lanaismamom

"Lust for Life" Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

29 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

if we talking about scraps Dealer and Thunder (demo) would be fit to album as well. first one has spacey chill vibe and second one sacral mystical atmosphere fitting great between bops and folky songs. she was influenced by LFL sound cause she didn't end album yet.

I think boz said they werent intended for lfl but ill check

interesting thing about tlsp sessions is that California was registered with the rest of lfl tracks, leading that it possible was intended on lfl 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

I don't know if any of you have discussed that but like 4 years ago I saw some people talking about it on YouTube that Lana sampled Princess Chelsea's No Church On Sunday in Heroin! (it's kind of a subtle sample like how she sampled The Beatles in West Coast)

And I listened to the album where No Church On Sunday is from, called The Great Cybernetic Depression (released in 2015) and the album's songs have the same spacey cosmic electronic ambient vibes as the so-called "original concept of Lust For Life", similar to the songs like Heroin, Lust For Life demo, If I Die Young (I know that it's a Honeymoon outtake).

Although The Great Cybernetic Depression is a lot more quirkier (it's kinda like if early era Marina Diamandis made the original concept of LFL herself or something like that). But I can see that Lana was definitely inspired from that album when she sampled for Heroin!

Also I have read some theories on No Church On Sunday song, that it talks about her brother's drug overdose (although I don't think so because I think that it's a misheard lyric), but it would connect this song and Heroin a lot more.

url%5D

21 minutes ago, Embach said:

I don't know if any of you have discussed that but like 4 years ago I saw some people talking about it on YouTube that Lana sampled Princess Chelsea's No Church On Sunday in Heroin! (it's kind of a subtle sample like how she sampled The Beatles in West Coast)

And I listened to the album where No Church On Sunday is from, called The Great Cybernetic Depression (released in 2015) and the album's songs have the same spacey cosmic electronic ambient vibes as the so-called "original concept of Lust For Life", similar to the songs like Heroin, Lust For Life demo, If I Die Young (I know that it's a Honeymoon outtake).

Although The Great Cybernetic Depression is a lot more quirkier (it's kinda like if early era Marina Diamandis made the original concept of LFL herself or something like that). But I can see that Lana was definitely inspired from that album when she sampled for Heroin!

Also I have read some theories on No Church On Sunday song, that it talks about her brother's drug overdose (although I don't think so because I think that it's a misheard lyric), but it would connect this song and Heroin a lot more.

Love love princess chelsea. She’s brilliant and the album’s so much great

13 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Well well… the perfect time to leash these outtakes in honor of the Serene Queen’s birthday don’t we think?!

YESSSS LETS KICK OFF LANA’S LUST FOR LIFE MASS LEAK BIRTHDAY BASH

Was the Marshmello collab LFL's outtake? Since Honeymouns said that the collab is from 2017. Or was it for his album?

url%5D

3 minutes ago, Embach said:

Was the Marshmello collab LFL's outtake? Since Honeymouns said that the collab is from 2017. Or was it for his album?

did he say that? i thought it was a consensus that its LA Who Am I rework

3 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

did he say that? i thought it was a consensus that its LA Who Am I rework

LA Who Am I Marshmello rework was just a rumour, right? Also the rework is from 2018?

Honeymouns just only said that Lana has a collab w Marshmello from 2017.

url%5D

1 minute ago, Embach said:

LA Who Am I Marshmello rework was just a rumour, right? Also the rework is from 2018?

Honeymoon just only said that Lana has a collab w Marshmello from 2017.

yes it was a rumor but i dont remember him saying its from 2017

10 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

yes it was a rumor but i dont remember him saying its from 2017

I remember something he commented that under a post? Idk lemme check out wikia

Edit: yeah it's my bad, I think it wasn't confirmed from which year it was from, I just confused it because I'm dumb :toofunny: although there's a Marshmello remix or a mashup of Summertime Sadness from 2017 though

Edited by Embach
Fixing.

url%5D

interesting to mention this 'This is the only track I didn't talk to any of the journalists about for a reason. The title, of course. It's my favourite track of the 16-track record. How it sounds is how the record started off, but then it went to a brighter place.. folky-like', and heroin was one of the earliest songs made for the album and we literally have only 2 early demos of lfl and heroin from september 2015-february 2016 sessions

im sure there are so many more:oprah4: at the very least early version of groupie love, im really exciting to hear one since it went the most change stages

On 6/20/2023 at 7:17 PM, Embach said:

I got into Princess Chelsea purely because of this comparison made! 

I never knew that's exactly what the song is about. Wow. That does connect the two more, despite me not 100% believing Heroin intentionally samples it. 

12 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

BTW Malibu is not deleted and people have it

:dua:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°