Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, Embach said:

Omg this, I miss him so much, my brain exploded into pieces when I found out that he did strings for COTCC. They're still friends :')

his orchestral production is some of my favourite work honestly :legend:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

2 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Absolutely. Anything other than selling out for some radio hit that Lana never chased to begin with. If she wanted to be a pop girl, she would be one with ease. She’s more concerned with laying the groundwork for a legacy big enough to inspire her contemporaries and future generations to come. 

absolutely! i'll take anything that's filled with classic lana-isms and her genuine, authentic style of songwriting. i could use the song Kintsugi as an example - it's so heartbreaking that i find it hard to listen to on a regular basis, but when i do i'm floored by how beautiful and eloquent it is, so i'm glad that song exists and that we got to hear it. can i pop my pussy to it? no! but i still love it! on the other end of the spectrum, Summer Bummer is probably one of lana's most mainstream sounding or radio friendly songs, yet it's one of my faves because while it's fun and light hearted it still retains the lana vibe with the creeping, ominous piano at the start, the imagery ("white lines and black beaches and blood red sangria" is just so, so, SO lana del rey hahaha) and it doesn't feel like lana selling out, just lana dipping her toes more fully into the trap/hip-hop sound that's been present since her debut. Doin Time got a bunch of radio play, and even though it's a cover it still feels true to lana's vibe - it would fit right in on an album filled with You Can Be The Boss / Us Against The World / Hundred Dollar Bill type tracks. and yet, Video Games was lana's breakout hit, which is undeniably a ballad! so i think it goes to show that authenticity prevails, so there's no need to even focus on making hits or chasing radio play. if it happens, it happens! if not, then not! like many here i couldn't care less about chart or radio numbers for lana - i have faith that whatever comes next will be interesting and enjoyable, so long as lana trusts in her artistic instincts and surrenders to the whim of her muse :heart:

(christ i can really waffle on cant i :toofloppy:)

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Just now, ultrabanisters said:

his orchestral production is some of my favourite work honestly :legend:

The score for Tropico :cumming2:

His remixes or versions of Young & Beautiful and West Coast are still godly :crying5:

url%5D

1 minute ago, daphnedinkley said:

absolutely! i'll take anything that's filled with classic lana-isms and her genuine, authentic style of songwriting. i could use the song Kintsugi as an example - it's so heartbreaking that i find it hard to listen to on a regular basis, but when i do i'm floored by how beautiful and eloquent it is, so i'm glad that song exists and that we got to hear it. can i pop my pussy to it? no! but i still love it! on the other end of the spectrum, Summer Bummer is probably one of lana's most mainstream sounding or radio friendly songs, yet it's one of my faves because while it's fun and light hearted it still retains the lana vibe with the creeping, ominous piano at the start, the imagery ("white lines and black beaches and blood red sangria" is just so, so, SO lana del rey hahaha) and it doesn't feel like lana selling out, just lana dipping her toes more fully into the trap/hip-hop sound that's been present since her debut. Doin Time got a bunch of radio play, and even though it's a cover it still feels true to lana's vibe - it would fit right in on an album filled with You Can Be The Boss / Us Against The World / Hundred Dollar Bill type tracks. and yet, Video Games was lana's breakout hit, which is undeniably a ballad! so i think it goes to show that authenticity prevails, so there's no need to even focus on making hits or chasing radio play. if it happens, it happens! if not, then not! like many here i couldn't care less about chart or radio numbers for lana - i have faith that whatever comes next will be interesting and enjoyable, so long as lana trusts in her artistic instincts and surrenders to the whim of her muse :heart:

(christ i can really waffle on cant i :toofloppy:)

Beautiful post!

IMG-1607.jpg

Idk why people assume that radio mainstream chart hits are pop bops because like billboard hot 100 chart's top 3 are like country songs (these top 3 songs are trash tho) :smile3: these days the boundaries between mainstream and non-mainstream are really fluid, any kind of song can top the charts honestly

So I mean, if Lana did heavy promo, all of her songs could've been in top 10 charts but she doesn't want that and I respect her choice. It's not her thing, let her do art and poetry :heart:

url%5D

14 minutes ago, Embach said:

Idk why people assume that radio mainstream chart hits are pop bops because like billboard hot 100 chart's top 3 are like country songs (these top 3 songs are trash tho) :smile3: these days the boundaries between mainstream and non-mainstream are really fluid, any kind of song can top the charts honestly

So I mean, if Lana did heavy promo, all of her songs could've been in top 10 charts but she doesn't want that and I respect her choice. It's not her thing, let her do art and poetry :heart:

so real. If there was BIG budget promo I have no doubt peppers would’ve been top 10 that song is fireeee

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

I want this +  her "conversational / wordy" songwriting 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

we still need a full summer surf beachy album kinda like what nfr was shaping up to be but really wasn't in the end... give me nothing but marine water guitars and drums please

45 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

I want this +  her "conversational / wordy" songwriting 

Not me reading controversial at first :mj3:

url%5D

1 hour ago, Sportscruiser said:

I want a full album with saxophones in every fucking song :flutter:

I was thinking about that last night that she never has horns in her songs besides the outro for mustang and some others. 

