lanaismamom

"Lust for Life" Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

On 6/24/2023 at 1:17 PM, cherryblossoms said:

Tbh this hurts more than the Patrick Warren situation with FC/YTH/YG :prettyhurts:

Anyways thank you king/queen :heart:

May I ask which version they were talking about? The YouTube channel doesn’t exist anymore.

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

18 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

May I ask which version they were talking about? The YouTube channel doesn’t exist anymore.

the 3rd demo

the one that starts with "one foot in the door"

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

4 minutes ago, Break Me Down said:

the 3rd demo

the one that starts with "one foot in the door"

I see. So does that mean it was made with stems? I don’t understand :xgiggle: 

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

Just now, That Venice Bitch said:

The response I didn’t know I needed

:crai:lol but in all seriousness it was probably made from a different vocal take in one of the sessions, but i know nothing about that so im just guessing. @Unknown any intel?

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

About the Serene Queen Village Demo, what the hell does the "Village" mean there, is Village a producer or what?

Spoiler

village-1.jpg

:blush3:

url%5D

4 minutes ago, Embach said:

About the Serene Queen Village Demo, what the hell does the "Village" mean there, is Village a producer or what?

Reveal hidden contents

village-1.jpg

:blush3:

its name of the studio the song was recorded at

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

On 6/30/2023 at 9:12 PM, Embach said:

Maybe TNBAR is about Jonathan Wilson, not Barrie :raven:

This made me really think that maybe TNBAR is really about Jonathan Wilson and maybe she really scrapped some of the 2016 songs because of him.

I feel like he was the one who affected maybe some of Lana's decisions on LFL.

But maybe I'm reaching, as always :understand:

url%5D

14 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

While I understand the process of changing and re-doing stuff, the way she turned BPBP into a meaningless Frankenstein track to forcefully squeeze in a Stevie Nicks feature feels extremely off.

:stareney2:

While BPBP is not one of my favorites from LFL because I find the melody too dull and I understand that some people don't like Nicks voice but in my opinion the lyrical change showed Lana in much more mature side and I actually really love the lyrics because they're really beautiful. I understand why someone might not like the song but calling it meaningless is a reach...

url%5D

34 minutes ago, Embach said:

:stareney2:

While BPBP is not one of my favorites from LFL because I find the melody too dull and I understand that some people don't like Nicks voice but in my opinion the lyrical change showed Lana in much more mature side and I actually really love the lyrics because they're really beautiful. I understand why someone might not like the song but calling it meaningless is a reach...

I think the lyrics are pretty forced amd it's obvious that this collab does not stem from an "organic" writing process between Nicks and Lana

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

6 hours ago, Embach said:

This made me really think that maybe TNBAR is really about Jonathan Wilson and maybe she really scrapped some of the 2016 songs because of him.

That's what I think too.

My theory is that BAR is about Jonathan Wilson.

The lyrics are tough. She blames him for spending too much time producing music and not caring enough for her. The WM music video fits this description.

But the song is scraped. Maybe at his request, or maybe it was an on and off relationship and she just tried to save her couple.

In 2018-2019, as they were separated, she put things in perspective and decide not to be too mean to him and change lyrics to more positive ones.

But I am just speculating and maybe reaching too.

7 hours ago, Embach said:

i think its about barrie only in terms that she later changed her mind about him (but i cant prove that) and so changed lyrics 
and im hearing about jonathan wilson the first time tbh😭

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y