Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Stop asking independent record stores if they are shipping your vinyl soon, it makes them suspicious and they end up learning about the delay just after  :oprah3:

1 hour ago, marryingkind said:

Her voice in this album unbearable. It really sounds like she smokes 4 packs of cigarrettes/day.

but, now talking about lana: 

i’d die for her to release a bop as a single. Idk why, as much as I know that lana doesn’t care about the charts, I think that it would be funny for her to have like a smash hit

Spoiler

I've been waiting, wondering if someone else noticed this and would comment. This is the sort of thing many Lana Stans will defend to their last breath, but I agree. I can only think that she's gasping and straining on purpose, and singing in the thinnest voice possible sometimes. What this means and why she's doing it, I don't know. Could it be that she thinks it's 'more artistic,' or 'more genuine,' or even something her critics will approve of, since they 'hate me'/her anyways? If the former, it reminds me of some 'artists' I've known here in NYC that think not bathing, ever, or brushing one's teeth or hair, or using deodorant, makes them more 'authentic' as artists and human beings.  

We do know there are some deeper vocals in the music we've heard, so maybe there will be considerably more. For me, her voice is half of her total appeal, the other half being her wonderful songwriting. 

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:
  Hide contents

I've been waiting, wondering if someone else noticed this and would comment. This is the sort of thing many Lana Stans will defend to their last breath, but I agree. I can only think that she's gasping and straining on purpose, and singing in the thinnest voice possible sometimes. What this means and why she's doing it, I don't know. Could it be that she thinks it's 'more artistic,' or 'more genuine,' or even something her critics will approve of, since they 'hate me'/her anyways? If the former, it reminds me of some 'artists' I've known here in NYC that think not bathing, ever, or brushing one's teeth or hair, or using deodorant, makes them more 'authentic' as artists and human beings.  

We do know there are some deeper vocals in the music we've heard, so maybe there will be considerably more. For me, her voice is half of her total appeal for me, the other half being her songwriting. 

I mean, I’m not like “Lana HAVE TO DO A SMASH HIT”. I think it would be funny bc that would be kinda unexpected, you know?

at some point, I do get her. Sometimes I think that Lana is both a pop singer dressed as a alternative singer and a alternative singer dressed as a pop singer (she's a princess, she's divisive) 

Being in the spotlight is harsh, and the critics bashes her until she's flesh wound.

But I do think that making a banger is the most controversial thing she could do. It would be interesting to see

14 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

I thought he also recorded the first redneck version of bb with clay but idk

Blue Banisters (both versions), Arcadia and, honestly, White Dress MVs are all best to be forgotten. We need a big production like Ride, Don't Call Me Angel (sorry, the song is shyte but the MV was fav), Shades of Cool or Born to Die, and we need it now.

10 minutes ago, Vertimus said:
  Hide contents

We do know there are some deeper vocals in the music we've heard, so maybe there will be considerably more. For me, her voice is half of her total appeal, the other half being her wonderful songwriting. 

they are talking about Miley not Lana :deadbanana:

11 minutes ago, Vertimus said:
  Hide contents

girl they were talking about miley 😭😭😭

2 minutes ago, marryingkind said:

I mean, I’m not like “Lana HAVE TO DO A SMASH HIT”. I think it would be funny bc that would be kinda unexpected, you know?

at some point, I do get her. Sometimes I think that Lana is both a pop singer dressed as a alternative singer and a alternative singer dressed as a pop singer (she's a princess, she's divisive) 

Being in the spotlight is harsh, and the critics bashes her until she's flesh wound.

But I do think that making a banger is the most controversial thing she could do. It would be interesting to see

She has been good at them in the past, and in a variety of styles, from 'Live Or Die' to 'Velvet Crowbar' and 'Blue Jeans' and 'Serene Queen' and onward. Do you consider 'Doin' Time' an example of what you're referring to? 

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

they are talking about Miley not Lana :deadbanana:

Thank you for correcting me, that makes a difference! Of course, I stand by my observations of some of the OB vocals. 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

She has been good at them in the past, and in a variety of styles, from 'Live Or Die' to 'Velvet Crowbar' and 'Blue Jeans' and 'Serene Queen' and onward. Do you consider 'Doin' Time' an example of what you're referring to? 

Not really! But I think that Live or Die would be a great example. 

Spoiler

And Peppers maybe. But it’s hard to listen with this AI voice all over it

1 minute ago, marryingkind said:

Not really! But I think that Live or Die would be a great example. 

Hide contents

And Peppers maybe. But it’s hard to listen with this AI voice all over it

Yeah, I haven't been able to get through to 'Peppers.' 'Live Or Die' is one of my all-time favorite of Lana's songs, she steps into the shoes of a psychopath so believably, and the cheerleader -like 'Yeahs!' in the background are a touch of brilliance. 

i haven't heard anything but the 2 singles but this is my most-anticipated list based on what lana's told us so far and what i've been hearing around here:

1. fingertips

2. grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep sea fishing

3. let the light in

4. taco truck x vb

5. sweet

6. kintsugi

7. paris, texas

8. fishtail

9. the grants

10. candy necklace

11. margaret

12. peppers

13. judah smith interlude

14. jon batiste interlude

(i'm only anticipating the judah smith interlude more than the jon batiste interlude bc i'm curious about what it is that he's saying that lana felt it necessary to include on the album)

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

2 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

i haven't heard anything but the 2 singles but this is my most-anticipated list based on what lana's told us so far and what i've been hearing around here:

1. fingertips

2. grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep sea fishing

3. let the light in

4. taco truck x vb

5. sweet

6. kintsugi

7. paris, texas

8. fishtail

9. the grants

10. candy necklace

11. margaret

12. peppers

13. judah smith interlude

14. jon batiste interlude

(i'm only anticipating the judah smith interlude more than the jon batiste interlude bc i'm curious about what it is that he's saying that lana felt it necessary to include on the album)

Fingertips came to live in everyone’s number 1 spot :mariah:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

32 minutes ago, Vertimus said:
  Hide contents

not this being the first thing I read this morning :oprah2:

faSE.gif

29 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Blue Banisters (both versions), Arcadia and, honestly, White Dress MVs are all best to be forgotten. We need a big production like Ride, Don't Call Me Angel (sorry, the song is shyte but the MV was fav), Shades of Cool or Born to Die, and we need it now.

I still have trauma after watching lmlylaw video. It belongs to the deep web

5 minutes ago, Three White Butterflies said:

not this being the first thing I read this morning :oprah2:

They’re not wrong- people were too keen to put myself and others to the Guillotine when we stated she’s outright mumbling in A&W but then others backed this up by telling us their relatives were singing completely different lyrics :flop: