legotrip

I've written a Lana Del Rey biography and am giving it away for free

@legotrip i apologize if i had said anything that was insensitive, i should've been more considerate and less nit-picky, i think it's wonderful that you went out of your way to write an extensive piece of work about the life and career of lana del rey, it's not difficult to get some details wrong, there's so much information out there about her and some of it may be false, which is likely the case for any celebrity or public figure, so it's not fair to be overly critical about a few wrong details

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

10 minutes ago, lizzyology said:

HELP-, my comment was included as something hateful - that was not my intention. I thought we were giving reviews 😭 @Surf Noir @fl0r1dakil0s can contest to that… hopefully.

I just thought that the portion that I am knowledgeable with was shallow; I don’t think her early career has ever been done justice in the form of a biographical book. You set up her early life as a binary between the process of creating records to put out and romantic relationships  - which is certainly not how a lot of us here envision those years for her. So many other things influenced her music career such as her mentors, life as a college student, financial position, friends, etc. 

As a positive, I will say that the early album descriptions were thought out. For your challenge, this site is the most exhaustive biography out there.

Best,

- lizzyology 

Sure, I get that I am dealing with the big league of Lana fans here and I must be prepared for some backlash. I did include her mentors, college life, and financial position in the text but I understand if it was not thorough enough for your liking. That information was difficult to come by and I did my very best. I apologise if I missed anything important. But you are right, my primary focus was on her music. 

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

@legotrip i apologize if i had said anything that was insensitive, i should've been more considerate and less nit-picky, i think it's wonderful that you went out of your way to write an extensive piece of work about the life and career of lana del rey, it's not difficult to get some details wrong, there's so much information out there about her and some of it may be false, which is likely the case for any celebrity or public figure, so it's not fair to be overly critical about a few wrong details

It's ok, as a fairly new author I must get used to being criticised and while it obviously hurts, it helps me to grow a thicker skin. As for incorrect details, the vast majority of this book is based around Lana's quotes, so if anything is wrong, I blame her! :PPP That is, except for the Ride lyric misattribution, that is unforgivable and I am hugely apologetic for that idiotic oversight. 

Just now, legotrip said:

It's ok, as a fairly new author I must get used to being criticised and while it obviously hurts, it helps me to grow a thicker skin. As for incorrect details, the vast majority of this book is based around Lana's quotes, so if anything is wrong, I blame her! :PPP That is, except for the Ride lyric misattribution, that is unforgivable and I am hugely apologetic for that idiotic oversight. 

you're not too fair off on lana herself sometimes being wrong, such as claiming that certain songs were recorded when she was 16 when they were obviously recorded much later... or that thing about her falling from a tree-house onto a fire-pit and later having a psychic tell her that that is why she has a light, breathy voice :bebe: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Just now, Surf Noir said:

you're not too fair off on lana herself sometimes being wrong, such as claiming that certain songs were recorded when she was 16 when they were obviously recorded much later... or that thing about her falling from a tree-house onto a fire-pit and later having a psychic tell her that that is why she has a light, breathy voice :bebe: 

Haha I had not heard about the fire-pit story, that's hilarious! 

i'm very sorry if anything i said was offensive (maybe you didn't even read my posts lmao), i actually was intrigued by the project! and i would love to read it :true:

the only thing that seemed off to me was the fact that you masqueraded as an user looking for biographies only to self-promote yours some months ago. but hey, i get it, go get that bag :party:

Capture.jpg

4 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

i'm very sorry if anything i said was offensive (maybe you didn't even read my posts lmao), i actually was intrigued by the project! and i would love to read it :true:

the only thing that seemed off to me was the fact that you masqueraded as an user looking for biographies only to self-promote yours some months ago. but hey, i get it, go get that bag :party:

Yeah, you're right there. I was experimenting with different forms of promotion and in hindsight, that was a little dishonest. I'm not sure if you've ever written a book, but it's tough out here! <3 

@legotrip i just got done reading and I thought it was very good and thought out. It must’ve taken you a really long time to write!!! Idk why people are hating. I’d love to leave a review. Is there a link? 

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

13 minutes ago, terrencelovesy0u said:

@legotrip i just got done reading and I thought it was very good and thought out. It must’ve taken you a really long time to write!!! Idk why people are hating. I’d love to leave a review. Is there a link? 

Aw, thank you so much <3 It did take a surprisingly long time, I actually nearly had a breakdown trying to finish it before Ocean Blvd dropped lol.
If you could leave a review, I'd be superrrr grateful. This link should take you to your local Amazon: https://mybook.to/lanadelrey 

24 minutes ago, legotrip said:

Aw, thank you so much <3 It did take a surprisingly long time, I actually nearly had a breakdown trying to finish it before Ocean Blvd dropped lol.
If you could leave a review, I'd be superrrr grateful. This link should take you to your local Amazon: https://mybook.to/lanadelrey 

I just added a review. I really hope that this book gets the attention it deserves! Good luck! 

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

LET'S GO

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

18 hours ago, legotrip said:
Hello everyone!
I am unsure of the rules with a post like this so admins please delete it if it's not allowed.
I have written an extensive Lana Del Rey biography which compiles her history from birth until Ocean Blvd using hundreds of interviews.
Of course, writing a book is only half the battle, and I am struggling to get eyes onto the publication.
So, for this board only, I am offering the book 100% for free. I can send you the epub or the PDF. In return, I would only hope for an honest review on Amazon, but even that is not necessary.
Let me know if you're interested and I will message you further details!

Very interested !

2 hours ago, terrencelovesy0u said:

I just added a review. I really hope that this book gets the attention it deserves! Good luck! 

Thank you sooooo very much! It helps a lot ❤️❤️❤️

I haven’t read yet but am excited to- I’ve seen a lot of anecdotes on here regarding it not being well detailed in her primary life but it’s always good for thought to expand and reissue the book to its full capacity. 

a lot of members like myself aswell would be happy to add anything :kiss:

i don’t really understand the entire negativity in this thread, even if the book has its flaws or isn’t very well detailed i don’t think it makes it right to hate on the writer, at least they put some effort and tried instead of only talking shit :hae:

51 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I haven’t read yet but am excited to- I’ve seen a lot of anecdotes on here regarding it not being well detailed in her primary life but it’s always good for thought to expand and reissue the book to its full capacity. 

a lot of members like myself aswell would be happy to add anything :kiss:

Yeah, I find it quite confusing as to what exactly is missing. Perhaps someone will eventually explain it to me using specific examples rather than just vague comments. 

2 minutes ago, revadece said:

i don’t really understand the entire negativity in this thread, even if the book has its flaws or isn’t very well detailed i don’t think it makes it right to hate on the writer, at least they put some effort and tried instead of only talking shit :hae:

Thank you for being a kind voice, it helps. And even if my book isn't perfect (is any book perfect?) I put every ounce of my energy into ensuring it's the best Lana Del Rey book on the market.