lanaismamom

2023 Unreleased Wrap-Up Megapost

5 hours ago, Billie said:

Where did this come from? 

from a person on discord who shared all those snippets in march (paradise, melancholia, what’s a girl to do snippets, that led to leaking full things, he said he once was in one chat with insider who was sharing those snippets and that’s what they said to them, even without confirmation it’s pretty safe to assume there could be final of that since she performed it in pretty late in 2011 (same thing with kinda outta luck, her saying she wanted on a record diet mountain dew and kinda outta luck, but label didn’t allow her to do those songs - and later we’ve got diet mountain dew absolutely reworked, but since no one else ever said there is actually final version of that, i don’t mention it, but i agree this specific things should go rather on unconfirmed section until further notice)

6 hours ago, The Siren said:

we dont have a demo 1 already? the 6:03 wild caged animal version?

we actually don’t, that leaked version is from september 2015, however there is even more earlier version, and the song origins as early as august 2015

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

7 hours ago, The Siren said:

these two conflict :um2:

unless theres demo/alt versions i dont know about?

here’s a full quote by insider (im not even recalling now where i took that “was recorded directly after” thing from) so i can go this way:

“Fake Diamond and Dreamgirl were produced in the same session, Fake Diamond's instrumental was done by a relatively unknown producer.. Dreamgirl used a pitched instrumental by someone i forgot the name 

There was also a full folder of other beats
Fake Diamond was done on February 28th, 2011. Dreamgirl was done March 1st (same producer, for Dreamgirl only vocals.)”

6 hours ago, The Siren said:

this thread says Connection was done in 2013

i only have one version of both songs so idk

the metadata for connection says 2012 so that’s the truth

6 hours ago, vaux said:

I wonder why the prod/overall vibe is so different then to his initial demo that leaked this month

it’s here: 

actually i’m really questioning that too, idk if this version was made in november 2013 during og ultraviolence, or already after the album was heavily reworked in sound in 2014, we don’t know that, but we know for a fact that both versions produced by him

i wish i knew what the tracklist was for BTD when it was called God Bless America :deadbanana:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

9 minutes ago, American Whore said:

i wish i knew what the tracklist was for BTD when it was called God Bless America :deadbanana:

frrr like does btd have an early demo titled "god bless america" or could it be a totally different song?? love the endless probabilities here

i-have-no-kung-fu.jpg

LEAK ZODIAC

36 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

from a person on discord who shared all those snippets in march (paradise, melancholia, what’s a girl to do snippets, that led to leaking full things, he said he once was in one chat with insider who was sharing those snippets and that’s what they said to them, even without confirmation it’s pretty safe to assume there could be final of that since she performed it in pretty late in 2011 (same thing with kinda outta luck, her saying she wanted on a record diet mountain dew and kinda outta luck, but label didn’t allow her to do those songs - and later we’ve got diet mountain dew absolutely reworked, but since no one else ever said there is actually final version of that, i don’t mention it, but i agree this specific things should go rather on unconfirmed section until further notice)

we actually don’t, that leaked version is from september 2015, however there is even more earlier version, and the song origins as early as august 2015

1IxB77D.png

21 minutes ago, American Whore said:

i personally wnat the version for The Revenge of Lana Del Rey

5 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

i can't believe BOZ described serene queen as bottom of the barrel, if that's bottom of the barrel i cannot begin to imagine what the more complete, top of the barrel lust for life outtakes are like, i remember it was quite the event when serene queen leaked

i actually kinda wonder if we're possibly running dry on lizzy grant stuff, since majority of lizzy song music leaks from the past few years have actually come from the march 2009 demo CD we just found out about, even songs that leaked a few years ago, like i learned how to make love from the movies and trash magic demo 1 came from it, as well as some of the song titles revealed by honeymouns in summer of 2020, such as neon palmmm, beach boys, wolf t-shirt, meth love, etc. we have pretty much everything from that CD now, so there may not be a lot of lizzy grant stuff going around, but you never really know, it feels like there's always so much more, it's crazy to think about the fact that she probably recorded 100s of demos during that time, some of which we may never get the chance to hear

he even specified that it’s not really the matter of his own opinion rather than actual fact, his quote “Btw about that (Serene Queen), this was rather a fact than a personal opinion. It was a scruffy demo made in a day whilst there are many songs that were being worked on for months in 2016 and ended up being unused”

I’ve been absent from LB most of this year, and I knew I missed a handful of leaks, but I didn’t realize how much and what exactly. I thought I knew most of what was leaked, but I was wrong. My jaw is on the floor :oprah2:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

59 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

he even specified that it’s not really the matter of his own opinion rather than actual fact, his quote “Btw about that (Serene Queen), this was rather a fact than a personal opinion. It was a scruffy demo made in a day whilst there are many songs that were being worked on for months in 2016 and ended up being unused”

serene queen being a random rough demo made in one day is just so crazy :heidi: i can only imagine what the other outtakes are like, i bet they're fabulous

WGe8ynS.gif

Haven't fully read the thread, so apologies if any of these have already been pointed out.

