Ultra Violet

Israel-Palestine conflict (Israel-Hamas war)

On 11/28/2023 at 7:22 AM, Veinsineon said:

I don’t support Hamas but I also refuse to see them as an extremist entity like the Islamic Jihad. We can’t say they’re the same here. That’s why a distinction was made on Oct 7th in the first place. Resistance =\= Terrorism.

Um no.. Hamas are absolutely and unequivocally terrorists.. there isn't really any way to question their extremism, they literally have babies (one is 10 months old) currently held hostage in tunnels underground 😭 

4 hours ago, barttttender said:

If there was ever anyone lacking in social skills, it's LanaBalkana.

Plssss "LanaBalkana" is such a funny username it rolls off the tongue so beautifully 

3 hours ago, barttttender said:

I, for one, cannot wait to hear those pearls of wisdom that your Majesty shall grace us with. Feel free to bring that Nobel Peace Prize you got for your one-woman crusade  to tackle fascism globally.

:thumb3:

11 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

they literally have babies currently held hostage in tunnels underground 😭 

(Mind you this isn’t proven with literally any evidence [still, almost 50 days into the war])

but what IS proven is the starvation, abuse, and LACK of due process LITERAL children face in the Israeli “Justice” system. Most of which are held without trial on suspicion of extremism. These are the same people sequestering their own hostages to not speak on their experiences. Let it be shown that Palestinian prisoners are exchanged in double the numbers because, at the same rate, they are CRIMINALIZED and RE-ARRESTED near the West Bank and in Gaza, where the celebration of their returns has been made punishable by arrest. They have explicitly OUTLAWED sharing CANDY at these events. Doesn’t that seem fishy to you? Almost like they are governing with terror?

we should stop giving credence to the Israeli government where they come up short. Especially in the “evidence” department. There’s plenty of proof of Palestinians suffering over the past 50 days. and yet here I have still yet to see a single d*ad b*by out of any part of Israel due to this. Meanwhile legit maternity wards were abandoned in Gaza and b*by carcasses are being found decomposing in the hospital beds.

8 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

(Mind you this isn’t proven with literally any evidence [still, almost 50 days into the war])

but what IS proven is the starvation, abuse, and LACK of due process LITERAL children face in the Israeli “Justice” system. Most of which are held without trial on suspicion of extremism. These are the same people sequestering their own hostages to not speak on their experiences. Let it be shown that as Palestinian prisoners are exchanged in double the numbers because at the same rate they are being CRIMINALIZED and RE-ARRESTED near the West Bank and in Gaza, where the celebration of their returns has been made punishable by arrest. Doesn’t that seem fishy to you? 

It definitely does and I feel for the children (and adults) who are unjustly held without trial in Israel

That has nothing to do with the fact that Hamas is an extremist terrorist organization that killed 1,200+ Jews on October 7th in the biggest loss of Jewish life since the Holocaust 

And it is actually factual that Hamas has babies held hostage. The youngest one is named Kfir Bibas and he is only 10 months old. That constitutes terrorism, it's an objective fact and I'm bewildered we can't all agree on it 

9 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

That has nothing to do with the fact that Hamas is an extremist terrorist organization that killed 1,200+ Jews on October 7th in the biggest loss of Jewish life since the Holocaust 

And it is actually factual that Hamas has babies held hostage. The youngest one is named Kfir Bibas and he is only 10 months old. That constitutes terrorism, it's objective 

I understand they have kids hostage too, but there has never been any proof released they are being held in tunnels. In fact, it’s been mostly disproven atp.

I don’t excuse or condone the loss of life that occurred on October 7th. However, Not only was it a dual operation conducted by the Islamic Jihad (a real terrorist group) , but as it’s investigated, more and more casualties are being found to be due to the Israeli’s inability to protect their citizens accurately. 
One by one, Tel Aviv’s stories & claims of deliberate atrocities by Palestinian fighters — beheading children, raping women, using hospitals as military bases — have been debunked. By the military’s own admission, Israeli pilots could not distinguish clearly between Palestinian combatants and Israeli civilians but decided to open fire anyway. Apache helicopter pilots fired continuously without intelligence on targets. Tank crews were ordered to shell homes, even though Israeli hostages might be inside. A military commander even ordered an air attack on his own base when he learned it had been overrun by Palestinian fighters.

sources are at the bottom

https://www.liberationnews.org/evidence-shows-israel-killed-many-of-its-own-citizens-on-oct-7-then-blamed-hamas/

so of that big number of deaths that gives you so much grief about Hamas, you can look to Israel for over half of the casualties. Look up “The Hannibal Directive” and how it’s used in conflicts in Israel.

tbh I'm concerned that because the world is turning against Israel, that Israel will commit the mass war crime atrocity called "The Samson Option", where they retaliate against attacks using a massive stockpile of nuclear weapons.

giphy.gif

I’ll say it again, this is 2023. Even people in Gaza, one of the poorest cities in the world, have done a better job than Israel of live-streaming , documenting, and showing PROOF of what’s occurring on a daily basis. That’s extremely weird. I never want to discount or anticipate people’s suffering. But you can’t tell me that the disparity of this situation is only making the one side’s suffering available. in the age of TikTok?

no, weve just seen Israelis chilling on beaches… writing messages on warheads… handing out burgers to soldiers. Launching racist propaganda campaigns on TikTok, and trying to make war trendy on Twitter. It’s just chilling. If they can show all that, you would think we would have at least seen SOME Un doctored evidence of the attack out of Tel Aviv. But no. We’re still having this conversation.

