Sign in to follow this  
Strangelove

US and UK carry out strikes against Iran-backed Houthis in Yemen

I’ll throw out my low information, low effort opinion:

We shouldn’t be meddling in so many conflicts around the world. Policemen of the world. Dropping bombs everywhere. Both political parties do it. Military industrial complex. Big picture, it doesn’t seem productive or peaceful. 

With that said, I know virtually nothing about this specific situation

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

Shame on the US/UK and those other countries which contributed. I can’t speak for the US but I know that a decision to take military action against another country should’ve been debated and voted on in the UK first. Our puppet PM instead just done as he was told. 

Take no notice of the MSM narrative, and be advised that this wasn’t to keep global shipping moving through the Red Sea. The Houthi Movement (members of the Axis of Resistance and partly funded by Iran, but not controlled by) are taking action against the atrocities taking place in Gaza. They are targeting ships en route to Israel, in solidarity with the people of Palestine, and attempting to facilitate aid ships reaching their destinations. 

By taking this ill advised military action, the only outcome will be an escalation of violence and retribution. The West should immediately stop acting like the world’s police force and focus on issues at home. 

It’s sickening ironic, when (to my knowledge), there have been no fatalities from this Houthi action, and the West intervene via bombing their infrastructure! Meanwhile, Israel continues to break international law with the ethnic cleansing of Palestine, and the West provides financial, military and tactical assistance with untrammelled support! 

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, Smoqueed said:

I can’t speak for the US but I know that a decision to take military action against another country should’ve been debated and voted on in the UK first

I agree with your points, but I am a tiny bit confused by this. If military action was voted on and debated in the House of Commons, that would give the other side ample warning that attacks are coming, and may lead them to counterstrike first and lead to further escalation depending on who the enemy may be? 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

On 1/13/2024 at 3:49 PM, bluechemtrails said:

well, it's their own fault if they attack civil western container ships

those ships shouldn't supply an apartheid state.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Mer said:

I agree with your points, but I am a tiny bit confused by this. If military action was voted on and debated in the House of Commons, that would give the other side ample warning that attacks are coming, and may lead them to counterstrike first and lead to further escalation depending on who the enemy may be? 

It is my understanding that while the PM can indeed authorise military action, that decision would ordinarily be reserved for an emergency situation. I believe there is a convention that MP’s should have an opportunity to debate military action when there is no direct threat to the UK. 

I appreciate this provides the other side with a pre-warning but that shouldn’t be allowed to dictate whether or not to follow albeit ambiguous guidelines. I’d suggest it probably wouldn’t alter the outcome also (as you say, depending on who the enemy may be). 

It’s the principle though, why escalate hostilities (or exacerbate relations) with another country. All this does is keep the Military Industrial Complex making huge profits and the less fortunate inhabitants of this planet more marginalised. 

giphy.gif

On 1/13/2024 at 3:02 AM, BartenderDeco said:

i’m not surprised why americans don’t vote at all, it’s literally a shit off 

lol it’s the same with the UK- we’ve essentially got Tory or labour and the only reason most will probably vote labour this time is people are starving due to poverty.