The Siren

Adam Lambert covers West Coast for covers album High Drama (out now)

7 hours ago, The Siren said:

I disagree with this. His arrangement is far from boring :toofloppy:

I don’t find him boring and I don’t personally find Lana boring.

In this instance, I’m just stating facts. Socially, they’re outcasted and undervalued. 

not my cup of tea just a bit overproduced but hey thats kinda his style

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

1 hour ago, TrippieHippie said:

I don’t find him boring but I also don’t personally find Lana boring. In this instance, I’m not biased. I’m just stating facts. Socially, they’re outcasted and undervalued. 

You said you did find him (his arrangement of West Coast) boring with the analogy of a pot calling the kettle black :um:

5 hours ago, The Siren said:

You said you did find him (his arrangement of West Coast) boring with the analogy of a pot calling the kettle black :um:

No, I didn’t!

I said others would view Lana and Adam as boring, socially. 
Lana fans calling Adam boring is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Ironically, Lana fans are called boring due their support of Lana.

Our society deems Lana to be less valuable in comparison to artist like Beyoncé because she isn't shaking her ass, showing her breast and body in sexually provocative clothing.

Adam Lambert is also considered less valuable due to his sexuality, and his style which is considered to be old-fashioned. Adam Lambert isn't a trendy artist that teenagers with short-attention spans can enjoy. He's cultivated for those who find value in the past. 

This is where Lana Del Rey and Adam Lambert share subtle similarities. 

At the end of the day, 

To call Adam boring is just a cop out.

Adam is preferred when it comes to groundbreaking performances honoring groundbreaking artist.

They’ll call Miley Cyrus before they’ll inquire Lana to honor the greats. That’s just the honest to god truth.

She’s been complimented by the greats of our time which is amazing but Lana must develop more as an artist in order to reach those heights. 

As far as excitement is concerned,  Adam Lambert is provocative in his approach. He's bold, fearless, confident, fierce, strong, independent and unwavering. 

Lana fans are upset because someone as experienced as Adam Lambert dared to interrupt the status quo of their community.

Personally, I don't like that the tempo wasn’t respected.

The overproduction and vocal layering resulted in an overpowering performance.

I'd rather listen to Adam Lambert sing his own material.

@TrippieHippie no one denied that Adam has an extremely wide and beautiful voice. 

Its when you said "Lana has no vocal range"

Lana's vocal range is still rare for a woman, considering how low her voice can go-(vs Halsey - 2Octaves+2 notes, Taylor- 2 octaves 4 notes) And her voice has just gotten better and stronger in the last couple of years. I don't think the info in the website has been updated.

This is a thread about Adam Lambert's cover of West Coast. This is not a thread about anything else. Please, please stick to discussing this song and this song only if you're going to chat in this thread. Discussions about Adam Lambert as an artist, or Lana in comparison, does not fit the theme of this thread. Thank you!

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

Just now, That Venice Bitch said:

This is a thread about Adam Lambert's cover of West Coast. This is not a thread about anything else. Please, please stick to discussing this song and this song only if you're going to chat in this thread. Discussions about Adam Lambert as an artist, or Lana in comparison, does not fit the theme of this thread. Thank you!

<3

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

I'm not a big fan of him and I didn't like his cover of West Coast but I still liked the fact that he made it and made the song his own. The tempo change is still there, just more subtle. 

I did surprisingly like his cover of Getting Older by Billie Eilish tough.