Elle

Leeds, ENG @ Reading & Leeds Festival - August 25th, 2024

why were multiple people around me giving me the weirdest looks multiple times throughout the show tonight like yes i’m probably too loud and lack self awareness but at least know the lyrics before you turn around judging me 

also the people around me in general at this show were so rude? and obnoxious? so worth it though :smile:

tumblr_n6a8h49m591sb22wto1_500.gif

29 minutes ago, laurita said:

I understand the complaints about the set list. I also don't like watching the same videos at home, but how many people can afford to go to Lana's concert more than once on one tour? of course there are such people (lucky ones), but i think most of them can only do it once, if at all. I had to wait for this opportunity for 12 years! we all have different favourite songs and we would put the setlist together differently, you can never please everyone. it is what it is and it works perfectly live.

Ride completely knocked me out of the game and thank goodness for waterproof make up. I've cried a lot during the monologue and the song in my life over the years and today I just confirmed that it's my forever favorite song.
She sang amazing, she looked amazing, and I felt amazing too (even though I was really sore and fucking cold). And I was a bit surprised that the people around me just stood like pillars and sang only the choruses - if at all. I actually recited the whole concert and wriggled like a fuckin snake lol.

Finally, I'd like to thank you all, because if I hadn't discovered LB, I wouldn't have believed it was possible. And that I would have made the trip to the UK for a huge festival on my own because of Lana. Special thanks to @daphnedinkley for the ticket! :wub: What a fuckin experience!

20240825-195907.jpg

i’m so so happy you had an amazing time, the ticket couldn’t have gone to a better person!! im buzzing that you flew to our little town in yorkshire for lana!! <3 wasn’t she just amazing!!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

im reading back on this thread and yes the service here was genuinely so bad i had none from 12pm-10:30pm and i’m assuming that was the case for everyone there, but i was so shook at how early she was though, like 10 minutes late is amazing for her 

okay is this a safe space?? :um2:

i've been to leeds fest multiple times (i cant believe i went back this year for lana - i swear this woman could drag me to the gates of hell) and seen lana four times so just some context! i had an amazing time overall, i cried so hard during video games and hearing hope "live" was incredible, as was hearing west coast live. the mic was ON and she sounded stunning and god knows she looked incredible. just hearing lana say "leeds" made me feel crazy bc im from bradford (right next to leeds) and leeds fest is a rite of passage for many locals, so the fact that lana was here in west yorkshire just... woa!! blows my mind!! and of course i am SO happy and SO grateful and i had an AMAZING time.

that being said, did she really play like... 13 and a half songs? one of those being hope, which was entirely playback that she was off stage for? i loved the hologram btw, it looks so cool irl and feels so haunting, but.... no ocean boulevard? no grants? no doin time? no BORN TO DIE? she played the opening of body electric yet... no body electric? the whole show felt so short, was it just me? again, i want to reiterate that i had an amazing time! truly! and im happy overall! but hyde park felt so full and fulfilling, but i left this one feeling a little... dare i say disappointed? the crowd didn't feel so into it either, and i do attribute that partly to the nature of leeds fest and the fact that quite a few people were waiting for fred again, but... idkkkk. i love her and i had a great time and she sounded absolutely perfect and looked beautiful but there were certainly some glaring omissions this time around, at least from my perspective. i mean, jack was RIGHT THERE on the same stage just hours prior - no margaret? i'm honestly shocked that she didn't play ocean blvd too. i was sooo looking forward to hearing that live again! and the grants!

again, i just wanna say - i had a fantastic time. any day i get to see lana live is a beautiful day. but i just wanted to be honest and curious if anyone else had the same experience :heart:

IMPORTANT EDIT: BARTENDER WAS A HIGHLIGHT BTW AS WAS ARCADIA SORRYYYYYYYY TO THE BARCADIA HATERS

Wq9zHLl.jpg

3 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

i've been to leeds fest multiple times (i cant believe i went back this year for lana - i swear this woman could drag me to the gates of hell) and seen lana four times so just some context! i had an amazing time overall, i cried so hard during video games and hearing hope "live" was incredible, as was hearing west coast live. the mic was ON and she sounded stunning and god knows she looked incredible. just hearing lana say "leeds" made me feel crazy bc im from bradford (right next to leeds) and leeds fest is a rite of passage for many locals, so the fact that lana was here in west yorkshire just... woa!! blows my mind!! and of course i am SO happy and SO grateful and i had an AMAZING time.

