays on each individual song. So excited to dissect this new album

right, for me this line is more like she's just asking the person to sing her like someone would sing a Bible Hymn, with love, devotion idk, good feelings in general 

“A&W” is unlike anything she’s ever made. It’s a psychedelic, collagist freakout that rides from exasperation—“I’m a princess, I’m divisive/Ask me why I’m like this/Maybe I just kinda like this”—all the way through to the delirious liberation of accepting your status as a lifelong outcast. By its end, she’s taunting the object of her affection with a wry, wily grin: “Your mom called, I told her you’re fucking up big time/But I don’t care, baby, I already lost my mind.” Lana has always operated with a kind of creative abandon seemingly at odds with conventional wisdom, but “A&W” might be the ultimate expression of that wildness, a chimeric, haunted folk-trap ballad welded together with nothing but the heat of her own star power.

Lana Del Rey - "A&W". Best New Track by Pitchfork.

1 minute ago, honeymoon is alive said:

in the same song she says You should stay real close to Jesus/If you don't pray you'll never learn, you know what I'm saying? 

and honestly the Bible hymn line doesn't sound blasphemous to me in my interpretation 

Ok but tbh the song is literally called “tulsa Jesus freak” and it’s like a diss track towards him:heidi: i think she’s mocking him and being sarcastic:bebe:

Just now, taco truck said:

Ok but tbh the song is literally called “tulsa Jesus freak” and it’s like a diss track towards him:heidi: i think she’s mocking him and being sarcastic:bebe:

well that would make sense too but for my own sake i choose to believe she isn't just playing around, she's going to church after all :eartha2:

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:

The gag is, the song was never a diss track. The only "diss" about it was the name change from "White Hot Forever" to TJF. The song, at its core, is sweet and vulnerable. Its equivalent to if she renamed How To Disappear to "Fuck You, Joe". I wonder if there are similar motivations for the name changes the new tracks have gone through. If there are, I'm willing to bet money "Psycho Lifegaurd" is one of em 

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Here’s my possible theory about Lana’s current relationship with religion. 

Lana believes that God and the universe are one in the same. There’s a higher power there for her and everyone else. She goes to church, but she is also an astrological girl. It’s all part of connecting to a higher being. In her writing, anything that can be interpreted as a diss (for argument’s sake), might be a nudge towards corruption within the church or their strict standards (I’m not trying to criticize or judge anyone’s religion, but the reality is not all churches are just). 

Again, it’s just a theory that I’m not sure I believe, but I’ve thought about it before. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

4 minutes ago, American Bottom said:

The gag is, the song was never a diss track. The only "diss" about it was the name change from "White Hot Forever" to TJF. The song, at its core, is sweet and vulnerable. Its equivalent to if she renamed How To Disappear to "Fuck You, Joe". I wonder if there are similar motivations for the name changes the new tracks have gone through. If there are, I'm willing to bet money "Psycho Lifegaurd" is one of em 

Idk to me the song always seemed like a “I love u but I hate u” kind of vibe :icant:

1 minute ago, mssainttropez said:

Here’s my possible theory about Lana’s current relationship with religion. 

Lana believes that God and the universe are one in the same. There’s a higher power there for her and everyone else. She goes to church, but she also is an astrological girl. It’s all part of connecting to a higher being. In her writing, anything that can be interpreted as a diss (for argument’s sake), might be a nudge towards corruption within the church or their strict standards (I’m not trying to criticize or judge anyone’s religion, but the reality is not all churches are just). 

Again, it’s just a theory that I’m not sure I believe, but I’ve thought about it before. 

964.jpg

Wait.... I think you might be on to sumn :hdu:

I haven’t done a proper analysis of TJF but reading the lyrics again now, I get the impression that she wanted to see the same devotion from Sean that he gave God/Jesus/Christianity. The line that I quoted earlier to me sounds like a plea from someone not really romantically satisfied and not feeling like a priority in this relationship. Find your back to my bed again/sing my like a Bible Hymn is basically her saying “please devote the same attention to me as you do to your religion”. She’s basically telling him that his religion shouldn’t come in the way and that he can still be “close to Jesus” and still show her a good time and not be sinful - hence the line we’ll be white hot forever amen

if I had to make a guess about their relationship (I really don’t like looking through people’s bedsheets tbf), he was a proper conservative Christian and them not being married and stuff came in the way of their romantic life. This is what I get from the song and I could be totally wrong. I guess people hear what they want to hear. 
and of course I mean no offence to you @American Bottom and @honeymoon is alive, please don’t take this the wrong way at all :kiss2:

we went a bit offtopic, mods please don’t strike us. I’m manifesting some news next week :party:

ya I think Lana is agnostic and believes in a “higher power” not god necessarily or the Bible, I’m not sure why she goes to church but maybe her family just like going, churchome or hill song whatever it’s called seems more like an LA life-coach session than an actually church anyway:eek2:

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

ya I think Lana is agnostic and believes in a “higher power” not god necessarily or the Bible, I’m not sure why she goes to church but maybe her family just like going, churchome or hill song whatever it’s called seems more like an LA life-coach session than an actually church anyway:eek2:

I am not religious in the slightest and I would occasionally go to church myself. It’s interesting to explore religion sociologically + it’s quite pleasant if you come across a good priest and the building is historical and has a good choir. 

I hope she'll reveal more about her philosophical and religious thoughts in the new album

from the leaked lyrics i can see that she talked about Death in kintsugi I don't know about the other songs but as the album seems personnal it's important to me to see her metaphysical ideas and her Life after death vision!!

21 minutes ago, brooklyn Babyy said:

I hope she'll reveal more about her philosophical and religious thoughts in the new album

from the leaked lyrics i can see that she talked about Death in kintsugi I don't know about the other songs but as the album seems personnal it's important to me to see her metaphysical ideas and her Life after death vision!!

Perfectly said, this is also another reason why I'm so excited for Kintsugi!! I think the middle section of the album (8-12) will be really philosophical and also explore Jungian psychoanalysis via a stream of consciousness style that she talked about in the W magazine interview. I've always wanted her to blend her background in philosophy/psychology in her music.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

21 hours ago, Fingertips said:

Perfectly said, this is also another reason why I'm so excited for Kintsugi!! I think the middle section of the album (8-12) will be really philosophical and also explore Jungian psychoanalysis via a stream of consciousness style that she talked about in the W magazine interview.

WELL, I love Lana the lover, lana the sister and the daughter, crazy lana, even the american whore lana  

But I think throughout these years the philosophical laana has been my thing so if what you said is the case i don't know how i'll handle it <3