Horns are hard to incorporate unless it's a specific type of song or style and they really take over a lot of the volume and bandwidth of a song. 

how do you pull it off live with a band that doesn't have any horns?

Using a back track for it might sound out of place. 

Does she have songs with horns in the middle of the song? 

15 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

The delusion of thinking that Peppers - a song that consists of asynchronous layered harmonies and babbling for one third of its runtime - could have been a charts track 💀

the only song ive actually heard numerous times on the radio and elsewhere is the shortened version of a&w. with promotion and intent that song couldve been even bigger imo

even my non lana friends knew the song, atleast here

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

1 minute ago, ultrabanisters said:

the only song ive actually heard numerous times on the radio and elsewhere is the shortened version of a&w. with promotion and intent that song couldve been even bigger imo

even my non lana friends knew the song, atleast here

Wow. Where is that, what radio station, if you don't mind? 

I've heard doin time a whole lot on the radio. 

But nothing else since like a decade ago. 

One potwntial thing that's often overlooked from her stripped back type ballads and such, is, you can always remix it, and add whatever type of dance beat you want, which is much easier to do with songs that have minimal background. Although with today's tech you can strip out parts of complex overlapping arrangements somewhat easily.

So if you want a dance "bop". Get yourself Ableton and start remixing some dance tracks. 

Say yes to heaven is being played by a few house type djs right now. 

I've just started following this whole scene and never really looked into pop artists music scenes, but one thing I've noticed, is a lot of people's critiques are more, i dunno, Pretty mean, or callous.

In the other bands fan groups I follow, they aren't as callous as some folks comments I see in pop artist critique. 

Y'all should try to be nicer. If you are critiquing her art, try to picture what you are saying if you were saying it to her directly. Would you be like, "oh hun, most of your ballads just don't do it for me;" To her face? 

Just try to have a little compassion. I started following these fan groups around cyber space, and I couldn't believe how mean and callous they were being and they are her fans. It's really hard taking critique as an artist.  

Edited: I guess it doesn't matter so much if she doesn't read this stuff. But if I was her and started reading some of this stuff, I would stop reading it pretty quickly. 

10 hours ago, barttttender said:

Like, just don't release the record until you have a bop the kids can shake their booty to. Just like High by the Beach was added last minute. I'm all for creativity, but this is a business decision.

And if you can't write one yourself, hire someone to do it. Look at what Unholy did for Sam Smith, on an album otherwise swamped with ballads.

i've realized you're a troll so thwre's no point in replying to you but i can't help myself bc what you say is just so stupid. lana doesn't have big hits, but she definitely doesn't need help. she gets plenty of streams and all her albums sell insanely well. she's not a singles artist, she's an album artist and she has a loyal fanbase who are emotionally invested in her art so she doesn't need to have hit singles to get people interested in her music. joan baez and bob dylan didn't have a lot of big singles but they have more of an artistic legacy than lots of the artists that did top the charts. society is gonna remmber lana more fondly than all the faceless popstars selling thwir souls for number 1 singles for the lowest iq people to enjoy for 15 minutes before moving onto something else. and idk how you can think lana needs someone else to write songs for her to get a hit. if she wanted a hit, she could clearly write one herself. and one that's way better than garbage like unholy. she's written plenty of hits before plus she has a large selection of unreleased pop songs that constantly go viral. the thing is tho that lana doesn't care to have a hit and would rather release music that shw wants to make. and the fact that the music she wants to make is still insanely successful shows she doesn't need business advice from nobodies on thw internet who think they know better than her. at this point in her career she's popular with the gp and thw critics and has still maintained her hardcore fanbase which just keeps getting bigger and bigger. she's one of the top streamed female artists and plays sold out shows. not to mention she sells physical albums better than almost anyone else out there. what more do you want from her? do you want her to be taylor swift or beyonce? bc she seems happy with the success level she has and might even prefer a slightly smaller level of fame at this point. like there's plenty of artists doing what you want her to do and since you're never happy with anything she does, why are you even here? go listen to like ariana grande or somwthing. clearly you'll be happier. but i get the impression you just want to complain and probably feel somw sort of pride from having people disagree with you bc you obviously nevwr got hugged enough as a child.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

oh barttttender they’re gagging you in the LDR10 pre-pre-release thread.. :air:

i don’t know why we still complain about there not being any bops in her albums when her albums now are not designed to be full of bops.. and then when she puts bops it’s not enough or it doesn’t meet your standards. ever since btd, the stories in her albums have gotten deeper and deeper and it would be just odd to have a beat in the background. and also suggesting that lana should hire another songwriter to a write a hit for her would send lana into a fit if she saw that, just knowing how strong she feels about being the only one to write her songs