Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

6 minutes ago, love deluxe said:

inb4 candy necklace is actually just the bbc1 live lounge cover of break up with your girlfriend, im bored.

worst pranks ever

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

I don't want to be delusional but I hope this album gets a grammy or even nominated for one. It's some of her best song writing (IMO) and I think it deserves to have some form of recognition for it.

banner.png

4 minutes ago, terrorcherry said:
  Hide contents

does anyone have the lyrics to grandfather? i know it’s been posted a million times but i guess i forgot to save it 

Spoiler

Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep sea fishing

Three white butterflies to know you're near

I know they think that it took somebody else to make me beautiful, beautiful

As they intended me to be 

But they're wrong 

I know they think that it took thousands of people to put me together again

Like an experiment

Some big man behind the scenes sewing frankenstein black dreams into my songs (?)

But they're wrong 

God if you're near me send me three white butterflies or an owl to know you're listening

Sitting while I’m drinking 

Grandfather please stand over the shoulders of my father while he's deep sea fishing for sharks in the Pacific 

Cause I’m good in spirit, warm-bodied

??? wrapped up in ???

I’m folk I’m jazz I’m blue I’m green

regrettably also a white woman 

But I have good intentions even if I’m one of the last ones

If you don't believe me look at my poetry and my melodies

feel it in your bones 

I have good intentions even if I’m one of the last ones 

Grandfather please stand over the shoulders of my father while he's deep sea fishing for all the things he's wishing 

God if you're near me send me three white butterflies or a map to know you're fishing 

Impart on me your wisdom 

It took somebody else to make me beautiful 

Wonderful

But they were wrong 

3 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Reveal hidden contents

Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep sea fishing

But they're wrong 

Like an experiment

Some big man behind the scenes sewing frankenstein black dreams into my songs (?)

But they're wrong 

God if you're near me send me three white butterflies or an owl to know you're listening

Grandfather please stand over the shoulders of my father while he's deep sea fishing for sharks in the Pacific 

???

feel it in your bones 

Grandfather please stand over the shoulders of my father while he's deep sea fishing for all the things he's wishing 

God if you're near me send me three white butterflies or a map to know you're fishing 

Impart on me your wisdom 

Wonderful

But they were wrong 

candy necklace now:eyeroll3:

Album trailer 23.03

"Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd" - The 1 hour & 20 minute short film 24.03

LANITA MAKE IT HAPPEN

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

34 minutes ago, Maltese Falcon said:

I don't want to be delusional but I hope this album gets a grammy or even nominated for one. It's some of her best song writing (IMO) and I think it deserves to have some form of recognition for it.

Um, they gave Billie Eillish 200 award sand zero to Norman. The awards proved that year that it's one big popularity contest. Why would you care?

Also, the album seems more low-key than Born to Die or Lust for Life, and I don't imagine it will spawn any Billboard 100 singles. There's no Doin' Time or Love type of songs on it that we know of. 

It's just not a Grammy-friendly product at all. Unless the put it in Alternative (which they should anyway), in which case she has a good shot at winning. 

1 hour ago, WhitehotOcean said:
  Hide contents

taco truck is coming for best closer i fear, for me the grants is already the best opener 

Spoiler

For me, it's already her best closing track ever - after a 30 second snippet. it helps that VB is my fav track of all time. :D

3 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Why would you care?

Because I feel like she ought to be recognized for her talents among her peers and therefor I believe she should get rewarded for this album in some capacity.

4 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Also, the album seems more low-key than Born to Die or Lust for Life, and I don't imagine it will spawn any Billboard 100 singles. There's no Doin' Time or Love type of songs on it that we know of. 

So what if the album is more "low-key" or doesn't have any "Billboard 100" singles.. It's a good album, it's some of her best work, she ought to be recognized for said work.

banner.png

26 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Hide contents

But they're wrong 

Like an experiment

But they're wrong 

??? wrapped up in ???

feel it in your bones 

Impart on me your wisdom 

Wonderful

But they were wrong 

Spoiler

I'm so in love with this song, you guys. It's Norman-level quality and could have easily fit between Mariner's, VB and FIILY. Fucking love Jack's production. 

I can't wait to have it on my phone in good quality and literally overplay it till the point of knowing every little sound in it like I do with VB lmao.

4 minutes ago, Maltese Falcon said:

Because I feel like she ought to be recognized for her talents among her peers and therefor I believe she should get rewarded for this album in some capacity.

So what if the album is more "low-key" or doesn't have any "Billboard 100" singles.. It's a good album, it's some of her best work, she ought to be recognized for said work.

I understand why you and some feel like she needs this validation. I'm sure herself would love it too.

But for me, she's already called "The Greatest American songwriter" by the likes of Bruce Springsteen, The Rolling Stone and even Taylor Swift among other peers, which is a lot more impressive than a fucking Grammy. She's proven herself with nearly 10 albums and over 100 songs, 15 of which have over 100,000 million views on YouTube and many have charted on the Billboard 100. What's more, she's among the top 10 most listened to women on Spotify from all the artists in the world. In my view, a Grammy would be like getting a passport after she's already "seen the world". 

7 hours ago, colaandvideogames said:

I have a VERY serious question regarding Candy Necklace and something BOZ said :crossed: 

i have been thinking about it since he said it and contained my confusion/frustration long enough. Because we deserve an answer. Saw it get brought up again today and decided to speak my peace. So here: 

BOZ says there’s some crazy stuff about that song and in the year 2025 he will spill. 

2025. :crossed::crossed::crossed::crossed:

My question is: Why can’t he just tell us after this album is out? Or hell, tell us in 2024?

I’m dead serious, it really confuses me. Is he seriously going to get in trouble telling us about a song that is already legally released? 

I don’t have an ATRL acct, but I know people on here do. Take one for the LanaBoards family and freaking ask him. Please. Honestly it’s very confusing to me and unless he can clarify the reason he MUST wait 2 WHOLE YEARS…. 

does this concern anyone else? What is the big freaking deal? I saw someone say maybe it’s cause Taylor Swift was on the song! Okay and??????

Why would I need to wait until 2025 to know about a feature? Is he gonna tell us Candy Necklace was part of a different album? A top 40 hit instrumental originally? A Lana/Patty duet?  I genuinely cannot wrap my head around the whole fuss- why he would wait that goddamn long to just tell us. He’s going to forget his password… again :facepalm:

I’m stoked for this whole album and don’t foresee any reason we can’t know the background or origins of the songs once it’s released! Anyways, thanks for reading my rant! Love ya :kiss:

#CandyNecklaceOriginStory #FreeCandyNecklace

(let’s make this movement bigger than the Sky Ferrari or whatever one) 

(not that it would take much work tbh) 

This post is giving delulu king

who keeps a track of a leaked things? did something leaked besides

The Grants

Fingertips

Sweet

Grandfather tagged

Peppers tagged

Jon Batiste Interlude tagged

Judah Smith interlude tagged

paris texas snippet

fishtails 3 snippets

taco truck 2 snippet

margaret snippet

?

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

14 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

:gasp:

Lol. Wouldn't it be funny if she drops 

Spoiler

Peppers as a single and then that track makes it? It'd be her first outright hip-hop track to do so. I can imagine it charting. 

On 1/18/2023 at 9:31 AM, Kintsugi said:
  Hide contents

We've only got hours

And I just can't stop crying

Cause all of the ways

When you see someone dying

The sea of your daze flashing in front of you

And you think about who will be with you

Daddy, I miss them

I'm in the mountains

I'm probably running away from the feelings I hid

When I think of the things about them