Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

25 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I don't think a 'Best Of' or 'Greatest Hits' album will show the world (or reflect) the real Lana by any means. I'd prefer a 'Best of' between the two because then at least someone--preferably Lana herself--who knows the scope and depth of her music can make educated choices.

I wouldn't think much of a Greatest Hits album that contains Video Games, Off To the Races, the Cedric Gervais Summertime Sadness remix, Young & Beautiful, Ride, and then a smattering of tracks released as singles like Love, Lust For Life, Venice BitchA&W, the OB title track and one of her poems.  

I'd prefer Lana wait and release a career retrospective that is truly representative of her body of work, like Tori Amos did in 2006 with A Piano

Totally agree, if you want to listen to the former then Spotify have a Lana essential playlist :teehee:

but to me her greatest hits are the ones that are barely known by the GP

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

1 minute ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Totally agree, if you want to listen to the former then Spotify have a Lana essential playlist :teehee:

but to me her greatest hits are the ones that are barely known by the GP

Full agree, Dita. I'd like the world to have the chance to really hear Lana's very best, not just the ones the general public knows or sort of knows, which I don't think are reflective of her catalog for the most part. 

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

I don't think a 'Best Of' or 'Greatest Hits' album will show the world (or reflect) the real Lana by any means. I'd prefer a 'Best of' between the two because then at least someone--preferably Lana herself--who knows the scope and depth of her music can make educated choices.

I wouldn't think much of a Greatest Hits album that contains Video Games, Off To the Races, the Cedric Gervais Summertime Sadness remix, Young & Beautiful, Ride, and then a smattering of tracks released as singles like Love, Lust For Life, Venice BitchA&W, the OB title track and one of her poems.  

I'd prefer Lana wait and release a career retrospective that is truly representative of her body of work, like Tori Amos did in 2006 with A Piano

That's a good idea. With only really essential tracks from each record (Ride, West Coast, OB, etc) to showcase her absolute best. 

My only request would be for Lana not to curate this project herself because y'all know we'd end up with random songs like Blue Banisters, Candy Necklace and Arcadia... Fun fact: Tough has already outstreamed all these songs on Spotify in just 3 weeks. 

58 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Full agree, Dita. I'd like the world to have the chance to really hear Lana's very best, not just the ones the general public knows or sort of knows, which I don't think are reflective of her catalog for the most part. 

What would your picks for a Lana Greatest Hits / Best Of be? Assuming you can only pick 17-22 songs.

On 7/25/2024 at 2:54 PM, DemonMic2003 said:

What would your picks for a Lana Greatest Hits / Best Of be? Assuming you can only pick 17-22 songs.

My taste is not typical of this fanbase, generally speaking. And I'm not a great fan of any of the OB album. 

If limited to 22, I would choose: 

Video Games

Summertime Sadness (the album original) 

Ride

Yayo

Bel Air 

Gods & Monsters 

Cola 

Wait For Life 

West Coast 

Sad Girl 

Old Money

Terrence Loves You

Swan Song 

13 Beaches 

Heroin 

The Greatest

Venice Bitch 

Yosemite 

If You Lie Down With Me  

Arcadia 

Wildflower Wildfire 

Let the Light In 

And if I could select some additional tracks, they would be: 

National Anthem 

Radio 

American 

Brooklyn Baby 

Is This Happiness

Music To Watch Boys To 

Salvatore

When the World Was At War 

White Mustang 

Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems 

Mariners Apartment Complex 

Hope 

Chemtrails Over the Country Club 

White Dress 

Violets For Roses, and 

Fishtail 

AND if I could include unreleased songs, I'd add: 

Live or Die (original)

Last Girl on Earth

Dragon Slayer

Unidentified Flying Bill  

Fine China

I Talk to Jesus

If I Die Young 

Serene Queen 

On 7/23/2024 at 11:15 AM, Elle said:

Fun fact, I was actually one of the people who was meant to receive one! I'll never forget scrolling through my email right before going to sleep that night at 4am and then seeing her little "Hai" DM notification. My heart stopped. Anyway, I never received it and I know of at least 3 other people who were also meant to receive one, but didn't get theirs either. I'm assuming she became busy and never got around to shipping them out. I'm always hoping that one day it'll show up on my doorstep though! x

Well yes, the picture is of Lana on August 29th, 2016. I'll attach another picture of Lana from the day where you can see her face better. I wonder if it is hinting at anything or if it's just a picture that Anna likes, but I suppose we should keep our eyes peeled! x

IMG-9697

idk if it's worth mentioning, but now she had a photo or video shoot in Newport, Rhode Island with a vintage aesthetic very reminiscent of Lana

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9445VlpUaH/?img_index=1

the post is accompanied by 'Cola'. 😭 She must be a huge Lana fan. Some days ago she posted an a capella of Summertime Sadness.

In my delulu dreams she's a model for one of Lana's next music videos, but probably it's just for her own.

edit: looks like it was just a commercial for tennis clothes :toofloppy:

So i was searching up lana’s ancestry and came to her grandma Cynthia who passed away in 2021. What i had found was, https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/nytimes/name/cynthia-grant-obituary?id=31880246.

on the later paragraphs it was told that:

her grandchildren David, Elizabeth, Caroline, and Charles (im sure this is charlie); and her great-grandchildren Noah, Greta, Azalea, Judah, and Phoenix. 

Im kind of wasted so i cant think straight now but does this mean that david was a lost firstborn of rob and patty? Or could it be from maternal side - knowing that Cynthia was from Rob’s side, not Patty

same question goes to those great granchildren

21 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

So i was searching up lana’s ancestry and came to her grandma Cynthia who passed away in 2021. What i had found was, https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/nytimes/name/cynthia-grant-obituary?id=31880246.

on the later paragraphs it was told that:

her grandchildren David, Elizabeth, Caroline, and Charles (im sure this is charlie); and her great-grandchildren Noah, Greta, Azalea, Judah, and Phoenix. 

Im kind of wasted so i cant think straight now but does this mean that david was a lost firstborn of rob and patty? Or could it be from maternal side - knowing that Cynthia was from Rob’s side, not Patty

same question goes to those great granchildren

They say she had 3 sons ,so i'm assuming he was a son of other two not Rob

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall

Just something ~random~ I made a while back and posted on reddit (:rip: ) , I found it on my Lana folder and updated it a lil

lanz

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

Honestly I don't know exactly where to post this but I have to confess that Chemtrails and Blue Banisters as albums kinda aged not as good for me as I thought they would. I absolutely loved both of them when they came out and they came at the right time in my life for me so I will be forever grateful for that. But I find myself barely listening to them as a whole nowadays . It's kinda sad because I loved them so much but I was thinking maybe I overplayed them since they became my most listened Lana albums in such a short time. I still listen to some songs  like White Dress, Tulsa and NAWAL. Chemtrails and Yosemite are both all time favorites. From Blue Banisters I still absolutely love Thunder, Dealer, Nectar Of The Gods, If You Lie Down With Me, Living Legend and maybe more unpopular Arcadia and Text Book (I love the production on TB so much). Wildflower Wildfire I listen to it mostly because of the lyrics and her vocals. But sometimes it's that way and they will hit again when it's the right time or I am just not in the mood for them right now. What I still love about Chemtrails is that it feels like the album that connects the most with nature. Blue Banisters helped me to heal and move on from a toxic friendship with my ex best friend in which  I eventually developed feelings for him :bebe:Kinda sad that some songs fall  flat for me nowadays but I still wouldn't call them bad songs and they are no bad albums by any means but they just kinda lost the appeal to me. Just needed to get that off my chest :tiffany4:

Spoiler

Accidentally made a spoiler and can't delete it for some reason :smh:

j9Fpjea9OY.webp

"Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon."

guys please! if you have this strange lizzy grant photo from basement can you send it to me on my gmail? varvarakolosokme@gmail.com🙏 i really really need this 🙏🙏🙏

6 hours ago, vrsyva said:

guys please! if you have this strange lizzy grant photo from basement can you send it to me on my gmail? varvarakolosokme@gmail.com🙏 i really really need this 🙏🙏🙏

Pin page

f7z0pce.jpeg

I'm starting to understand why Lana doesn't like deluxe editions. However, I think releasing a deluxe for Honeymoon (even if it was just Come With Me) and for Norman Fucking Rockwell! would've been smart business choices.

Also, I think Born To Die didn't need a deluxe since we got the paradise edition of the album but I would've instead just added Without You to the Born To Die Section of the paradise edition as a Born To Die bonus track (also squeeze Burning Desire in before Yayo instead of being a bonus track) 

On 8/6/2024 at 12:55 PM, Dark Angel said:

Pin page

why the prettiest most angelic girls always go for the douchebags :creep:

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

7 minutes ago, venice biotch said:

picsart the king that you are

GtMEiFl.png

That Turkish shooter is iconic lol, I love this meme lol

2.gif