Israel has killed more journalists in Gaza in 7 weeks than all 20 YEARS of the Vietnam war & all 6 years of World War II

63 journalists killed in Vietnam by both sides (in 20 Years)

69 killed in World War II by all parties (in 6 years)

70 killed in Gaza by Israel alone (in 7 Weeks)

https://x.com/muhammadshehad2/status/1729584729580609750?s=20

https://x.com/muhammadshehad2/status/1729637688251121705?s=20

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Legit, speaking as an Australian (and I think I said this near the beginning of the thread, not sure), our media and politicians were very pro-Israel at the beginning. Then people got mad and started protesting, and the language changed.

I do not think that Western governments expected their people to care about the plight of the Palestinians. They think we will just fall into line, but gen z won't put up with as much shit as the millennials and boomers

:agree:

So true. There's a seismic shift happening globally, and that's because of social media and the amount of content we're being bombarded daily that's pushed out but no one other than Gen Z, millenials and other regular folks like you and I.

Governments can't get away with the same shit that they could back in, say, the 1990s. It's like people can see crime and injustice more easily and they don't want to stay passive (not all, but most).

The Palestinian struggle has never had this much exposure. Conversely, Israel's PR machine has hit a massive wall. Their tourism numbers should drop exponentially, for a start.

But like someone said, they might just go even crazier and start dropping those nukes. Very clearly, their people in charge are mentally disturbed. So, anything can happen now.

11 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

I’ll say it again, this is 2023. Even people in Gaza, one of the poorest cities in the world, have done a better job than Israel of live-streaming , documenting, and showing PROOF of what’s occurring on a daily basis. That’s extremely weird. I never want to discount or anticipate people’s suffering. But you can’t tell me that the disparity of this situation is only making the one side’s suffering available. in the age of TikTok?

no, weve just seen Israelis chilling on beaches… writing messages on warheads… handing out burgers to soldiers. Launching racist propaganda campaigns on TikTok, and trying to make war trendy on Twitter. It’s just chilling. If they can show all that, you would think we would have at least seen SOME Un doctored evidence of the attack out of Tel Aviv. But no. We’re still having this conversation.

Israel, meanwhile, has been great at sharing misinformation on twitter, and not even removing the retweets when they're proven SO wrong, like that "Palestinian crisis actor". And the calendar in the hospital that they claimed had Hamas names on it, and it was literally just the days of the week. This case wasn't even on twitter. It was broadcast to everyone on the news and I don't think they ever addressed that they were wrong.

It's also just crazy to me that Israelis are allowed to post the most insensitive disgusting tiktoks I've ever seen, but aren't allowed to share a post showing empathy to Palestinians who are dying.

11 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Um no.. Hamas are absolutely and unequivocally terrorists.. there isn't really any way to question their extremism, they literally have babies (one is 14 months old) currently held hostage in tunnels underground 😭 

So if we are cool using the term terrorist for Hamas' war crimes here, why won't we use the word terrorism for Israel's IDF and government? They've committed plenty of war crimes. They've killed hundreds of babies since October 7th.

What they've done is absolutely and unequivocally terrorism. There is no room for "but they didn't have the intention to kill 13000 innocents" in the definition of terrorism.

"the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

If we're not going to use the same term for the same crimes, then we have some racism to address. (I'm happy to use war crimes as a term for both because i know the word terrorism is strongly linked to Islamophobia, but thats not you right?)

So I'm feeling really really awful because I'm realising it's obviously not "humanitarian" to put a pause on genocide. I knew that before, but I'm also realising that this pause will only benefit Israel to get hostages back. When the bombing continues, Palestinians will keep being wiped out as if nothing happened.

None of the released prisoners will be safe from it either, and it was a huge power move of Israel to capture yet more prisoners during the temporary ceasefire, to show Palestinians that is doesn't matter who's released, they will always have the power to imprison yet even more of them for anything.

19 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

It definitely does and I feel for the children (and adults) who are unjustly held without trial in Israel

And it is actually factual that Hamas has babies held hostage. The youngest one is named Kfir Bibas and he is only 10 months old. That constitutes terrorism, it's an objective fact and I'm bewildered we can't all agree on it 

Thank you for pointing this out. Hamas now alleges he is dead from airstrikes, as well as his sibling and mother. Who GAF what they say anyway, they said Emily Hand was dead initially and now she is back with her father, albeit very traumatized. 

threadbare tapestry unwinding slow.