that being said, did she really play like... 13 and a half songs? one of those being hope, which was entirely playback that she was off stage for? i loved the hologram btw, it looks so cool irl and feels so haunting, but.... no ocean boulevard? no grants? no doin time? no BORN TO DIE? she played the opening of body electric yet... no body electric? the whole show felt so short, was it just me? again, i want to reiterate that i had an amazing time! truly! and im happy overall! but hyde park felt so full and fulfilling, but i left this one feeling a little... dare i say disappointed? the crowd didn't feel so into it either, and i do attribute that partly to the nature of leeds fest and the fact that quite a few people were waiting for fred again, but... idkkkk. i love her and i had a great time and she sounded absolutely perfect and looked beautiful but there were certainly some glaring omissions this time around, at least from my perspective. i mean, jack was RIGHT THERE on the same stage just hours prior - no margaret? i'm honestly shocked that she didn't play ocean blvd too. i was sooo looking forward to hearing that live again! and the grants!

again, i just wanna say - i had a fantastic time. any day i get to see lana live is a beautiful day. but i just wanted to be honest and curious if anyone else had the same experience :heart:

IMPORTANT EDIT: BARTENDER WAS A HIGHLIGHT BTW AS WAS ARCADIA SORRYYYYYYYY TO THE BARCADIA HATERS

I think it’s all about the position of where you were in the crowd, I was saying to my husband I was so happy to get barricade because everyone else there was so in to it, where as if I was stood further back, I’d feel maybe a bit weird singing the whole set (which isn’t, but like you said, if the others were stood not singing..). That kinda happened to me at BST, we had to be in the accessibility area because my husband was in a wheelchair at the time.. and I was loving life but the people around me.. not so much. 

BST ofcourse was a longer and better set list too.. but it was basically her show. I’m glad I got the additions of without you, hope and west coast.. very disappointed no body electric, but what can you do. I’m still baffled as to why she didn’t get headliner slot.. the amount of people who left straight after her set who’d stood there all day. It made me actually feel bad for Fred again, there was nowhere near as many people coming forward as people trying to leave!

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

4 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

Didn't they cut her show short, and then apologized later?  It's all over the news. It wasn't Lana's fault for the gig to have lasted shorter than usual, with songs cut.

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/music/lana-del-rey-reading-festival-cut-short-354785-20240825

https://m.imdb.com/news/ni64785175/?ref_=nwc_art_plk

The way sone of you frame others as boring or toxic because they *check notes* go to a concert to experience a live performance of the artist and not participate in Veronica and Tommys 13-track-group-car-karaoke 💀

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

45 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Didn't they cut her show short, and then apologized later?  It's all over the news. It wasn't Lana's fault for the gig to have lasted shorter than usual, with songs cut.

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/music/lana-del-rey-reading-festival-cut-short-354785-20240825

https://m.imdb.com/news/ni64785175/?ref_=nwc_art_plk

Nah that was reading when they cut her off at the beginning of hope and so she didn’t do the A&W/Y&B ending. She had to make a decision what to remove last night because she simply didn’t have a long enough slot. So she axed the grants and tunnel.. which is sad. Tunnel is an amazing song to hear live 

IMG-7034.gif

45 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

The way sone of you frame others as boring or toxic because they *check notes* go to a concert to experience a live performance of the artist and not participate in Veronica and Tommys 13-track-group-car-karaoke 💀

Its more about, lets just accept that the setlist is gonna stay the same. She's gonna keep being 15 mins late cuz it doesnt really affect her. Etc etc

And if you cant deal with all that, just don't go.

Its dissapointing but atp its so tired to go over it again, thats just the state of Lana the performer nowadays.

Maybe she chooses to do a proper tour one day but who knows

28 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Nah that was reading when they cut her off at the beginning of hope and so she didn’t do the A&W/Y&B ending. She had to make a decision what to remove last night because she simply didn’t have a long enough slot. So she axed the grants and tunnel.. which is sad. Tunnel is an amazing song to hear live 

she has so many long ballads in her sets; i wouldn't have cried over OB, and especially not over Grants, which is just not one of her best ballads anyway.

