Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Anyways :awkney2:

What do you think about the idea of I Talk To Jesus (possibly re-recorded) being on the album? Didn't one of the studio guys from Alabama like a comment about ITTJ? :hillary:

url%5D

11 hours ago, Jared said:

Whatever my sins may be, at least I don't beg Lana to dumb herself down and make mid pop music. 

200w.gif?cid=790b7611mlrw4rg01rp6p254e6o

I truly don't know what's worse between that and working with the same mid producer ad nauseam since 2019. 

200w.gif?cid=790b7611mlrw4rg01rp6p254e6o

Jack has won producer of the year, two years in a row. I can tell you as a person who knows quite a bit about music production, that he is a very good producer, and pays attention to details that most producers don't. 

3 minutes ago, Rivers said:

Jack has won producer of the year, two years in a row. I can tell you as a person who knows quite a bit about music production, that he is a very good producer, and pays attention to details that most producers don't. 

Yet still almost everything he did with Lana after NFR are non-committing, muddy sounding songs that sound like Solar Power 

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

2 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

I can't believe you guys are still complaining about jack :awkney: get a job 

This kind of commentary is camp considering she was literally in the studio with him yesterday.

21 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Yet still almost everything he did with Lana after NFR are non-committing, muddy sounding songs that sound like Solar Power 

That has sometimes kinda been her schtick. Maybe that was her idea? 

I don't think it's necessarily or always bad. 

I saw she was singing into like a Shure beta 58 which is like a mid quality live performance mic at Jon's place, with no sound dampening. Which is why that song may have not sounded very crisp. 

Jon is more of a performance artist than a producer. 

19 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

OB is top 3  in her discog. 

And Chem had gems. I don't think Rick can make chem title track.

I find it almost fascinating how some people on this website try to act high and mighty whenever Jack Antonoff is brought up. Like, until proven otherwise, she will be working with him for the foreseeable future... so we're kinda bound to talk about their artistic relationship in any way, shape or form?? :um3:

There is nothing wrong with wanting Lana to venture out to her comfort zone. People have talked in length about how Lana has evolved, and is evolving as an artist and how important that is. But working with the same people for several album is hardly artistic growth. A little cognitive dissonance moment. :creepna3:

13 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I find it almost fascinating how some people on this website try to act high and mighty whenever Jack Antonoff is brought up. Like, until proven otherwise, she will be working with him for the foreseeable future... so we're kinda bound to talk about their artistic relationship in any way, shape or form?? :um3:

There is nothing wrong with wanting Lana to venture out to her comfort zone. People have talked in length about how Lana has evolved, and is evolving as an artist and how important that is. But working with the same people for several album cycles doesn't really fit in that, sorry. A little cognitive dissonance moment. :creepna3:

the question here is that she already worked with different people and almost no one talks about that. she got out of her confort zone on Ocean Blvd and some people here pretend that never happened. the hate train is always on jack and jack only, for what? he's a good producer and a good friend of Lana, that's all that matters :true:

10 minutes ago, West Coast said:

working with the same people for several album is hardly artistic growth.

Finding a producer you click and vibe with is hard.

Also a lot of producers are fxcking weird, big heads, kinda dxcks, creepy, over bearing, rude, etc...

6 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

the question here is that she already worked with different people and almost no one recognizes that. she got out of her confort zone on Ocean Blvd and some people here pretend that never happened. the hate train is always on jack and jack only, for what? he's a good producer and a good friend of Lana, that's all that matters :true:

Well love that for her actually, doesn't mean everything they do together is fire though. She hardly got out of her comfort zone on DYKTTATUB though, while I think it's one of her best and most beautiful album it was very much a medley of her past four projects (Violet included). It was done very well, but it's definitely not the boundary pushing project you're describing.

i just got here but can we all shut up 😍 it doesnt matter. im sure lana will also be collaborating with other producers besides jack for this album just like she did with CN. jack has produced some of lana’s career highlights n will continue to do so im sure. its on lana to approve of the sound anyways n make it what SHE wants it to be. lets just all collectively get over it :toofunny:

i want her to switch it up too but i think lana found her niche n will continue to stick with it and experiment here n there

I hate to say it but 

Spoiler

I feel like if Jack were conventionally hot and hunky, there would be a lot less discourse around him 

Don't quote me. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Some of you Lana fans are so demanding, and hyper critical. If one didn't have the ability to tune it out, it could cause an artist to meltdown or hit analysis paralysis trying to please everyone.