Embach

"Norman Fucking Rockwell" & "Chemtrails Over The Country Club" Album Recording/Writing Timeline + Creative Process Discussion

2 hours ago, wilting daisy said:

deluxe tracks don't count. even lana said her albums end with the last standard track

i strictly only listen to uv deluxe because it’s not the same without deluxe tracks 

aka, btd & uv say hi

aka has 13 so one less than 14

btd has 15 incl deluxe

uv has 16 incl deluxe + japan/target + itunes

whats your point?

deluxe tracks don't count. even lana said her albums end with the last standard track

if they dont count then why are they even released in the first place? idgi

For some artists the deluxe is just bonus stuff meant to get more sales.. this is normally when it has demos or acoustics attached, or songs that are obviously lesser quality

and for some artists the deluxe is the true vision of the album, cutting the tracks on the standard in order to repackage later and get more sales

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

53 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Deluxe editions are basically the modern version of bsides on cd singles and are an incentive for the fans to buy more copies of the album. 

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm

I never listen to albums as standards, sorry. I can't imagine listening to UV without Is This Happiness :trisha: for me full album is an album with all tracks, I don't care if it's a deluxe or bonus track. 

url%5D

12 hours ago, The Siren said:

they were released as bonus tracks. as in extra. as in not apart of the proper album. is this a new concept for you people? standard editions of albums are complete. bonus tracks are just extra songs that didn't make the cut that are released to boost sales.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

11 hours ago, peachlipgloss said:

i strictly only listen to uv deluxe because it’s not the same without deluxe tracks 

that's fine but the album is still complete before the bonus tracks. 

10 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

For some artists the deluxe is just bonus stuff meant to get more sales.. this is normally when it has demos or acoustics attached, or songs that are obviously lesser quality

and for some artists the deluxe is the true vision of the album, cutting the tracks on the standard in order to repackage later and get more sales

yeah some artists do consider the seluxe versions the complete album but for lana specifically, she has even stated her albums end with the final standard track.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

2 hours ago, Candy Necklace said:

I wonder if there’s trap mixes of any other NFR song since we know that’s where Taco Truck x VB originated and Jimmy

In an alternate universe NFR! is called Venice Bitch and it is a trap album and the cover is that one photo of her on a Bird Scooter 

14 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't want to live in a world where flipside isn't the closing track of ultraviolence :eartha2: :true: 

its truly the perfect closer. The guitars, her vocals, the lyrics!!!!! The perfect somber goodbye to a beautiful album

and this is coming from someone who ADORES the other woman. Her best cover 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

i do agree that the bonus tracks of some albums i've listened to can sometimes feel like they're there to just boost sales, because those songs usually aren't on par with the rest of the standard edition, but for me uv deluxe tracks seem to expand on the album's concept and sound more, i just could not imagine uv without those last songs... :smile4:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

9 hours ago, Dior said:

Crazy Husband Stealer, I somewhat agree. That comment has always sounded like a dig at her label.

I think she was pissed that they tried to block the releases of songs she was passionate about. They cockblocked the release of Cola before and they hated Dan A.'s version of West Coast (and his version of the album in general), hence the release of the demo as "radio mix".

Instead, they pushed for Paul Epworth to be the main producer of the album. They also wanted Black Beauty as a single. Lana, as petty as she was at that point, scrapped Black Beauty from the tracklist and banished it onto the deluxe version. I think this was the only instance where she willingly excluded certain songs from "infesting" the main album and she definitely did it out of spite. This is probably why she said what she said about deluxe versions. Interscope released Black Beauty as the ONLY other proper single aside from West Coast without her consent, I believe.

Lana gave up on the era when they kept her from releasing the Ultraviolence video and did no further promotion. I also think that the same video was going to feature Brooklyn Baby. (Both songs had entire remix EPs commissioned that were scrapped almost entirely and the Ultraviolence video is split into two parts.)

She was highkey depressed at that point and probably negotiated a “minimal promo" deal with her label and her managers' help. That’s why the Honeymoon era was so lowkey and why she got slightly chubby at that time. She was on anti-depressants and definitely asked to take a bit of a break from touring and shooting videos (all of the videos were recycled or rather simplistic without too much going on essentially). With Lust for Life it seems she got back on track again, mentally and was very eager to do more promo again. The album's reception was probably what threw her off again.

5 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

What songs were actually created for Chemtrails? Was it just…

- White Dress

- Chemtrails Over The Country Club 

-Tulsa Jesus Freak

- Dance Till We Die 

- Loved You Then And Now   

I don’t think TJF was made specifically made for Chemtrails