Better to hear Y&B, Hope, etc.

50 minutes ago, barttttender said:

she has so many long ballads in her sets; i wouldn't have cried over OB, and especially not over Grants, which is just not one of her best ballads anyway.

Better to hear Y&B, Hope, etc.

Oh yeah, I totally agree and I really wanted hope so I’m happy (though it’d be better if we got the performance of it she was doing the back end of last year with live vocals.. but I shouldn’t complain)

the grants i think could be dropped indefinitely, but ocean blvd is a great closer, especially with the backup singers! It does feel really emotional.. but so does Y&B, I wouldn’t want to trade one for the other!

IMG-7034.gif

8 hours ago, Elle said:

Some pretty pictures! Also, I’m starting to think that the new tattoos on her collarbones under the Whitney Amy & Nina Billie ones don’t say anything and are just a decorative design? x

dl-beatsnoop-com-final-D2fa-Ew7-VXJ dl-beatsnoop-com-final-0m6-O2du-T1o dl-beatsnoop-com-final-UIEbz-W65-Pf dl-beatsnoop-com-final-L6n-J1-Mq-Twa dl-beatsnoop-com-final-Ogt-Tyx7l-Bj dl-beatsnoop-com-final-Yf-Fc-B69xt7 dl-beatsnoop-com-final-Zfe-Ev6-Ht-IV dl-beatsnoop-com-final-8gd-RHr-Umo5 dl-beatsnoop-com-final-3g-MSEc-Hnj-B dl-beatsnoop-com-final-qd-Cpj-IHl4-N

oh she’s GLOWING ever so effortlessly :paris:

She did well again but these festivals were just not the vibe for her at all. Crowds outside of the very front were awful. I stood at the back last night and got so many weird looks for just knowing the songs. 

At least at Leeds the arena was spaced out a bit more so you couldn’t hear the other stages as bad, but still just not the right vibe. 

Glad she got to finish tho bc the outro is iconic. You could tell she was anxious about time as well - I assume they planned to cut NFR/Arcadia if they didn’t as that’s when she asked. I do love bartender but it’s crazy that it’s the only NFR song solidly on the setlist

46 minutes ago, American Bore said:

She did well again but these festivals were just not the vibe for her at all. Crowds outside of the very front were awful. I stood at the back last night and got so many weird looks for just knowing the songs. 

100% agree, i was in the second like area thing whatever it is from stage and got stares for singing west coast the first verse? and the lines in without you that she didn’t sing but i did people acted like i was just making my own shit up😭😭

i don’t think i was being loud either - i’d get that, i wasn’t shouting, just singing, if they sang/ knew the lyrics then it wouldn’t just be my voice they’re hearing 

although i’m happy i could see her and go home on the same night, i feel leeds is the closest i could do that because she’s probably not going further up north than that and any concert in manchester i’d have to get a hotel

3 minutes ago, motel six said:

100% agree, i was in the second like area thing whatever it is from stage and got stares for singing west coast the first verse? and the lines in without you that she didn’t sing but i did people acted like i was just making my own shit up😭😭

i don’t think i was being loud either - i’d get that, i wasn’t shouting, just singing, if they sang/ knew the lyrics then it wouldn’t just be my voice they’re hearing 

although i’m happy i could see her and go home on the same night, i feel leeds is the closest i could do that because she’s probably not going further up north than that and any concert in manchester i’d have to get a hotel for, but i’ll take concert over festival any day 

Yes nothing better than getting in your car an knowing you’ll be home in a hour, pure bliss 

IMG-7034.gif

7 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Yes nothing better than getting in your car an knowing you’ll be home in a hour, pure bliss 

YES exactly, leaving that place was an amazing feeling 🤭

1 hour ago, American Bore said:

Yes! I was about fifteenth row from the front and people around me were looking at me strangely because I was singing every single word... especially during Can I get a fuckin hallelujah, working on you like im back at school!:D  but in my country its kinda normal for people to judge people so I didn't give a fuck at all lol  If you come from where you come, then you were born tough😅

Screenshot-20240827-142854-Instagram.jpg