lanaismamom

"Lust for Life" Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

2 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

its not gaslight its just the chain of a common sense facts

dont put venice bitch demo into this discussion this kind of stuff she would do once in a lifetime, that was an exclusive thing and doesn’t matter there a chance in future of her reusing

CONCEPT DEMO of a RELEASED SONGS

Yes this is why im kinda trolling because i dont see this to happen in a life time sorry this is Just the peak of delusions

The only real delusion is the idea we know exactly what Lana's intentions are and we as fans know if something is scrapped or not. And yes Venice Bitch demo fits perfectly into the discussion because she clearly ended up releasing something you and Candy Necklace would say is scrapped and worth leaking because it will never get released. Again... LANA might find the song meaningful, what fans think means nothing. 

5 minutes ago, Summertime Saddest said:

what do you not get, malibu was reworked into get free whats not clicking

Hello please see my previous texts.

1 minute ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

We must come together as a group and celebrate because WE ARE THE THE WORLD LANABOARDS

No beef or hate. I think lanaismamom and Candy Necklace are cool users. :kiss: Hugs and kisses. Amen.

7 minutes ago, Dior said:

The only real delusion is the idea we know exactly what Lana's intentions are and we as fans know if something is scrapped or not.

So by that logic, can I argue that you can't truly read into her statement of "too personal 5 me" correctly :usrs:.

Spoiler

Jokes aside, I think I know what you're getting at. it's just that Lipsters are always curious to hear the scraps, demos, etc Even if it doesn't leak, there's always a hype around the discussion 

A lot of this thread is speculation or people misremembering certain quotes so here’s a little timeline of things we know (mostly) for certain - fill it in w dates verified by reliable people or insiders lol

September 2015 - Lust for Life began the day she put out Honeymoon - Lana, KROQ Interview, 2017

"Work on the new album began in 2015, immediately after the completion of Honeymoon" - Kieron Menzies and Dean Reid interview, Sound on Sound

Lust for Life was the first song on the record per LDR to Courtney Love for Dazed

May/June/July/August (?) 2016 - 13 beaches experience

June 2016 - Love is finished enough to film a video

???

November 2016 - trump election

GBA

WWAWWKD - was written to women who might feel unsafe walking home like she felt "less safe" after the Trump election

January 2017 - women's marches, which GBA was written before

February 17, 2017 - Love posters, Love leak

February 18, 2017 - Love released early due to leak

March 2017 - Roses bloom for you written per first LDR IG post about it “this was a special one I wrote in March called 'Roses bloom for you’.”

April 17, 2017 - the Weekend after North Korea and Coachella that Lana wrote (and presumably recorded and produced) Coachella Woodstock In My Mind

Around this time Change was also presumably recorded given Lana's saying the lyrics “could be about North Korea”

April 22, 2017 - roughly around the time the album would be sent to printing presses for physical releases

Around this time Lana said the track listing changed a lot in "the last 3 months [before July 1st, 2017]"

Around this time - Yosemite is still on the tracklist according to Lana to Stevie Nicks during their V mag interview, it’s also played or sang for the interviewer for Elle Mag

May 11, 2017 - "Go fuck yourself" DM to Spin magazine lmao

May 13, 2017 - Coachella announced for release 4 days later

July 1st 2017 "final final mix was like not that long ago cause it changed right before we started printing it to vinyl - actually it changed a lot the mix"

July 21st, 2017 -  release day

Rough recording order -

September 2015

Lust for Life - first version

Love

Groupie Love (with original Rocky verse)

???

Summer 2016

13 beaches (experience that inspired the song happened then, presumably written and recorded around the time)

June 2016

Love video shoot

???

November 2016 (probably but this is a guess)

God Bless America

WWAWWKD

???

Tomorrow Never Came (Lana had done the male features before asking Stevie so if the below guess is right it was done at some point before Dec 2016)

December 2016 (complete guess)

BPBP - Steve was in New York during this time on tour (Toronto 11/29/16, NYC show 12/1/16) and she did her part for BPBP first with Rick at Electric Lady, so could have been then

Stevie had a break from tour from December 18, 2016 - February 23, 2017 so if not when she was in New York I'd assume around this time but as I said complete guess, though it does align with Stevie being approached "late in the recording process" as per LDR to KROQ

???

January 2017

???

March 2017

Cherry and White Mustang (?)  - "at the end of the record" LDR to Zane Lowe

Roses bloom for you (btw she never said this was going to be a shortened intro? Not sure where people got that)

Summer Bummer (?)

April 2017

Coachella - Woodstock in My Mind

Change

-------

Bartender

January 2018

Happiness (?)

Hope

Love song

Norman demo - hey, I heard you left town...

Love -

“We knew for a long time that ‘Love’ would the opening track, and ‘Lust For Life’ would be track two, and the picture of the new album emerged as we got more songs.” - Rick

Lust for Life -

“So basically, ‘Lust for Life’ was the first song I wrote for the record, but it was kind of a Rubik’s Cube. I felt like it was a big song but... it wasn’t right. I don’t usually go back and re-edit things that much, because the songs end up sort of being what they are, but this one song I kept going back to. I really liked the title. I liked the verse. John Janick was like, ‘Why don’t we just go over and see what Max Martin thinks?’ So, I flew to Sweden and showed him the song. He said that he felt really strongly that the best part was the verse and that he wanted to hear it more than once, so I should think about making it the chorus. So I went back to Rick Nowels’ place the next day and I was like, ‘Let’s try and make the verse the chorus,’ and we did, and it sounded perfect. That’s when I felt like I really wanted to hear Abel sing the chorus, so he came down and rewrote a little bit of it. But then I was feeling like it was missing a little bit of the Shangri-Las element, so I went back for a fourth time and layered it up with harmonies. Now I’m finally happy with it.”

Summer Bummer - whoever said that thing about Rick being less involved was right

“I wasn’t really involved with “Summer Bummer.” Lana went in the studio with Boi-1da and wrote that one. It’s a great addition to the album. I asked Zac Rae, who is a brilliant keyboard player and musical mind, to do some overdubs on it. We spent a few days with Boi-1da and T-Minus working on it together. I believe Rocky and Playboi Carti recorded their parts with Hector Delgado. That was one of the last songs written for the album.” - Rick Nowels

Groupie Love - Lana had 4 tracks she wanted to play for Rocky, played them for his producer Hector, who said he thought Rocky would like Groupie Love.

Played it for Rocky who loved it, then came down and did a verse. A couple months later he did a different verse. Then they changed the production a little bit for it to become "as you hear it now". "I was actually kind of nervous but that's one of the ones [Groupie Love] I felt changed last minute for the better"

““Groupie Love” was one of the early songs we wrote for the album. Lana had the idea to bring in A$AP Rocky. He’s a great guy; very smart and creative. His producer Hector Delgado came in too and did the beats on the song and co-produced it with us. It was a lot of fun being in the studio with them. They are super creative souls. - Rick Nowels

Coachella -

“And then “Coachella—Woodstock in My Mind” I wrote on my way home from Coachella when things were getting hostile between North Korea and the U.S., and all those failed missile launches, which happened the day after the first night of the festival.” - LDR

33 minutes ago, LBcita said:

A lot of this thread is speculation or people misremembering certain quotes so here’s a little timeline of things we know (mostly) for certain - fill it in w dates verified by reliable people or insiders lol

September 2015 - Lust for Life began the day she put out Honeymoon - Lana, KROQ Interview, 2017

"Work on the new album began in 2015, immediately after the completion of Honeymoon" - Kieron Menzies and Dean Reid interview, Sound on Sound

Lust for Life was the first song on the record per LDR to Courtney Love for Dazed

May/June/July/August (?) 2016 - 13 beaches experience

June 2016 - Love is finished enough to film a video

???

November 2016 - trump election

GBA

WWAWWKD - was written to women who might feel unsafe walking home like she felt "less safe" after the Trump election

January 2017 - women's marches, which GBA was written before

February 17, 2017 - Love posters, Love leak

February 18, 2017 - Love released early due to leak

March 2017 - Roses bloom for you written per first LDR IG post about it “this was a special one I wrote in March called 'Roses bloom for you’.”

April 17, 2017 - the Weekend after North Korea and Coachella that Lana wrote (and presumably recorded and produced) Coachella Woodstock In My Mind

Around this time Change was also presumably recorded given Lana's saying the lyrics “could be about North Korea”

April 22, 2017 - roughly around the time the album would be sent to printing presses for physical releases

Around this time Lana said the track listing changed a lot in "the last 3 months [before July 1st, 2017]"

Around this time - Yosemite is still on the tracklist according to Lana to Stevie Nicks during their V mag interview, it’s also played or sang for the interviewer for Elle Mag

May 13, 2017 - Coachella announced for release 4 days later

July 1st 2017 "final final mix was like not that long ago cause it changed right before we started printing it to vinyl - actually it changed a lot the mix"

July 21st, 2017 -  release day

Rough recording order -

September 2015

Lust for Life - first version

Love

Groupie Love (with original Rocky verse)

???

Summer 2016

13 beaches (experience that inspired the song happened then, presumably written and recorded around the time)

June 2016

Love video shoot

???

November 2016 (probably but this is a guess)

God Bless America

WWAWWKD

???

December 2016 (complete guess)

BPBP - Steve was in New York during this time on tour and she did her part for BPBP first with Rick at Electric Lady, so could have been then

???

January 2017

???

March 2017

Roses bloom for you (btw she never said this was going to be a shortened intro? Not sure where people got that)

Summer Bummer (?)

April 2017

Coachella - Woodstock in My Mind

Change

Love -

“We knew for a long time that ‘Love’ would the opening track, and ‘Lust For Life’ would be track two, and the picture of the new album emerged as we got more songs.” - Rick

Lust for Life -

“So basically, ‘Lust for Life’ was the first song I wrote for the record, but it was kind of a Rubik’s Cube. I felt like it was a big song but... it wasn’t right. I don’t usually go back and re-edit things that much, because the songs end up sort of being what they are, but this one song I kept going back to. I really liked the title. I liked the verse. John Janick was like, ‘Why don’t we just go over and see what Max Martin thinks?’ So, I flew to Sweden and showed him the song. He said that he felt really strongly that the best part was the verse and that he wanted to hear it more than once, so I should think about making it the chorus. So I went back to Rick Nowels’ place the next day and I was like, ‘Let’s try and make the verse the chorus,’ and we did, and it sounded perfect. That’s when I felt like I really wanted to hear Abel sing the chorus, so he came down and rewrote a little bit of it. But then I was feeling like it was missing a little bit of the Shangri-Las element, so I went back for a fourth time and layered it up with harmonies. Now I’m finally happy with it.”

Summer Bummer - whoever said that thing about Rick being less involved was right

“I wasn’t really involved with “Summer Bummer.” Lana went in the studio with Boi-1da and wrote that one. It’s a great addition to the album. I asked Zac Rae, who is a brilliant keyboard player and musical mind, to do some overdubs on it. We spent a few days with Boi-1da and T-Minus working on it together. I believe Rocky and Playboi Carti recorded their parts with Hector Delgado. That was one of the last songs written for the album.” - Rick Nowels

Groupie Love - Lana had 4 tracks she wanted to play for Rocky, played them for his producer Hector, who said he thought Rocky would like Groupie Love.

Played it for Rocky who loved it, then came down and did a verse. A couple months later he did a different verse. Then they changed the production a little bit for it to become "as you hear it now". "I was actually kind of nervous but that's one of the ones [Groupie Love] I felt changed last minute for the better"

““Groupie Love” was one of the early songs we wrote for the album. Lana had the idea to bring in A$AP Rocky. He’s a great guy; very smart and creative. His producer Hector Delgado came in too and did the beats on the song and co-produced it with us. It was a lot of fun being in the studio with them. They are super creative souls. - Rick Nowels

Coachella -

“And then “Coachella—Woodstock in My Mind” I wrote on my way home from Coachella when things were getting hostile between North Korea and the U.S., and all those failed missile launches, which happened the day after the first night of the festival.” - LDR

yeah literally the same people wrote in here and what is wrote in OP except u made mistakes in these
as far as we know the earliest date for love was from april 2016 and im quite sure not earlier than 2016 overall
change was done on june 8 and not earlier that date, the next day the record got sent to the label

and
tracklist change happened between may 26-june 8, when she axed best american record, yosemite and one unknown song and added change
we really dont have when stevie nicks and sean lennon joined the record but id assume it was after february 2017

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

40 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

yeah literally the same people wrote in here and what is wrote in OP except u made mistakes in these
as far as we know the earliest date for love was from april 2016 and im fairly sure not earlier than 2016 overall
change was done on june 8 and not earlier that date, the next day the record got sent to the label

and
tracklist change happened between may 26-june 8, when she axed best american record, yosemite and one unknown song and added change
we really dont have when stevie nicks and sean lennon joined the record but id assume it was after february 2017

except there's no possible way Change was recorded on June 8th because it takes 90 days to print to physical versions dumbass - that's just the day she uploaded snippet of the recording to instagram

it's also not that likely that Stevie Nicks recorded in New York AND then LA between February and April 2017 because she was in

Reno - Feb 23

Salt Lake City - Feb 25

San Diego - March 2

Tulsa - March 6

Memphis - March 8

Louisiana - March 10

Austin - March 12

New Orleans - March 15

and I don't feel like listing the rest but literally doing a show every other day until April 6th

lastly if Love was one of the earliest songs on the record and recorded after Lust for Life then it came between September 2015 and June 2016 which is what I wrote? and again, the tracklist was not changed past the end of April, because you could buy the album in stores on CDs July 21st 

this is consistent with the timeline I provided and the interviews she was giving around April being the last times she mentioned Yosemite as still being on the record (V mag and Elle...like I fucking said :-))))

how about you learn to fucking read, then you won't sound so stupid fuckface - also literally not the same bc half of what was written earlier was either made up or a clear misremembering of what people actually said which is why i...corrected it and for the likely guesses I said they were...guesses

lust for life stan no.1 my ass lmao shut the fuck up?? my gosh you became a stan in 2018...I was there when she was doing ig lives and posting lil vids from the recording process and following along w the interviews as they got released maybe sit this one out

Mod note: User was warned for this post.

Edited by That Venice Bitch

47 minutes ago, LBcita said:

except there's no possible way Change was recorded on June 8th because it takes 90 days to print to physical versions dumbass - that's just the day she uploaded snippet of the recording to instagram

it's also not that likely that Stevie Nicks recorded in New York AND then LA between February and April 2017 because she was in

Reno - Feb 23

Salt Lake City - Feb 25

San Diego - March 2

Tulsa - March 6

Memphis - March 8

Louisiana - March 10

Austin - March 12

New Orleans - March 15

and I don't feel like listing the rest but literally doing a show every other day until April 6th

lastly if Love was one of the earliest songs on the record and recorded after Lust for Life then it came between September 2015 and June 2016 which is what I wrote? and again, the tracklist was not changed past the end of April, because you could buy the album in stores on CDs July 21st 

this is consistent with the timeline I provided and the interviews she was giving around April being the last times she mentioned Yosemite as still being on the record (V mag and Elle...like I fucking said :-))))

how about you learn to fucking read, then you won't sound so stupid fuckface - also literally not the same bc half of what was written earlier was either made up or a clear misremembering of what people actually said which is why i...corrected it and for the likely guesses I said they were...guesses

lust for life stan no.1 my ass lmao shut the fuck up?? my gosh you became a stan in 2018...I was there when she was doing ig lives and posting lil vids from the recording process and following along w the interviews as they got released maybe sit this one out

ew u are so wrong and loud and not really welcome here with ur spreading missinformation 
why did u need to say everything that already was on this page and interpret that in a wrong way

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

34 minutes ago, LBcita said:

Reno - Feb 23

Salt Lake City - Feb 25

San Diego - March 2

Tulsa - March 6

Memphis - March 8

Louisiana - March 10

Austin - March 12

New Orleans - March 15

PLEASE  :thumb3:

Slay ig

31 minutes ago, LBcita said:

it takes 90 days to print to physical versions dumbass 

how about you learn to fucking read, then you won't sound so stupid fuckface 

IMG-9869.gif

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

27 minutes ago, Dior said:

Interesting there's a version of the title track where the chorus is the verse 

It's thanks to Max Martin who suggested the take off all ur clothes could be a catchy chorus.. the original version with the verse being take off all ur clothes is the original Rick version 

35 minutes ago, LBcita said:

Reno - Feb 23

Salt Lake City - Feb 25

San Diego - March 2

Tulsa - March 6

Memphis - March 8

Louisiana - March 10

Austin - March 12

New Orleans - March 15

Girl you need to chill out! Nobody is giving you a medal for getting the timeline right. Just make your post and let the users decide for themselves. 

Just now, fl0r1dakil0s said:

It's thanks to Max Martin who suggested the take off all ur clothes could be a catchy chorus.. the original version with the verse being take off all ur clothes is the original Rick version 

Hi, can you link me to that version, thanks.

43 minutes ago, LBcita said:

i- 

did you not have any second thoughts when hitting “submit reply”

6 minutes ago, Dior said:

Girl you need to chill out! Nobody is giving you a medal for getting the timeline right. Just make your post and let the users decide for themselves. 

Hi, can you link me to that version, thanks.

I don't know if this is day 1 OG but it's close to that version at least

Just now, cinnamongirI said:

i- 

did you not have any second thoughts when hitting “submit reply”

I had thoughts back to buying the album on July 21st and then Lana talking about her annoyance with the time it takes to print to vinyl and then the difference in streaming fuck it I love you and the vinyl I got...then I hit send

56 minutes ago, LBcita said:

Hence why the vinyl to Lust for Life had only arrived earliest September 29, 2017 when the record itself has been released 2 months before digitally… because of the final changing/mixes of the later songs and recording change that the vinyl came out very late