Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

31 minutes ago, Jukebox Sweetheart said:

Last summer was pretty bad, we deluded ourselves into thinking something was happening on her birthday

I was so sure she was gonna do something too!

:crying2:

I think I even called out of work, Cannot remember…

IMG-3521.jpg

1 minute ago, ShadesOfFool said:

This is so funny 

When BB leaked because Sunrise Records sold it early, I did the same.

My managers were like “for an album? Can’t you wait a week?”

Also when I put in for the 24th - The reason was “Holiday”…

:blush3:

IMG-3521.jpg

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

Nothing will be as bad as pre-LFL / pre-NFR / Pre-COTCC

We take for granted having an album announcement and a release date that's less than 10-11 months apart TBH 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

35 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i saw the meltdowns on twitter but i wish i wish i was active on here the morning we saw this cover and when the “black narcissist” lyric was being discussed 💀 

4E48F017-7074-4944-A56D-080C54A42A84.web

33 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I buried this deep in my memories. People were trying to figure out if she was talking about Azealia or if she was talking about Kanye. :scoff:

Lol the black narcissist line now seems so innocent and cute, now that we had QFTC :thumb3: I honestly never thought that line from Hope was problematic, and neither did the critics. but I remember that some here were worried she’d get cancelled lol 
As for the cover, I thought it was okay: not her best, not her worst (Picsart selfies, anyone?), but somehow « fitting » with the song. 

56 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

The time period between October 2018 and July 2019 was the sickest thing she's ever done to us :eartha2:

I have to say, though, I was inactive on LanaBoards during this time just because I was so busy with my real life...and I didn't even think about the wait. I was still listening to the music and following what was going on, but I find that if you centre yourself in something totally unrelated, it's like, oh, the album's already out?! But we're all crazy obsessed here, so to even consider that we would ground ourselves in something else is radical. :eyeroll3:

i actually don’t have much of an issue with QFTC because i understand where she was coming from i just think she said too much and didn’t articulate herself well, but it was the mesh mask and the “he’s not like other cops he’s a good cop” thing when she was dating sean that really got to me and still deeply irk me to this day… i feel like it needed to happen though because it allowed me to stop worshipping the very ground lana walks on and see her as more of an actual human being than some perfect godly creature :wipe: and it also helped me to stop idolizing artists i admire in general and mature out of that mindset

3 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Ngl I put in PTO when I thought Nicki was gonna drop Queen then had to cancel it like a dumbass when she pushed it back :cumming:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

8 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

TBH, I WISH I had taken a day off when the title track for this album was out: it was one of the worst days of the year at work, I barely had time to listen to the damn song once on my lunch break. BoZ was spilling a lot and there were so many vinyls / products to buy / to consider buying. 
i really do prefer when anything Lana-related happens on a day off. 

9 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Ngl I put in PTO when I thought Nicki was gonna drop Queen then had to cancel it like a dumbass when she pushed it back :cumming:

We know our priorities…

cheers.gif

10 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

TBH, I WISH I had taken a day off when the title track for this album was out: it was one of the worst days of the year at work, I barely had time to listen to the damn song once on my lunch break. BoZ was spilling a lot and there were so many vinyls / products to buy / to consider buying. 
i really do prefer when anything Lana-related happens on a day off. 

Yeah Lana & Florence I try to be off…

IMG-3521.jpg

I couldn't defend her at all during QFTC or even the Annie Mac interview, however what I will ALWAYS defend her on is when NME spun what she said into "Trump needed to happen" clickbait. That was BAD and so uncalled for :rip: Totally agreed that those entire few months leading up to COCC humazined her for me instead of continuing my idolization @lilac heaven

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I couldn't defend her at all during QFTC or even the Annie Mac interview, however what I will ALWAYS defend her on is when NME spun what she said into "Trump needed to happen" clickbait. That was BAD and so uncalled for :rip: Totally agreed that those entire few months leading up to COCC humazined her for me instead of continuing my idolization @lilac heaven

the amount of things lana has done that have been just genuinely stupid and ignorant are less than 10, and even only one of those things i actually hold against her because she didn't have any negative intentions for any of those things

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

12 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

flashbacks to listening to the Annie Mac interview live being so excited that the Chemtrails title track just came out, just for that excitement to immediately dissipate as my heart fell into my stomach when Annie starting asking her exclusively political questions for whatever reason that i just knew were going to be twisted in some way because QFTC and the mask and the cop thing were still fresh in everyone’s minds :trisha: can’t believe that was already two years ago

4 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

flashbacks to listening to the Annie Mac interview live being so excited that the Chemtrails title track just came out, just for that excitement to immediately dissipate as my heart fell into my stomach when Annie starting asking her exclusively political questions for whatever reason that i just knew were going to be twisted in some way because QFTC and the mask and the cop thing were still fresh in everyone’s minds :trisha: can’t believe that was already two years ago

SAME. Listening to it live I was like this the entire time..

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952j9oj6z4gk4iddml0iu2

Anyways, I think I'm going to like Margaret for some reason. I really don't mind Jack's voice, and it seems like it will be an 80's synth bop :hottie:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, mrborntolose said:

the NFR rollout was such a nightmare

true! i remember lurking on here and checking the lana wiki almost every day, hoping the tracklist has been finally posted :toofunny:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif