Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, Embach said:

Oh to have instagram in 2013 :oprah: early 2010s was the best instagram era, before it was ruined and facebookified and tiktokified.

2013 instagram.. on my IPOD :angie:

this made me realise it was definitely a video not a livestream unless instagram lives go back further than I thought. I just remember the grubby ipod listening to cola

giphy.gif

Ultraviolence is such a genius rock album. The way it stood the test of time is proof of it. If you listen to other popular rock albums from 2013-14, most of them sound straight out of that time; Ultraviolence still sounds fresh and intriguing and still has as much fire as it did one decade ago.

Pretty When You Cry is even better than West Coast btw.

9 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Ultraviolence is such a genius rock album. The way it stood the test of time is proof of it. If you listen to other popular rock albums from 2013-14, most of them sound straight out of that time; Ultraviolence still sounds fresh and intriguing and still has as much fire as it did one decade ago.

Pretty When You Cry is even better than West Coast btw.

this^^ i’m sure everyone expected another indie-pop record after born to die but she came thru and put some soul into those heavy drums and guitar riffs. we can call ultraviolence psych-rock or whatever but i’ve never truly heard anything like it. it’s unique to lana and that’s why i fell in love with the record

and the shades of cool guitar solo is fucking awesome as we all know :worship::worship:

3 minutes ago, hayden del rey said:

this^^ i’m sure everyone expected another indie-pop record after born to die but she came thru and put some soul into those heavy drums and guitar riffs. we can call ultraviolence psych-rock or whatever but i’ve never truly heard anything like it. it’s unique to lana and that’s why i fell in love with the record

and the shades of cool guitar solo is fucking awesome as we all know :worship::worship:

Yes, honestly releasing UV and not repeating the formula that changed her life (BTD sound and aesthetic) was such a powerful move. Everything she does is ahead of its time.

Blue Banisters is getting Tiktokified default_ezgif-2-40056b791d.gif

i mean, it’s nice that Lana is getting the attention she deserves, but the coquette tiktok locals are getting to it… and we all know they ruin everything they touch…

21 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Video Games (Radio Edit) and Summertime Sadness (Radio Mix) being officially released was not something I knew

me too with the music video versions of freak and arcadia;
https://open.spotify.com/album/3N4RLjV1vOt36A4KBrbX6C

https://open.spotify.com/album/7EkZrvtiJL2dN96ZXmHZAY

i-have-no-kung-fu.jpg

LEAK ZODIAC

2 minutes ago, spinmeround said:

Need Chemtrails video version NOW

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

Just now, That Venice Bitch said:

Need Chemtrails video version NOW

it could potentially exist, the person i found it from had an alt version of blue banisters with the image being a still from the music video

i-have-no-kung-fu.jpg

LEAK ZODIAC

Her Spotify playlists say something about which songs Lana or her team like to push.

Interestingly, "Lana Del Rey Best Of" has after Take Me Home and SYTH, Chemtrails and two SYTH remixes (to push SYTH more, I think). Of the next Ocean Blvd tracks, Candy Necklace is at the top, I think that's definitely her favorite on the album.

But on "Lana Del Rey Complete" Candy Necklace is sorted normally. Here "Let The Light In" and "Margaret" are pushed to the top and "Peppers" and "Paris, Texas" lead the Ocean Blvd tracks. "Blue Skies" is pushed way back, even after Watercolor Eyes or SOTB, it looks like she's severely neglecting this song.

I think all these remixes should be removed, they don't reflect her song style and do more harm than good. :pls:

The hidden background vocals in the Lucky Ones chorus are to die for. I need them isolated. I don’t think she’s ever sang like that aside from there and maybe Off to the races. Deep but kinda nasally? “Every now and then the stars align…” I think it’s easier to hear in the demo.

"we keep changing all the time

the best ones lost their minds

but I'm not gonna change,

I'll stay the same"

I keep thinking about this. Did Lana really stayed the same? Idk how but I feel like something changed in her, after 2020 in particular. I'm NOT criticising, it's just a feeling I have..like something changed in her, but can't tell what..

3 hours ago, audreysdance said:

I'll stay the same"

I keep thinking about this. Did Lana really stayed the same? Idk how but I feel like something changed in her, after 2020 in particular. I'm NOT criticising, it's just a feeling I have..like something changed in her, but can't tell what..

i think she has stayed the same, but what we see now is a more organic lana! i think this line mainly focuses on her morals etc, but that’s just my interpretation. i definitely agree there’s a difference esp post 2020 like you said, i think we actually see her most authentic self. this is just my opinion tho!

she is a “writer first” and violets was released in 2020, and i think this was one of her greatest releases for that reason. arguably her best work… also, bb being released the next year shows us an even deeper level of lana that we didn’t get as much as before. we would have never got that pre violets :oprah:

it’s definitely interesting to think about <3

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, audreysdance said:

I'll stay the same"

The song was about Oscars 2020 after-party and Lana saw some crazy shit there or something she didn't like. The song was just about the moment in general that she won't do that crazy shit like they do. If I find that quote about it, I'll post that here again. Found it:

In a MOJO Magazine 2021 interview, Lana explained that an encounter with an unnamed musician at the 2020 Oscars after-party hosted by Madonna and Guy Oseary inspired these lyrics: "Something happened, kind of situation like—never meet your idols," she said. "And I just thought, I think it’s interesting that the best musicians end up in such terrible places. I thought to myself, I'm going to try my best not to change because I love who I am. I said, "Jack [Antonoff], it’s dark." And he said, "Well it’s dark—but I mean, it’s just a game.""

Here's Chuck from that event holding a huge poster of Lana attending there as well:

url%5D

url%5D

41 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

i think she has stayed the same, but what we see now is a more organic lana! i think this line mainly focuses on her morals etc, but that’s just my interpretation. i definitely agree there’s a difference esp post 2020 like you said, i think we actually see her most authentic self. this is just my opinion tho!

she is a “writer first” and violets was released in 2020, and i think this was one of her greatest releases for that reason. arguably her best work… also, bb being released the next year shows us an even deeper level of lana that we didn’t get as much as before. we would have never got that pre violets :oprah:

it’s definitely interesting to think about <3

18 minutes ago, Embach said:

The song was about Oscars 2020 after-party and Lana saw some crazy shit there or something she didn't like. The song was just about the moment in general that she won't do that crazy shit like they do. If I find that quote about it, I'll post that here again. Found it:

In a MOJO Magazine 2021 interview, Lana explained that an encounter with an unnamed musician at the 2020 Oscars after-party hosted by Madonna and Guy Oseary inspired these lyrics: "Something happened, kind of situation like—never meet your idols," she said. "And I just thought, I think it’s interesting that the best musicians end up in such terrible places. I thought to myself, I'm going to try my best not to change because I love who I am. I said, "Jack [Antonoff], it’s dark." And he said, "Well it’s dark—but I mean, it’s just a game.""

Here's Chuck from that event holding a huge poster of Lana attending there as well:

url%5D

Thank you both, I think it's something very interesting to see how she keeps evolving and where that comes from <3

8 hours ago, audreysdance said:

I'll stay the same"

I think she's not the same since she closed her official instagram account.

8 hours ago, audreysdance said:

I'll stay the same"

People grow and change overtime, it’s a natural part of everyone’s evolution as they progress through life. You can’t expect everyone to stay the same forever without being altered by their experiences. I think this particular sentiment is about not changing the core of who you are, but little elements of people are bound to to change such as their interests, their priorities, etc.

For Lana, I feel like every 3 years there’s a new evolutionary “version” of her that shifts slightly from the previous and they continue to build. For example:

2011-2013

2014-2016

2017-2019

2020-2022

2023-present

I feel that each of those sections have brought a new “version” of Lana, but she’s always been who she is at her core. Certain things about her will change, but who she is in her heart and soul will always stay the same. I also feel that this is very much reflected in her music, fashion, personality, etc.

I feel like I’m the same way and it seems like it’s also about every 3 years that there’s some sort of shift within my own self. This is an interesting thought though, I’m actually going to reach out to my friends about this and see if they relate too x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS