Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

3 minutes ago, SWISHER SWEET said:

watch her have the same setlist for weekend 2 :eek:

There might be a different outfit but yes it will be the same show, that's how this stuff is usually organised. It would be weird for her to do a different show at the same festival to a different crowd

Just a by the way, I split the Weekend 1 & Weekend 2 performances into two different threads since this one grew so much so that way we’re not starting at page 400 come next Friday lol. If anyone wants to start discussing next week’s show, you can visit the new thread below x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

4 hours ago, TRENCH said:

This is further proof we need her to perform at smaller venues to get the full Lana experience. We would get so many good live performances and recordings if she did a variation of concert halls and dive bars. 

You all keep saying small venues when her Foro Sol STADIUM performance was great so was that one Canadian festival with over 115K people.

Glastonbury 2023 was also really good.

4 minutes ago, FredRed said:

Rolling Stone seemed to like it. I am really impressed with the Ocean Eyes duet.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/lana-del-rey-performs-coachella-2024-1235002460/

Written by Tomás Mier, we love a fellow stan :mariah:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

2 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

You all keep saying small venues when her Foro Sol STADIUM performance was great so was that one Canadian festival with over 100K people.

I agree mama she turned it tf out at Hyde park to like she was belting henny

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

3 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

You all keep saying small venues when her Foro Sol STADIUM performance was great so was that one Canadian festival with over 100K people.

True 

MITA festival had us completely slain tbh

5 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

There might be a different outfit but yes it will be the same show, that's how this stuff is usually organised. It would be weird for her to do a different show at the same festival to a different crowd

Isn’t there usually different guests? 

On 4/13/2024 at 6:30 PM, Rico25 said:

True 

MITA festival had us completely slain tbh

The first MITA show wasn’t great vocally. In fact, vocally it was very similar to Coachella. The setlist was better tho (genuine surprise that is “Flipside”). It was more varied interms of energy. Good mix of ballads and more upbeat songs.

She needs to stop doing piano ballads back to back. And the ballads should be shorten not the upbeat songs lol.

10 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Glastonbury was great (aside from the lateness causing her to be unable to finish her set lol) but those shows were only exciting because of the possibility of performing Ocean Blvd, Blue Banisters and Chemtrails songs she hadn't before. Nothing has happened since to make this compare, they're probably gonna be cute shows though nothing more, nothing less

Do we have re-up yet?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

18 minutes ago, SWISHER SWEET said:

watch her have the same setlist for weekend 2 :eek:

honestly even if she does i’m assuming they will have fixed the mic issues by then since coachella is getting slated for it and it could be a lot better

giphy.gif

I don't get people who are complaining about Lana not performing enough upbeat songs? The first half of the setlist was only upbeat songs like West Coast, Doin Time, Cherry... the second half had ballads and slower songs which makes it balanced. Did you guys really expect her to sing Summertime Sadness remix or something? Be ffr :toofunny: Anyways, her performance was immaculate. Hopefully the mic issues will be fixed for weekend 2.

On 4/13/2024 at 6:36 PM, Chemtrail said:

Glastonbury was great (aside from the lateness causing her to be unable to finish her set lol) but those shows were only exciting because of the possibility of performing Ocean Blvd, Blue Banisters and Chemtrails songs she hadn't before. Nothing has happened since to make this compare, they're probably gonna be cute shows though nothing more, nothing less

No, those shows were great because her voice sounds great and the energy was giving. The setlist has similar songs, but it was sequenced much better. It’s shocking how a Coachella headlining set (which is supposed to be important and special) is worse than her average concerts. What.

3 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

I don't get people who are complaining about Lana not performing enough upbeat songs? The first half of the setlist was only upbeat songs like West Coast, Doin Time, Cherry... the second half had ballads and slower songs which makes it balanced. Did you guys really expect her to sing Summertime Sadness remix or something? Be ffr :toofunny: Anyways, her performance was immaculate. Hopefully the mic issues will be fixed for weekend 2.

I don't need her to perform Summertime Sadness in any form anymore honestly, does anyone else care for that now? It's 2024 :poordat: I don't know how she can still sing that without just going through the motions. To enjoy an artists music live if you watch every show you'd have to stop listening to the songs so that you could miss them a bit, otherwise it's just unnecessary. That's why it's so much better for casual fans

Just now, Chemtrail said:

I don't need her to perform Summertime Sadness in any form anymore honestly, does anyone else care for that now? It's 2024 :poordat: I don't know how she can still sing that without just going through the motions

literally everyone cares about SS but the complainers of Lanaboards.com

that's her signature song ofc she's going to perform it

Just got to the hologram section. Wow. That was seriously so stirring :gclap: Who else is giving a posthumous performance whilst still alive. Self-referential with SNL and a commentary on the mortality of the artist.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

4 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

literally everyone cares about SS but the complainers of Lanaboards.com

that's her signature song ofc she's going to perform it

Well yeah but of course its boring for everyone but the casual fans. It's boring watching Lady Gaga perform her 2008 songs with the same choreo too, same thing.  You're either nostalgic for it or you didn't listen to it to death to a point you moved on. As a longterm fan it gets easier to watch some artists shows on 1.5x speed or 2.0x to enjoy it all the way through lmao