Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

jack has literally said that the female artists he works with write all their songs pretty much on their own and he's just there to help bring those ideas to life. but people love giving a man credit for a woman's work. its a tale as old as time. :agree:

Yeah this video explains it well

url%5D

57 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

lana saw y'all complaining about piano ballads and said hmmm y'know what these hoes deserve? anothwr piano ballad! :hottie:

If that was really the case, she would be working on a country album just to spite :hottie:

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

If that was really the case, she would be working on a country album just to spite :hottie:

The way she probably actually is working on a country album :omfg2:

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

The way she probably actually is working on a country album :omfg2:

Honestly hope she is, her cover of Stand by Your Man is amazing, and I genuinely like when she's being a road dog with Nikki Lane. :creepna3:

HIGHLY EXCLUSIVE LEAKED VINYL VARIENT COLORS YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

Vinyl 1: Black (Standard Vinyl)

Vinyl 2: Teal (Slightly More Expensive Standard Vinyl)

Vinyl 3: Pastel Pink, Blue, And Yellow Swirl (Dairy Queen Exclusive) [Features Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight (10 Minute Version) [From The Vault] As A Hidden Bonus Track]

Vinyl 4: McDonald's Hi-C Orange (McDonald's Exclusive) [Comes With Any Limited-Time Lana Del Rey Meal] 

Vinyl 5: Completely Transparent (First Of It's Kind!)

Vinyl 6: Red Splatter (Tampax Exclusive)

Vinyl 7: Chocolate Brown (Actually Made Out Of Chocolate) [5 Randomly Selected Vinyls Will Include A Golden Ticket, Purchase For A Chance To Visit Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory!]

Vinyl 8: Picture Disk #1 (The Album Cover)

Vinyl 9: Picture Disk #2 (A Photo Of The Inside Of A Litter Box)

Vinyl 10: Picture Disk #3 (A Photo Of Charlie's Top-Secret Webkinz Collection) [Soon To Be Featured In The Guinness World Record Book 2024!]

WGe8ynS.gif

6 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Honestly hope she is, her cover of Stand by Your Man is amazing, and I genuinely like when she's being a road dog with Nikki Lane. :creepna3:

Agreed! Lana delivering an old-school country album with her own dark twist could be exquisite :true:

30 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

jack has literally said that the female artists he works with write all their songs pretty much on their own and he's just there to help bring those ideas to life. but people love giving a man credit for a woman's work. its a tale as old as time. :agree:

period. the producers are there to polish up a line, toss out an idea for a melody but by no means do they contribute that much to the lyrics. all of lana’s songs are 99% her words sometimes 100%. i don’t know why people want to credit men this badly as if it’s 50% lana 50% jack or 50% lana 50% rick or whoever else. with taylor she’s fully writing her songs too, even her pop hits, and again the producers will clean things up but there’s no man writing a majority of lana’s or taylor’s songs :rip: delulu thinking  

like you can see here taylor will have an idea for a line but maybe isn’t sure how the melody should be, then the producer helps. but they still aren’t the ones writing whole verses 💀 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

14 minutes ago, West Coast said:

seriously her country covers are the best. stand by your man ate and back in her lizzy days she really rocked both the end of the world and the happiest girl in the whole usa. and the cluple seconds we got of country roads was breathtaking. then the country songs she wrote with nikki were great too. i would die for a stufio version of the prettiest girl in country music. i would seriously be here for a country album. and if she does do a country album, i'm really hoping a studio version of her stand by your man covwr makea the tracklist

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

Old school country hits so much differently than modern stuff. I eventually started appreciating bluegrass and other more, "outside the genre" of modern popular country after listening to the grateful dead and their offshoots.  

What would something like, psychedelic country surf rock sound like? 

honestly same energy as people blaming jack antonoff for lana's change in sound (which is hardly recent by now), wildflower wildfire is primarily a piano ballad and it was produced by mike dean of all people, that should prove that it doesn't matter who the producer is, if lana wants a particular sound, she will go for that sound, and although you may not like how jack antonoff's production sounds, lana's still choosing to work with him and obviously likes his sound, so... it all comes back to lana

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

What I'm getting from a lot of your posts is that we should stop commenting on her music altogether or giving out opinions about our likes and dislikes.

I think it's important that if you want to talk about what you dislike, you should at least try to make an effort to do it in a compassionate or empathetic way. She seems like one of the nicest, down to earth musicians to her fans and it's the right thing to do to show her the same respect or appreciation.