20 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

but what IS proven is the starvation, abuse, and LACK of due process LITERAL children face in the Israeli “Justice” system. Most of which are held without trial on suspicion of extremism. These are the same people sequestering their own hostages to not speak on their experiences. Let it be shown that Palestinian prisoners are exchanged in double the numbers because, at the same rate, they are CRIMINALIZED and RE-ARRESTED near the West Bank and in Gaza, where the celebration of their returns has been made punishable by arrest. They have explicitly OUTLAWED sharing CANDY at these events. Doesn’t that seem fishy to you? Almost like they are governing with terror?

we should stop giving credence to the Israeli government where they come up short. Especially in the “evidence” department. There’s plenty of proof of Palestinians suffering over the past 50 days. and yet here I have still yet to see a single d*ad b*by out of any part of Israel due to this. Meanwhile legit maternity wards were abandoned in Gaza and b*by carcasses are being found decomposing in the hospital beds.

No evidence? I mean you just need to watch the footage HAMAS THEMSELVES took on Oct 7th. 
kfir bibas, months old baby, was taken to captivity underground with his mom and toddler brother. This photo was taken by a Hamas terrorist on October seventh, approximately at 10am.
https://x.com/ynetalerts/status/1729196754682409136?s=46

Look at them, look at the bloody shirt of the Palestinian man on their side. Just imagine the horrors they witnessed. 

No evidence you say while the perpetrators of this terror attack filmed it all themselves and uploaded online (for example, taking the phone of an elderly woman and live streaming her cruel murder on Facebook for her family and the whole world to see)

if you don’t take “my word” on it, trust them with this as you do with the rest. They’re not ashamed of this, they have proudly documented it all for us to witness. 

1 hour ago, ep11 said:

Thank you for pointing this out. Hamas now alleges he is dead from airstrikes, as well as his sibling and mother. Who GAF what they say anyway, they said Emily Hand was dead initially and now she is back with her father, albeit very traumatized. 

The reason Israeli authorities considered Emily dead, is the body they found in her home fitting her body size. How could they mix up to different girls you ask and I would too - but the answer is terrifying. 
it took a MONTH to identify the body because how badly it was corrupted. Butchered, and then burned to coal. IT TOOK A MONTH TO IDENTIFY THE BODY. 

Also if you want to play the “who to trust” game, Islamic Jihad claimed Hanna Katzir, a 76 yo woman, died (wonder how) in captivity - but a week later she was released through the deal. Cruel lying psychological terrorists. 

21 minutes ago, OscarScheller said:

The reason Israeli authorities considered Emily dead, is the body they found in her home fitting her body size. How could they mix up to different girls you ask and I would too - but the answer is terrifying. 
it took a MONTH to identify the body because how badly it was corrupted. Butchered, and then burned to coil. IT TOOK A MONTH TO IDENTIFY THE BODY. 

Also if you want to play the “who to trust” game, Islamic Jihad claimed Hanna Katzir, a 76 yo woman, died (wonder how) in captivity - but a week later she was released through the deal. Cruel lying psychological terrorists. 

Yep, I am with you on this. I don't like them either, they are terrorists. What they did to Shani Louk pisses me the hell off too. Another very disturbing story about the way she was ended.

5 minutes ago, ep11 said:

Yep, I am with you on this. I don't like them either, they are terrorists. What they did to Shani Louk pisses me the hell off too. Another very disturbing story about the way she was ended.

Oh well maybe I took your post the wrong way, sorry for misunderstanding

I Feel like Shani Louk was the face of the first days of the war, her story is so sad. How her dead body was paraded in the streets of Gaza after being raped to the point her legs broke. Horrible

7 minutes ago, OscarScheller said:

Oh well maybe I took your post the wrong way, sorry for misunderstanding

I Feel like Shani Louk was the face of the first days of the war, her story is so sad. How her dead body was paraded in the streets of Gaza after being raped to the point her legs broke. Horrible

I just want to make clear I am pro-Israel. Ever since Oct 7th, it was clear people were going to side with Palestine and throw the Jews into the mud like they have in every past conflict. 

I honestly don't know the physical details of what they did to Shani.. all I know is what I saw what was in front of my own eyes, which is an 'innocent' Palestinian person spitting on her when she appeared lifeless and posed as a mannequin.

Yuck.

4 hours ago, ep11 said:

I just want to make clear I am pro-Israel. Ever since Oct 7th, it was clear people were going to side with Palestine and throw the Jews into the mud like they have in every past conflict. 

I honestly don't know the physical details of what they did to Shani.. all I know is what I saw what was in front of my own eyes, which is an 'innocent' Palestinian person spitting on her when she appeared lifeless and posed as a mannequin.

Yuck.

and i just want to make it clear that anyone who's pro-israel at this stage most definitely has a mental disorder that went undetected.

i have never in my life seen so much violence, lies, savagery, egotism and sickness - all oozing from one place.

i will consider myself as having lived in absolute ignorance in term of evil up until this point. It's like i had no idea what it looks and feels like. And then i saw Israel in action.

from chanting about murder, to mocking poverty to killing a father in front of his daughter from a moving car - only an absolute disgrace to human kind would be capable of doing this.

and anyone who is pro-israel shall forever be an undetected mental  patient in my books. It's the only reason anyone would ever, ever be "pro-israel."

I wonder if you'd still feel the same if and when they start dropping their nukes, which they've already threatened with. 

thanks for coming to my ted talk