Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

Okay, here’s my realistic predictions for weekend 2. 

My Realistic As Can Be Coachella Weekend 2 Predictions 

1. Say Yes To Heaven (or some other Honeymoon song)
  2. West Coast
  3. Doin' Time
  4. Summertime Sadness
  5. Cherry
  6. Pretty When You Cry
  7. Ride
  8. Born To Die
  9. Bartender
  10. Chemtrails Over The Country Club 
  11. The Grants
  12. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
  13. Norman fucking Rockwell
  14. Arcadia
  15. Let The Light In
  16. Snow On The Beach
  17. Video Games
  18. Hope is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman like Me to Have - but I Have It
  19. A&W
  20. Young And Beautiful

6 minutes ago, Fireffie said:

But she also sang Summertime Sadness, Video Games, Young and Beautiful, Ride and the crowd was quieter than usual :smh:. idk about the US but in Europe these were huge hits and sometimes they still play them in radios. I just think she deserved a better crowd (like South American ones) 

The brazil mita crowd was something else. But apparently the crowd was muted which kinda makes sense cus in some parts it was genuine silence 

2 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Okay, here’s my realistic predictions for weekend 2. 

My Realistic As Can Be Coachella Weekend 2 Predictions 

1. Say Yes To Heaven (or some other Honeymoon song)
  2. West Coast
  3. Doin' Time
  4. Summertime Sadness
  5. Cherry
  6. Pretty When You Cry
  7. Ride
  8. Born To Die
  9. Bartender
  10. Chemtrails Over The Country Club 
  11. The Grants
  12. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
  13. Norman fucking Rockwell
  14. Arcadia
  15. Let The Light In
  16. Snow On The Beach
  17. Video Games
  18. Hope is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman like Me to Have - but I Have It
  19. A&W
  20. Young And Beautiful

The serlist is literally good it’s just people don’t know the songs.. which they should considering 90% of them are her most popular ones

2 minutes ago, oldandugly said:

The brazil mita crowd was something else. But apparently the crowd was muted which kinda makes sense cus in some parts it was genuine silence 

The serlist is literally good it’s just people don’t know the songs.. which they should considering 90% of them are her most popular ones

The only thing that needs changing for the setlist is a song from honeymoon or say yes to heaven

Just now, DemonMic2003 said:

The only thing that needs changing for the setlist is a song from honeymoon or say yes to heaven

Diet Mountain Dew or off to the races is missing

I really don’t think the crowd was quieter than usual I just think the live stream muted out the noise from the crowd. I’m surprised to see some of the insanely negative reactions. She was STUNNING, there were some technical issues but her voice was still gorgeous. I wish she would switch out a few songs but Lana is always going to do what she wants. Her bringing Billie out and the hologram was amazing. I’m looking forward to next weekend and will gladly stay up again! :true:

faSE.gif

I find that people's expectations of live shows are usually too high. It's the experience that counts, not the vocal and instrumental perfection that makes the event. 

Being from another generation than most of you, some acts I've seen live, like Jeff Buckley, Leonard Cohen, the Rolling Stones, Yma Sumac, and Midnight Oil, and, in days of yore, The Clash, the Sex Pistols, the Pretenders, the Cars, and Linda Ronstadt were spot-on and perfect without sacrificing energy or originality, while others, like Blondie, Fleetwood Mac, and Marianne Faithfull--whom I've seen more times than any other artist--sounded less than letter-perfect, to put it mildly (though Faithfull's performances varied wildly from excellent to poor). In the cases of Blondie and Fleetwood Mac, sometimes it was almost impossible to identify which song they were playing, so disorganized were the arrangements and weak the vocals. 

I think we all know by this time that, in terms of sound and vocals, Lana's songs are not going to sound exactly like the studio versions for several reasons, like those stated here, cutting the bridges, skipping verses, or an audio set-up that doesn't quite do her vocals justice. 

As I've said here before, Lana doesn't have the powerhouse voice of a Whitney Houston, an Anne Wilson,  a Mariah Carey, or a Linda Ronstadt, vocalists who could almost break a crystal glass with their voices. So I wouldn't expect that. 

Just seeing Lana enter on the back of that motorcycle was enough for me. 

9 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Anyone got a link for the full thing? I wanna rewatch it

You can still be negative and send me a link, you know? I wanna download it in the best quality possible :hype2:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

3 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I find that people's expectations of live shows are usually too high. It's the experience that counts, not the vocal and instrumental perfection that makes the event. 

Being from another generation than most of you, some acts I've seen live, like Jeff Buckley, Leonard Cohen, the Rolling Stones, Yma Sumac, and Midnight Oil, and, in days of yore, The Clash, the Sex Pistols, the Pretenders, the Cars, and Linda Ronstadt were spot-on and perfect without sacrificing energy or originality, while others, like Blondie, Fleetwood Mac, and Marianne Faithfull--whom I've seen more times than any other artist--sounded less than letter-perfect, to put it mildly (though Faithfull's performances varied wildly from excellent to poor). 

I think we all know by this time that, in terms of sound and vocals, Lana's songs are not going to sound exactly like the studio versions for several reasons, like those stated here, cutting the bridges, skipping verses, or an audio set-up that doesn't quite do her vocals justice. 

As I've said here before, Lana doesn't have the powerhouse voice of a Whitney Houston, an Anne Wilson,  a Mariah Carey, or a Linda Ronstadt, vocalists who could almost break a crystal glass with their voices. So I wouldn't expect that. 

Just seeing Lana enter on the back of that motorcycle was enough for me. 

wow!! you are so lucky! 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, twinkletoes7 said:

wow!! you are so lucky! 

Thank you, I've made it a point to see as many artists I admire as possible, and on occasion was just in the right place at the right time (Jeff Buckley and Yma Sumac, for example). 

Can I just say that idk what it looked like on streaming, but I was there and it was unbelievable. I was in shock the whole time. Lana drove by on the motorcycle literally right in front of me. I feel like I still haven’t processed what I saw??

Just now, Divisive Princess said:

Can I just say that idk what it looked like on streaming, but I was there and it was unbelievable. I was in shock the whole time. Lana drove by on the motorcycle literally right in front of me. I feel like I still haven’t processed what I saw??

LUCKYYY

b8fb308f62bc307cb609c5c262b3f165195480f8

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

wrap you up in my daisy chains - don't be a bummer, babe.....

3 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

lol the woman who wrote this article never wrote any other review and she’s an ugly bitch :adele: we do not care about her opinion 

Her review is whatever. I think the important part is that people keep mentioning that a lot people left early throughout her set. Her performance didn’t really connect with the overall crowd which is unfortunate.