hotshot2am

Lust for Life Anniversary Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl Repress

2 hours ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

This topic is just reminding me how off the mock-up was for UO NFR vinyl too.. dusky pink and it turned out hot pink :oop2:

Am I being stupid.. or does this mean you won’t be able to differentiate on first/second press if they are sealed? 

2 hours ago, Olympia said:

That's what I wonder about, too. I find it hard to imagine it will really have the same barcode. But it's possible for sure. I'd prefer a different one though, I hate these editions looking different but sharing the same code, so if there are not any stickers like "made in Canada" for Chemtrails on it, you can only tell the difference by the vinyl color. Very hard to get the right edition on discogs etc. then. 

Barcode is 00602557655018 which is the same as the old one. You might have to remove the leading zeros, depending on where you look it up.

1 hour ago, hotshot2am said:

Barcode is 00602557655018 which is the same as the old one. You might have to remove the leading zeros, depending on where you look it up.

Pity, thanks! At least it won't be rare so everyone active now can order directly, but for those ordering it in a year from resellers it might be difficult to get the right edition. 

8 minutes ago, x VB said:

Are we expecting a Violet Bent Backwards repress on the 28th? :smokes3:

Maybe the UO exclusive (light blue)?

They still have special editions in stock on some of her websites, I can hardly imagine it. 

Btw:

Screenshot-20230722-153846-com-ecosia-an

It was expensive watch it 

9 minutes ago, Olympia said:

They still have special editions in stock on some of her websites, I can hardly imagine it. 

But only the UK store has a colored variant, which is the cream one, and it's sold out :oopna:

https://uk.shoplanadelrey.com/collections/violet-bent-backwards-over-the-grass/products/violet-bent-backwards-over-the-grass-cream-vinyl-store-exclusive

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

4 minutes ago, x VB said:

OK, thanks, didn't know it was sold out. However, I still saw the picture disc and cream disc in a few shops not too long ago, so I supposed it's still around. 

(maybe it's still up somewhere hidden from the main page) 

5 hours ago, Venicebiatch69 said:

would now be a good time to sell my original UO red honeymoon vinyl? :oic2:

Most definitely.. cos I’m already of the opinion I won’t buy it until I at least know if it will be repressed or not haha 

3 hours ago, x VB said:

Which was rarer? The cream, green or blue?

I have the blue 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

9 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Most definitely.. cos I’m already of the opinion I won’t buy it until I at least know if it will be repressed or not haha 

I have the blue 

Maybe the blue but I wouldn't consider any of the variants "rare"

The legacy

8 minutes ago, x VB said:

I didn’t think any were rare as such, I was just wondering the amount of pressings? Were they all sold in multiple countries? I felt like blue seemed very common in USA but less so in uk 

S0F1O.gif

27 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I have the blue 

From "rarest" to least "rare" would be: green, blue, cream, black. I have all four. Plus, the book, CD and cassette. The last one I need is the clear vinyl. That one is actually rare.

8 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I didn’t think any were rare as such, I was just wondering the amount of pressings? Were they all sold in multiple countries? I felt like blue seemed very common in USA but less so in uk 

The cream one then. Is UO so popular in the US?

The legacy

7 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Looking at how many people on Discogs have added them to their collections, I would guess the cream and blue have about 3k-4k made, and the green one about 5k.

20 minutes ago, x VB said:

just the transparent made in canada variant of the "cream" that I will NEVER OWN :icant:

3 hours ago, Olympia said:

OK, thanks, didn't know it was sold out. However, I still saw the picture disc and cream disc in a few shops not too long ago, so I supposed it's still around. 

(maybe it's still up somewhere hidden from the main page) 

The picture disc is still for sale on the US Interscope website. They still have 85 copies. The cream was still in stock within in the past few months but it's finally sold out.

https://store.interscope.com/collections/lana-del-rey/products/violet-bent-backwards-over-the-grass-picture-disc

Just now, rosemead ramada said:

Looking at how many people on Discogs have added them to their collections, I would guess the cream and blue have about 3k-4k made, and the green one about 5k.

just the transparent made in canada variant of the "cream" that I will NEVER OWN :icant:

The picture disc is still for sale on the US Interscope website. They still have 85 copies. The cream was still in stock within in the past few months but it's finally sold out.

https://store.interscope.com/collections/lana-del-rey/products/violet-bent-backwards-over-the-grass-picture-disc

Oh yeah definitely that one

The legacy

So is the clear a glitch (not sure how to word it haha!!), were there a very limited accidentally pressed this colour? I suppose that would make them very hard to find!

9 minutes ago, Got A War In My Mind said:

From "rarest" to least "rare" would be: green, blue, cream, black. I have all four. Plus, the book, CD and cassette. The last one I need is the clear vinyl. That one is actually rare.

Oh really the green! That’s interesting! I saw that one on resale quite often! I went with the blue purely cos it’s a lovely shade :flutter: I try to limit myself to one version of album artwork! 

S0F1O.gif

1 minute ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

So is the clear a glitch (not sure how to word it haha!!), were there a very limited accidentally pressed this colour? I suppose that would make them very hard to find!

I don't think it was ever really confirmed, but yeah it was almost certainly a factory manufacturing error.  There's probably only a few hundred in existence. It might very well be her rarest record altogether

AND I NEED IT

I’m just kinda wondering why they couldn’t have started production on this in time for it to actually start shipping near the LFL anniversary…like was this a last minute decision? 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

1 hour ago, Got A War In My Mind said:

the clear one was actually a wrong pressing tho right?
That's what I was told when I bought it and received a second cream one instead. 

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 𝑤𝚑𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝚑𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

4f630a5930678baafabe4bcd583b9d1f.jpg

25 minutes ago, Lanaspoisonivy said:

the clear one was actually a wrong pressing tho right?
That's what I was told when I bought it and received a second cream one instead. 

Yes it was ment to be cream

The legacy

About VBBOTG

I am not sure if I remember correctly, but didn't they change the title to "clear" for a while after they remarked the mistake, and then changed it back but still selling cream ones as clear? I think lucky me got the last clear copy available, because I insisted in an email on getting the clear one as advertised, reading about people having ordered clear but getting cream. 

Update: just read my comment on discogs, my memory was right: 

29. Jan. 2021

Take care - they have replaced description and picture in the shop again - now the "transparent" description is gone and the picture shows a white vinyl again..