lanaismamom

"Lust for Life" Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

20 minutes ago, tulsa jesus twink said:

bescause IG fans are like the teachers pets of this fandom.

also that was ricky. no one rlly likes him and he didn’t try speaking to her. he cornered her and was very invasive. no one here is doing that and these are two very different things

YCY3W7s.jpg

50 minutes ago, Dior said:

Sorry can someone delete the above post. It is causing an error for me. I'm not tech savvy enough to figure out how to delete it or edit it properly. 

By the logic it already happened = no need to talk about then I guess it's reasonable to not discuss material that has already been recorded. But of course that doesn't make any sense at all.  

When Lana's car got broken into and a fan tried to speak to her outside that church the comments on IG made me think a majority of fans respect her privacy maybe that was just me being naive. 

It seems like you’re kinda new to Lana so here’s a couple points

1. Malibu is a concept demo of Get Free, leaking this isn’t like when TNBAR leaked months ahead of LFL and then an updated version was on NFR. The final song exists and is released, she’s not going to make another song off this. Nectar of the Gods also has a concept demo, look up Connection (or don’t since you’re apparently against leaks)

2. You’re on the wrong site if you’re going to be discussing the morality behind leaks. Usually you’ll have some type of valid argument if it’s an upcoming work but this is literally stuff from like 7 years ago, leaks happen with every artist.

3. This forum does respect her privacy, literally go back to the og thread of when her car got broken into, the Brasil incident, or anything else. No one is wishing any negative on her. It’s a normal thing to be curious and want to listen to more content. It’s a little weird to be equating a leaked song to stalking.

5 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

It seems like you’re kinda new to Lana so here’s a couple points

1. Malibu is a concept demo of Get Free, leaking this isn’t like when TNBAR leaked months ahead of LFL and then an updated version was on NFR. The final song exists and is released, she’s not going to make another song off this. Nectar of the Gods also has a concept demo, look up Connection (or don’t since you’re apparently against leaks)

2. You’re on the wrong site if you’re going to be discussing the morality behind leaks. Usually you’ll have some type of valid argument if it’s an upcoming work but this is literally stuff from like 7 years ago, leaks happen with every artist.

3. This forum does respect her privacy, literally go back to the og thread of when her car got broken into, the Brasil incident, or anything else. No one is wishing any negative on her. It’s a normal thing to be curious and want to listen to more content. It’s a little weird to be equating a leaked song to stalking.

I am not new to Lana I am an older fan. Songs can be reworked as I discussed previously. Lana reworked Methamphetamines (very old rough demo type song) into Old Money. Even you said yourself Connection turned into a released song. So it is true that something like Malibu and be revisited and released. I believe she even said this an interview. Also you can look back on other users' posts and they've said her privacy is "not that serious". Also I never said anything was wrong or right I simply said it was obsessive and abnormal behavior which is a fact. I will let you and other users do the mental gymnastics on how you can respect her privacy while wishing a lot she intentionally deleted to respect her privacy to leak. It simply does not make any sense. 

Side note sorry if you guys are trolling and I am falling for the bait too much. 

11 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

@Wait For Life:oprah4:

omfg my grail

but is it actually something like melancholia or Pink champagne (started as a separate song) or actually a concept demo

I really hope it is like a separate song. I never listen to demos but stuff like Melancholia and Pink Champagne are so different from the finals that it is basically different songs. I’ve always loved the title Malibu so I’m hoping it is super different and beachy 

Just now, Dior said:

.Lana reworked Methamphetamines (very old rough demo type song) into Old Money.

they extrapolite a melody of the same song from another artist

plus what u trying to say is a b s o l u t e l y wrong... u are been told that song already got reworked the cycle is complete so leak malibu

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Candy Necklace also you can listen to the songs like Pink Champagne where someone might say oh she's done with it and never returning to it but as we know she revisited years later and reworked it into the Let Me Love You Like A Woman song. 

1 minute ago, Dior said:

Candy Necklace also you can listen to the songs like Pink Champagne where someone might say oh she's done with it and never returning to it but as we know she revisited years later and reworked it into the Let Me Love You Like A Woman song. 

But that was like really unheard of lol. She really has never put old songs on albums until COTCC and Blue Banisters but that is only because of special circumstances 

5 minutes ago, Dior said:

just stop arguing with facts. malibu was never an outtake like pink champagne which was scrapped off uv and released 3 albums later. malibu was a early demo for a song released on the album it was recorded for

YCY3W7s.jpg

@Dior what point are you getting at with saying that lana could possibly rework malibu just because she may have reworked/revisited other songs? i don't think that should mean we can't discuss or even want a certain track to leak just because lana could hypothetically re-use the concept, it is something she has done a number of times, but we can't just assume she may or may not reuse, rework, or revisit a certain song or concept, should we be extra weary of any and all unreleased songs because she could technically finalize them and release them? by that logic, nobody should've been listening to say yes to heaven, which was her most popular unreleased song, before she had released it

and if you just simply don't like the idea of people wanting songs to leak or the fact that they come from scamming/hacking etc. that is fine and totally understandable, but i really don't know what else you can do besides just staying away from threads where certain discussions like that are taking place, it's a part of lanaboards, and lana's stuff leaks a lot, but we still do what we can to respect lana when necessary by strictly forbidding links to officially released content, and not talking about that particular song we know for a fact she didn't want out

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

17 minutes ago, Dior said:

I am not new to Lana I am an older fan. Songs can be reworked as I discussed previously. Lana reworked Methamphetamines (very old rough demo type song) into Old Money. Even you said yourself Connection turned into a released song. So it is true that something like Malibu and be revisited and released. I believe she even said this an interview. Also you can look back on other users' posts and they've said her privacy is "not that serious". Also I never said anything was wrong or right I simply said it was obsessive and abnormal behavior which is a fact. I will let you and other users do the mental gymnastics on how you can respect her privacy while wishing a lot she intentionally deleted to respect her privacy to leak. It simply does not make any sense. 

Side note sorry if you guys are trolling and I am falling for the bait too much. 

Bro read what I’m saying. The finalized song that Malibu is for is released. She has never made and released 2 versions of the same song from the same concept demo. Literally what you’re saying is right Methamphetamines became Old Money but only Old Money was released.

I’m not going to try debating privacy and the morality of leaks. I’ve got my opinions and you’ve got your own. I know I respect Lana and will never wish anything bad on her.

I’m not even trolling I’m just genuinely concerned as to how you can’t understand that there will be no other song coming out of Malibu.

2 minutes ago, tulsa jesus twink said:

just stop arguing with facts. malibu was never an outtake like pink champagne which was scrapped off uv and released 3 albums later. malibu was a early demo for a song released on the album it was recorded for

Again we are not Lana so we don't know if she would ever consider releasing a certain song or recording. Please refer to my previous comments and Lana's unreleased music. It is not "rocket science". Period. 

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

@Dior what point are you getting at with saying that lana could possibly rework malibu just because she may have reworked/revisited other songs? i don't think that should mean we can't discuss or even want a certain track to leak just because lana could hypothetically re-use the concept, it is something she has done a number of times, but we can't just assume she may or may not re-use, re-work, or re-visit a certain song or concept, should we be extra weary of any and all unreleased songs because she could technically finalize them and release them? by that logic, nobody should've been listening to say yes to heaven, which was her most popular unreleased song, before she had released it

and if you just simply don't like the idea of people wanting songs to leak or the fact that they come from scamming/hacking etc. that is fine and totally understandable, but i really don't know what else you can do besides just staying away from threads where certain discussions like that are taking place, it's a part of lanaboards, but we still do what we can to respect lana when necessary by strictly forbidding links to officially released content, and not talking about that particular song we know for a fact she didn't want out

Yes.

4 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

Bro read what I’m saying. The finalized song that Malibu is for is released. She has never made and released 2 versions of the same song from the same concept demo. Literally what you’re saying is right Methamphetamines became Old Money but only Old Money was released.

I’m not going to try debating privacy and the morality of leaks. I’ve got my opinions and you’ve got your own. I know I respect Lana and will never wish anything bad on her.

I’m not even trolling I’m just genuinely concerned as to how you can’t understand that there will be no other song coming out of Malibu.

It is basic music composition. You can reuse melodies, lyrics, instrumentals etc. from a song and rework it into another one. She may want to revisit Malibu later on or release it by itself one day if she wishes. She has done this with other unreleased songs such as Black Beauty, Cherry Blossom, Say Yes To Heaven etc. She can revisit the Methamphetamines song if she wants. Now of course I don't really care too much for whether she will actually release it. It is unlikely. It's the fact she specifically deleted it because of privacy concerns of it being too personal and now fans have it. That should concern a normal person but that is just my opinion. 

Just now, Dior said:

Again we are not Lana so we don't know if she would ever consider releasing a certain song or recording. Please refer to my previous comments and Lana's unreleased music. It is not "rocket science". Period. 

We aren’t Lana but we have history and precedent to go off of. She has never made 2 so similar that they might as well be the same.

1 minute ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Axl Rose Husband and White Pontiac Heaven reading this: :ma:

Key word: released. I’m sure there’s lots of similar outtakes out there, feel free to share them with the group!!

9 minutes ago, Dior said:

Yes.

i'm confused by your response, are you saying that we should try to avoid listening to any unreleased song just because she might hypothetically rework them or reuse them conceptually? i don't think that's reasonable at all because she has 100s of unreleased songs and concepts, she can't possibly reuse all of them, and regardless if she were to reuse an old concept or rework an old unreleased song, how would fans previously being aware of that song hinder her ability to rework the song? she attempted to rework/reuse parts of axl rose husband in 2015,  and that song has been around since at least 2012, she released cherry blossom, living legend, nectar of the gods, and thunder on blue banisters and all of those songs were previously leaked tracks that were known by fans, clearly she didn't feel like she couldn't release them just because other fans have heard them, lana's going to do what she wants to do regardless, and honestly, i feel like you're the one who's assuming how lana's feeling, not the rest of this thread, there's actually some unreleased songs she likes, and although i'm sure there's some she'd rather not have out there, i don't think she's losing sleep over the fact that fans can listen to kill kill or wayamaya

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

5 minutes ago, Dior said:

It is basic music composition. You can reuse melodies, lyrics, instrumentals etc. from a song and rework it into another one. She may want to revisit Malibu later on or release it by itself one day if she wishes. She has done this with other unreleased songs such as Black Beauty, Cherry Blossom, Say Yes To Heaven etc. She can revisit the Methamphetamines song if she wants. Now of course I don't really care too much for whether she will actually release it. It is unlikely. It's the fact she specifically deleted it because of privacy concerns of it being too personal and now fans have it. That should concern a normal person but that is just my opinion. 

What isn’t clicking, Say Yes To Heaven has so many versions but only 1 is officially released, so does Cherry Blossom, Black Beauty, LMLYLAW. Get Free is the final released version of Malibu. Unless I’m extremely stupid and never realized she released more than one version of those, it’s never happened.

Just now, Surf Noir said:

i'm confused by your response, are you saying that we should try to avoid listening to any unreleased song just because she might hypothetically rework them or reuse them conceptually? i don't think that's reasonable at all because she has 100s of unreleased songs and concepts, she can't possibly reuse all of them, and regardless if she were to reuse an old concept or rework an old unreleased song, how would fans previously being aware of that song hinder her ability to rework the song? she attempted to rework/reuse parts of axl rose husband in 2015,  and that song has been around since at least 2012, she released cherry blossom, living legend, and nectar of the gods, and thunder on blue banisters and all of those songs were previously leaked tracks that were known by fans, clearly she didn't feel like she couldn't release them just because other fans have heard them, lana's going to do what she wants to do regardless, i feel like you're the one who's assuming how lana's feeling, in fact, there's some unreleased songs she likes, and although i'm sure there's some she'd rather not have out there, i don't think she's losing sleep over the fact that fans can listen to kill kill or wayamaya or something

I'm saying yes to a general approval of your post for the second paragraph. Sorry for the lack of context. To address your questions in a perfect world fans respect Lana's privacy and wait for her to release music when she wants to. I do not think it's abnormal behavior to listen to a song... but to go out of your way to get something you know Lana has no intention to release is abnormal...   There's a lot of gray area but just imagine someone is trying to release a voice memo that is on your phone to the public. Creepy!

Also she clearly doesn’t have an issue reworking already leaked songs lol, like Thunder was leaked and she reworked it. She also fully posted a video of her singing Cherry Blossom multiple years before it’s release. Nectar Of The Gods was also leaked and she didn’t even change that one. I get the moral side of not leaking stuff but if we are concerned about the potential of her releasing songs that have leaked, that is clearly a non-issue for her