Guest Zephyr

Madonna

I have never watched this before.

I do like some of Gagas music and think the comparison is old but to say she writes and produces her own music like Madonna doesn’t… gurl! Madonna has a really distinctive way of writting music I could recognize a song of hers on a sec. Her vision for each one of her eras also… my god 

Madonna co produced Ray Of Light and Confessions On The Dancefloor, 2 or the most influential pop records in the past decades… she has reinvented herself so many times and I doubt any other popstar will ever be on her level. Maybe Gaga is a better singer and plays more instruments than her but since Born This Way or maybe ARTPOP I haven’t heard anything outstanding by her 

She was fighting for gay rights and HIV before anyone else in the industry… even for Gaga who has used the community as a safe place since the start of her career but let’s be honest… 2010s ain’t no 80-90s when it comes to those social issues 

I understand for Gaga is difficult to take herself seriously with people always comparing them (and she really is very talented) but there’s no need to downplay Madonna. Specially when Gagas latest work has been a flop… Madonna may be out of her mind now but she dominated 4 decades in a row 

I don’t think she meant that in a bad way but the choice of words was maybe a little off for me. Madonna herself is no saint, she does tend to make mean comments about other artist, specially females… but the thing is… she has a career to back it up 

On 4/20/2023 at 1:36 PM, Anonymcomenter said:

I have never watched this before.

I do like some of Gagas music and think the comparison is old but to say she writes and produces her own music like Madonna doesn’t… gurl! Madonna has a really distinctive way of writting music I could recognize a song of hers on a sec. Her vision for each one of her eras also… my god 

Madonna co produced Ray Of Light and Confessions On The Dancefloor, 2 or the most influential pop records in the past decades… she has reinvented herself so many times and I doubt any other popstar will ever be on her level. Maybe Gaga is a better singer and plays more instruments than her but since Born This Way or maybe ARTPOP I haven’t heard anything outstanding by her 

She was fighting for gay rights and HIV before anyone else in the industry… even for Gaga who has used the community as a safe place since the start of her career but let’s be honest… 2010s ain’t no 80-90s when it comes to those social issues 

I understand for Gaga is difficult to take herself seriously with people always comparing them (and she really is very talented) but there’s no need to downplay Madonna. Specially when Gagas latest work has been a flop… Madonna may be out of her mind now but she dominated 4 decades in a row 

I don’t think she meant that in a bad way but the choice of words was maybe a little off for me. Madonna herself is no saint, she does tend to make mean comments about other artist, specially females… but the thing is… she has a career to back it up 

Madonna downplayed Gaga many times before calling her a copy, calling her reductive, making comparisons with BTW and EY etc. Gaga only spoke out years after all this mess and she did great imo. Madonna is a queen but she could’ve remained silent just like Gaga did when the media started the comparison back then. An eye for an eye

On 4/21/2023 at 8:09 PM, LunaeManifestum said:

Madonna downplayed Gaga many times before calling her a copy, calling her reductive, making comparisons with BTW and EY etc. Gaga only spoke out years after all this mess and she did great imo. Madonna is a queen but she could’ve remained silent just like Gaga did when the media started the comparison back then. An eye for an eye

Born this way is a straight direct copy of Express yourself in every way and is the only time where Madonna outright insulted her- Madonna wasn’t in the wrong there-she could of sued for credit but chose not to be a d*ck so called it reductive and tbh the song is kinda sh*t so she was right. 

Gaga could never recapture her initial quality post the fame musically except songs here and there.

anyway they’re both on good terms so old news!

On 4/21/2023 at 2:09 PM, LunaeManifestum said:

Madonna isn’t the one who started BTW-EY comparisons. The internet started it and everybody found two songs similar. Then they asked Gaga about it and she said she got Madonna’s permission. They asked this to Madonna’s team and they said there was no communication about this. Then Gaga said BTW is actually inspired by Whitney Houston. So up to this point there’s no Madonna’s involvement and actually Gaga downplaying. Then on an interview they asked Madonna “What do you think about EY and BTW comparisons?” and she said “It feels reductive”. Then continued to talk about how she loves Gaga and how she thinks Gaga is talented. Did she call Gaga reductive here, no. But everybody jumped on that narrative and still lying about it. 

