Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

16 hours ago, Vertimus said:

I agree; in the past, say, in the 50s and 60s, poetry, with or without backing music, and spoken word 'albums' by people like Jack Kerouac, Edith Sitwell, or Carl Sandburg were considered albums. The same with comedy albums by Bob Newhart, Woody Allen, or Nichols & May, and in the 70s, Cheech & Chong and George Carlin. 

The problem is not whether a poetry album is an album  or not, but simply distinguishing Lana's music albums from her poetry album(s).  

I think it's correct to say, if you're counting Paradise as an album, as I do, that Lana has 9 music albums, or just 'Lana has 9 albums, and 1 poetry album.' 

Now, why would you count Paradise as an album when it says EP on it? 

Lana has 9 music albums, one of which is a spoken word album. That's why OB has "9th album" on the cover. She doesn't mean Paradise since it's an EP, she doesn't mean AKA because it never got released properly and you can't even find it on iTunes. She means OB, BB, CC, Violet, NFR, LFL, HM, UV, BTD - nine.

She also has an EP (Paradise) and some unreleased albums and EP under different names.

25 minutes ago, barttttender said:

The problem is that it IS A SPOKEN WORD ALBUM. Lana herself referred to it as an ALBUM. Google and the world of the internet at large has classified it as an ALBUM. Yet some twats out there still don't think it's an album or are debating it. What fresh hell.

it’s album but it’s not music album so there’s no need to consider it while counting all music albums not to mess things up what’s bad

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

22 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

it’s album but it’s not music album so there’s no need to consider it while counting all music albums not to mess things up what’s bad

Okay, well, that's your choice. Think of it any which way you like.

But facts are facts. And the artists herself has spoken.

25 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

But it is a music album! There’s instrumental production in every track (therefore it’s not just an audiobook) and it also had a single available in every streaming services! Just because it’s a spoken word album doesn’t mean it isn’t a music album 

6 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Okay, well, that's your choice. Think of it any which way you like.

But facts are facts. And the artists herself has spoken.

i think lana ONLY consider this as her album and it just goes without saying that all who would count her albums wouldn’t count that one because… it’s weird 

2 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

But it is a music album! There’s instrumental production in every track (therefore it’s not just an audiobook) and it also had a single available in every streaming services! Just because it’s a spoken word album doesn’t mean it isn’t a music album 

if you to be such a nerd then yes sure it’s music album:brigitte: but in fact it’s still poetry in everybody’s minds and more like addition in between albums

59 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

i think lana ONLY consider this as her album and it just goes without saying that all who would count her albums wouldn’t count that one because… it’s weird 

if you to be such a nerd then yes sure it’s music album:brigitte: but in fact it’s still poetry in everybody’s minds and more like addition in between albums

I'm not being a nerd. I'm just not going to discredit a spoken word album just because it's not a basic bitch music album. Spoken word albums (especially ones produced by Jack Antonoff) deserve to be counted. Also, respect Lana's opinion about her own body of work, damn it

2 minutes ago, barttttender said:

I'm not being a nerd. I'm just not going to discredit a spoken word album just because it's not a basic bitch music album. Spoken word albums (especially ones produced by Jack Antonoff) deserve to be counted. Also, respect Lana's opinion about her own body of work, damn it

okay not lana only, that makes both of u:oprah3:

7 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

:true:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

LDR10 Pre-Pre-Release Thread bingo: talking about the order of LDR's albums

Now I made a thread for this topic, feel free to discuss about it there, not here, let's not make a mess because of this:

url%5D

The primary purpose of Violet is poetry, not music, and the music is 'background' music, as it was when poetry albums first came into being in the 50s, like those of Jack Kerouac and Kenneth Patchen. Sometimes there was a musical accompaniment, and sometimes not. There's a long history of such recordings. Carl Sandburg accompanied himself on guitar while he recited his work. If music were the primary purpose of Violet, then of course it would be one of Lana's music albums. That's how I see it. 

16 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i'm sorry but this has got to be one of the most boring and obnoxious topics of discussion/debates on lanaboards :brigitte:

right like who really gives a fuck 😭 it does not matter in the slightest can everybody just shut uuuup

11 hours ago, barttttender said:

Now, why would you count Paradise as an album when it says EP on it? 

Lana has 9 music albums, one of which is a spoken word album. That's why OB has "9th album" on the cover. She doesn't mean Paradise since it's an EP, she doesn't mean AKA because it never got released properly and you can't even find it on iTunes. She means OB, BB, CC, Violet, NFR, LFL, HM, UV, BTD - nine.

She also has an EP (Paradise) and some unreleased albums and EP under different names.

g7jikmmqycj91.jpg

She included paradise as an album, not violet, or she would write “10th album”, End of discussion.

On 11/14/2023 at 3:08 PM, taco truck said:

we are definitely getting a country album andi have to say i am seated:yayaya:

Any evidence for that tho?

~I do admit when I called your other bitch I told a little lie~

Lana Del Rey reveals 'Ultraviolence' video | NBHAP