<2010: The version of Brite Lites in the Demo March 2009 compilation is the 3:00 demo. We've also already known that the instrumental for Maha Maha was originally called Bollywood Hawaii in Space.

2014: Mastered version of Your Girl was not done by Rick Nowels. Has Dark City actually been confirmed to be by Nowels?

2017: I don't believe that Valley of the Dolls is from TLSP sessions

>2018: I would add that we found out the Arcadia demo was not real

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

5 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Interesting, but we don't have a 5:55 version of Arcadia. Did they clarify further?

They did not clarify further but I believe that the seller may have somehow gotten the audio from the music video, which runs at 5:45? That's kind of what I am assuming. Perhaps the seller made a typo? Not sure

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

2 hours ago, bigwavesurfer bywaimeabay said:

frrr like does btd have an early demo titled "god bless america" or could it be a totally different song?? love the endless probabilities here

What if there’s a very different early version of God Bless America (And All The Beautiful Women In It) for BTD when it was called that:flop:

I assume it would have a way different chorus but the lyrics in the verses are so BTD

16 minutes ago, Nightcall said:

What if there’s a very different early version of God Bless America (And All The Beautiful Women In It) for BTD when it was called that:flop:

I assume it would have a way different chorus but the lyrics in the verses are so BTD

The thought honestly crossed my mind. It’s totally possible she drew inspo from a previous BTD scrap for LFL. Excuse me for being delulu, lmao 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

1 hour ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Haven't fully read the thread, so apologies if any of these have already been pointed out.

<2010: The version of Brite Lites in the Demo March 2009 compilation is the 3:00 demo. We've also already known that the instrumental for Maha Maha was originally called Bollywood Hawaii in Space.

2014: Mastered version of Your Girl was not done by Rick Nowels. Has Dark City actually been confirmed to be by Nowels?

i thought we have a confirmation of that version to be done by rick nowels 

about valley of the dolls it came from boz and said to be done around the same time as another tlsp session + by tlsp producer, his quote: (Was made by) Zach Dawes, it was made at the same time as original Thunder and as far as I remember Lana considered (I don't think it was touched) it for BB as well

thanks for the rest i noted! gonna edit

1 hour ago, That Venice Bitch said:

well i’m looking now and we really kinda don’t have a straight confirmation that it was produced by rick nowels… all i could find are those boz quotes: “Dark City is from HM times, unfinished song, never worked on more” 

8 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

i actually kinda wonder if we're possibly running dry on lizzy grant stuff, since majority of lizzy song music leaks from the past few years have actually come from the march 2009 demo CD we just found out about, even songs that leaked a few years ago, like i learned how to make love from the movies and trash magic demo 1 came from it, as well as some of the song titles revealed by honeymouns in summer of 2020, such as neon palmmm, beach boys, wolf t-shirt, meth love, etc. we have pretty much everything from that CD now, so there may not be a lot of lizzy grant stuff going around, but you never really know, it feels like there's always so much more, it's crazy to think about the fact that she probably recorded 100s of demos during that time, some of which we may never get the chance to hear

i think there are also some songs produced by kahne out there somewhere like coconut and key lime pie,  bounce, high, lemonade motorcycle heaven and studio versions of vivian, axl rose husband, ben, possibly bentley(?), etc. we will probably never get to hear most of these but this still gives some hope that we have something left from the lizzy grant days :flutter: and there may be so much other stuff out there that we dont even know about

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

hey! This is probably one of the most interesting threads, congrats. I bet it must have taken a while to gather all the info.

I know people probably know this info already, but I asked Dan Heath and he confirmed he was the one who produced "Fucked My Way Up to the Top" with Emile Haynie and not Dan Auerbach. Here's the screenshot: https://imgur.com/gallery/JaawbKW