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

On 4/20/2023 at 11:36 AM, Anonymcomenter said:

This interview is just ridiculous. She is portraying Madonna as person who doesn’t write or produce her musics, like a person who doesn’t play instruments.

Madonna started her career as a drummer in Breakfast Club while Gaga wasn't even born.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

1 hour ago, Let the Light In said:

This interview is just ridiculous. She is portraying Madonna as person who doesn’t write or produce her musics, like a person who doesn’t play instruments.

Madonna started her career as a drummer in Breakfast Club while Gaga wasn't even born.

exactly! 

On 4/21/2023 at 9:09 PM, LunaeManifestum said:

well… if u say so. I can agree sometimes Madonna likes to bring up unnecesary drama (probably to mantain her mediatic character). But my point is, if u wanna throw shade to Madonna at least do it with something that’s actually true. For example, she could have said Madonna is maybe not the nicest person… but to say Madonna doesn’t write and produce her own music is a straight up LIE 

Early Erotica tracklist has leaked :creep::

- 1. Bad Girl

- 2. Rain

- 3. Bye Bye Baby 

- 4. In This Life

5. It's a Shame / You Are the One feat. Betty Boo (X)

- 6. Don't Break My Heart (Waiting)

7. Goodbye to Innocence

8. Words

- 9. Erotica

- 10. Why's It So Hard to Love

- 11. Secret Garden

- 12. Thief of Hearts

13. Dear Father

14. Dear Father (X)

15. Where Life Begins

16. This Used to Be My Playground

42 minutes ago, Intervention said:

Early Erotica tracklist has leaked :creep::

- 1. Bad Girl

- 2. Rain

- 3. Bye Bye Baby 

- 4. In This Life

5. It's a Shame / You Are the One feat. Betty Boo (X)

- 6. Don't Break My Heart (Waiting)

7. Goodbye to Innocence

8. Words

- 9. Erotica

- 10. Why's It So Hard to Love

- 11. Secret Garden

- 12. Thief of Hearts

13. Dear Father

14. Dear Father (X)

15. Where Life Begins

16. This Used to Be My Playground

Source?

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

19 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

I never understood why Gaga would say something so stupid and factually incorrect ON CAMERA when it could easily be proven wrong by simply having a quick look on Wikipedia. She could've just said that their music is different or that they have different approaches to writing or whatever to end the comparisons, but suggesting M doesn't write and produce her stuff when more than half of the songs on her debut album are written ONLY by her (not even any co-writers) and overall 99 % of her discography is co-written and co-produced by M herself is just wild. I honestly believe that if this interview happened today, she would be dragged left and right and Gaga cancellation videos would be a whole ass category on Tiktok. She was lucky it happened when she was still the next big thing and media darling. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

2 hours ago, viktoria said:

are we seriously still doing gaga vs madonna shit in 2023.... 

possibly one of the dumbest stan wars of all time

at least katy vs gaga makes more sense (and was more fun lol)

8 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

possibly one of the dumbest stan wars of all time

at least katy vs gaga makes more sense (and was more fun lol)

we wouldn't have even had any of the gaga v madonna stuff if gags had just stuck to her original unique look and developed slowly over time but she went too fast cycling through blonde ambition tour looks etc that the comparisons became inevitable.

pah-133630876.jpg

15 hours ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

I personally think the black & red look better…

I think I agree, although with the coloured inner sleeves I think the rainbow one is gonna look really cool as well. But the main reason why I'm a tiny bit pissed is that I JUMPED at this when it was announced last year since it was advertised as super limited, so basically I ordered it from the US Madonna store and ended up having to pay a fortune for shipping and on top of that quite a bit of import tax as well. Meanwhile this one seems to be getting a wider release via other stores as well, so if I had known that back then, I could've saved myself quite some money. Oh well – I definitely am happy for everyone that missed out on the 6LP version last year that can get it now. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif