Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

20 minutes ago, Quincy said:

Why do we have to compare her to other artists? Why should we compare her to anyone? She’s extremely unique and doesn’t follow most pop culture rules.

I completely agree. lanas voice is especially unique and there is nobody you can actually compare her too!

giphy.gif

Lana-s-iconic-dolcegabbana-outfits-for-h

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

6 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

i love that she got a real stylist cause this is EVERYTHING and more :oprah9:

Real now she needs to replace every other person on her team 

Some of these nasty reviews are making me so sad. To me, Lana is a star akin to older generations—when musicians didn’t spend months training, both physically and vocally, for a show or tour, but showed up as they were, just to sing, without all of the fanfare. I absolutely appreciate spectacles like the Eras tour and Beychella, etc., those are masterful feats of artistry and intense preparation, but I just don’t feel like that’s what Lana’s after. Obviously I don’t know her personally, but to me, she’s more of a songwriter and poet who probably prefers a normal, delicate, relaxed existence (exemplified by her appearing at random garden stores and coffee shops along the California coast). I think she probably still battles stage fright, and I’m really amazed and proud that she signed up to do these two shows. After writing music so different from—and changing the sound of—the industry over the past 10 years+, it’s really cool to see her finally get her flowers as the headliner and do it in her own way. Maybe a massive arena-style stage isn’t the kindest venue for her talents and unique energy, but she did it in her own way, with heart and absolute style. I’m proud to be a fan and it’s not surprising to see these reviews (ahem, Guardian) revert to their 2014 tone. 

Both dresses are gorgeous but I still don’t understand the point of changing, just to wear the last dress for a song and a half

"Don’t forget me"

not lanas performance- about blurs!

yes the crowd was shit and I can't believe they didnt know ANYTHING but he was making it so much worse for them by continuously asking the crowd to sing when they clearly didnt know anything oh god that is a tough watch :trisha4:

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Some of these nasty reviews are making me so sad. To me, Lana is a star akin to older generations—when musicians didn’t spend months training, both physically and vocally, for a show or tour, but showed up as they were, just to sing, without all of the fanfare. I absolutely appreciate spectacles like the Eras tour and Beychella, etc., those are masterful feats of artistry and intense preparation, but I just don’t feel like that’s what Lana’s after. Obviously I don’t know her personally, but to me, she’s more of a songwriter and poet who probably prefers a normal, delicate, relaxed existence (exemplified by her appearing at random garden stores and coffee shops along the California coast). I think she probably still battles stage fright, and I’m really amazed and proud that she signed up to do these two shows. After writing music so different from—and changing the sound of—the industry over the past 10 years+, it’s really cool to see her finally get her flowers as the headliner and do it in her own way. Maybe a massive arena-style stage isn’t the kindest venue for her talents and unique energy, but she did it in her own way, with heart and absolute style. I’m proud to be a fan and it’s not surprising to see these reviews (ahem, Guardian) revert to their 2014 tone. 

:gclap:

here is how i would’ve fixed the setlist without making drastic changes in the order/theme she was going for:

1. Gangsta / Jealous Girl intro

2. Without You

3. West Coast

4. Doin’ Time

5. Summertime Sadness

6. Cherry

7. Pretty When You Cry

8. Brooklyn Baby (instead of Ride)

9. Art Deco (instead of Born To Die)

10. Cinnamon Girl (instead of Bartender)

11. Coachella - Interlude (instead of Burnt Norton)

12. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

13. Say Yes To Heaven (instead of The Grants)

14. Ocean Blvd

15. Happiness is a butterfly (instead of Norman fucking Rockwell)

16. Thunder (instead of Arcadia)

17. Candy Necklace (with Jon Batiste)

18. ocean eyes (with Billie)

19. Video Games (with Billie)

20. Margaret (with Jack; instead of hope is a dangerous thing)

21. A&W

22. Young And Beautiful

23. Taco Truck x VB (closer instead of Young And Beautiful)

24. Jazzy outro fading into Interlude - The Trio (instead of the backrooms song)

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

14 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

she was serving, that’s what matters 

like I said, both are gorgeous but I feel like jack should have been the first guest brought out and she could have changed more mid set so there was more time to admire the second dress 

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, crazyforyou said:

here is how i would’ve fixed the setlist without making drastic changes in the order/theme she was going for:

Spoiler

1. Gangsta / Jealous Girl intro

2. Without You

3. West Coast

4. Doin’ Time

5. Summertime Sadness

6. Cherry

7. Pretty When You Cry

8. Brooklyn Baby (instead of Ride)

9. Art Deco (instead of Born To Die)

10. Cinnamon Girl (instead of Bartender)

11. Coachella - Interlude (instead of Burnt Norton)

12. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

13. Say Yes To Heaven (instead of The Grants)

14. Ocean Blvd

15. Happiness is a butterfly (instead of Norman fucking Rockwell)

16. Thunder (instead of Arcadia)

17. Candy Necklace (with Jon Batiste)

18. ocean eyes (with Billie)

19. Video Games (with Billie)

20. Margaret (with Jack; instead of hope is a dangerous thing)

21. A&W

22. Young And Beautiful

23. Taco Truck x VB (closer instead of Young And Beautiful)

24. Jazzy outro fading into Interlude - The Trio (instead of the backrooms song)

I like this, but I think the Ride monologue/Ride is a really important inclusion. The power of Lana talking about how her dreams were shattered while headlining (one of) the biggest festivals is too powerful to get rid of 

I’d also keep the outro because it’s very great Gatsby and the trio is produced by her ex 

"Don’t forget me"

I feel bad for L4na. I’ve been saying this, but she’s not taking good care of her health/voice, and it’s now catching up to her. The tone of her voice has changed. I’ve said this already, she’s been struggling to sing deeper live. She has to sing higher all the time and the tone of her head voice has changed to become not very pleasant. She’s also struggling to even finish a full verse of a song in 2024. This is probably a lungs capacity issues. In 2014, she was still smoking, but she was also in her 20s. The stamina was there because of youth. I’m watching her old performances from the last time she was at Coachella. And there was no stage fright. She was very comfortable on stage. Absolutely just vibing and really feeling her music. She sang every word to every song. No backup singers. No dancers or production. She was so natural and not awkward at all. Her movements and the way she sang were very artful and dramatic and quite beautiful. It complimented the performance. 

Where’s the stage fright or shyness there???? Like the “Born To Die” performance there is just so captivating. Her movements, the hands, and everything. It’s like she’s performing and feeling the music and interpreting it LIVE with her gestures. No dancers, no backup singers, no back vocals, nothing. It’s just her performing. And “National Anthem”? She ate that up henny. There was no choregraphy, but she still ate that up. Just vibing to the music. She was literally walking around all over the place. Off the stage too. Just feeling the music.

She sang with so more much passion and conviction even when it doesn’t sound perfect 100% of the time. She also did interesting ad-libs to songs and played with the melodies at the right spots to pique people’s interest. And she knew how to end the songs and gave each song a proper climax with her voice, gestures or with the instrumentations. She was just really vibing with her own music. You can hear it, and you can feel it. It radiates to you as a viewer as well. She’s feeling her music, and you feel it.

Now fast forward to 2024, it’s very weird because it’s like it’s not the same person anymore. It’s actually shocking how much has changed. Her whole demeanor is not even the same anymore. Like even the way she walks and the way she speaks. It just seems like she’s completely disconnected to the music. She seems so lost on stage. I don’t understand. The vibes and the energy are so off. It’s so bizzare to me because she’s way more timid and insecure than she was back then in 2014. The L4na at 2024 Coachella is very similar to the L4na at that Grammy stage when T4ylor dragged her there (just standing shy at the back) and also very similar to the first MITA festival. People keep saying how she has always been a shy performer, but even the SNL performance, which wasn’t the greatest vocally (I do think part of her nerves affected her vocals there), she wasn’t timid and did not look timid at all there.

1 hour ago, takemybreath said:

this blue mini dress is one of my favorite things she's ever performed in :wubna: also SPARKLY LOUBOUTINS!!! 

violets in your eyes