Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

The same user who gave us the cover for the Tough single said there is something coming on July 30, on Lana’s website for a August 9 release (« soft launch » on the 30th). Our own @hotshot2am didn’t see anything so far but that it could be added on Monday. Probably some new merch but we’ve been speculating it could be the lead single to Lasso (wouldn’t make much sense to have the whole album on August 9, though; my guess was it could be a pre-save link on the 30th for the official release on the 9th, but i know nothing in coding and programming so :eyeroll4:)

there was also an anonymous post on d**** saying the lead single was coming in the next weeks, that it was called in God’s own time (or in God’s Time? :stareney2: I can’t remember the exact title), and that it was the real title to the song she performed as an intro at her Fenway Park show (we thought it was called The Mirror).

and that’s pretty much it. 
There is also the Jeff Buckley special she’ll attend on Sept 15. We were hoping for a new cover but it’s apparently just interviews and not a new performance :crying5:

What is a “soft launch” guys??

1 hour ago, Sunbather Moonchaser said:

What are the chances of it being the pre-order instead of merch?? 

Very unlikely : a preorder for an August 9 release would make it ten days of a pre-era, which is never heard of since 2017 (the year Billboard changed their admissibility rule for week 1 sales and numbers). 

4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Very unlikely : a preorder for an August 9 release would make it ten days of a pre-era, which is never heard of since 2017 (the year Billboard changed their admissibility rule for week 1 sales and numbers). 

they said the preorder is for september 9 not august 8 

On 7/24/2024 at 6:30 PM, venice biotch said:

yk cause americans have mm/dd/yy and not americans have dd/mm/yy, so 9/8 would be ninth of august for non americans but for americans it would be eighth of september, hope that makes sense

1 hour ago, ionut said:

Then its not impossible. Billie pulled it off with her latest and they’re with the same label 

the date makes no sense though, for an album release (it’s not a Friday)

2 hours ago, ionut said:

⬇️

On 7/24/2024 at 7:09 PM, sparklertrailerheaven said:

my bad! i put the wrong date. supposed announcement next tuesday, july 30th and supposed drop the following week, august 9th.

2.gif

But would it really matter about the short prerelease? Would it only affect the charting?

like she’ll still sell albums? 

edit; wasn’t Taylor blocking loads of artists this year too? Like.. if that was a risk I’d just do something like this and be like.. yeah I don’t care about charting that’s why I did a 1 week prerelease lol

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

2 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

But would it really matter about the short prerelease? Would it only affect the charting?

like she’ll still sell albums? 

edit; wasn’t Taylor blocking loads of artists this year too? Like.. if that was a risk I’d just do something like this and be like.. yeah I don’t care about charting that’s why I did a 1 week prerelease lol

Well, Lana isn’t the sole decider of album releases and it all comes down to what the label wants her to do: would it be to do well on the first week (it’s all about the first week these days) or just say « screw this, she is popular anyways and let’s release anytime »? I doubt it’d be the later, producing vinyls remains an investment on their part and they’d want her to be « profitable ».

Again, Billie had teased since March that the album was done, she went the « no single, very short pre-release » avenue… but it was still a five-week périod, to build the hype. Beyoncé and Taylor didn’t surprise drop their latest albums either, having a pre-release period of two months. 

Lana is doing well these days, even better than I thought she’d do (she is the 4th most streamed female artist, surpassing artists that released big albums this year, thanks to Tough and the BTD immortality and resurgence on the charts during summertime). But I don’t think a 10-day prerelease period would be enough to build hype with the GP. Of course, the second she announces an new album and a preorder comes up, LB will buy all the vinyl variants, but I’m not sure it would be enough for the rest of the world to notice. 

A soft launch, also known as a soft opening, is a preview release of a product or service to a limited audience prior to the general public. Soft-launching a product is sometimes used to gather data or customer feedback, prior to making it widely available during an official release or grand opening.

Oh Lanaboards is gonna get an exclusive preview of Lasso and Lana will listen to our feedback and make the cuntiest album of all time  :hype: :pillsdy:

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

11 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Well, Lana isn’t the sole decider of album releases and it all comes down to what the label wants her to do: would it be to do well on the first week (it’s all about the first week these days) or just say « screw this, she is popular anyways and let’s release anytime »? I doubt it’d be the later, producing vinyls remains an investment on their part and they’d want her to be « profitable ».

Again, Billie had teased since March that the album was done, she went the « no single, very short pre-release » avenue… but it was still a five-week périod, to build the hype. Beyoncé and Taylor didn’t surprise drop their latest albums either, having a pre-release period of two months. 

Lana is doing well these days, even better than I thought she’d do (she is the 4th most streamed female artist, surpassing artists that released big albums this year, thanks to Tough and the BTD immortality and resurgence on the charts during summertime). But I don’t think a 10-day prerelease period would be enough to build hype with the GP. Of course, the second she announces an new album and a preorder comes up, LB will buy all the vinyl variants, but I’m not sure it would be enough for the rest of the world to notice. 

I guess, I think I’m short sighted as her fan because I know I would buy the vinyl regardless of whether I’d heard the album or not. So I assumed GP would be similar and “first week sales” wouldn’t matter too much if overall the revenue would be the same 

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

28 minutes ago, Lasso said:

A soft launch, also known as a soft opening, is a preview release of a product or service to a limited audience prior to the general public. Soft-launching a product is sometimes used to gather data or customer feedback, prior to making it widely available during an official release or grand opening.

Oh Lanaboards is gonna get an exclusive preview of Lasso and Lana will listen to our feedback and make the cuntiest album of all time  :hype: :pillsdy:

Ok this is getting even more exciting :dua:

although LB wouldn’t be the best judge for a very commercially successful album :thumb3: (« Zodiac when? » « We want Dark City » :xgiggle:)

Let's not forget the BB release and the lack of fanfare—though we did get the three singles first. But we also got several title and date changes.  

Right now Lana appears to be strangely unenthused about Lasso and there has to be one or more [hopefully good] reasons for that, beyond the fact that other non-country artists are also releasing 'country' albums and it might have been finished a year ago or longer. Who knows?

We do know she's quite mercurial and if we're honest, we know a lot less about her than we tend to assume we do. She's a real Cancer, hiding her real self under a rock—or "in the ballroom of her mind."  

There's got to be so much going on in her life at all times—planning meetings with managers, lawyers, and labels (and sometimes detectives due to her stalkers and the theft of her hard drives), songwriting, recording, choosing musicians, live performances and appearances, performance wardrobes and fittings for special events like the Met Gala, upkeep of her several homes, travel arrangements, romance, regular contact with her family and other artists Holly Macve and Tough—being an introvert, all of that would drive me crazy and make me a hermit.

If you look at it from that perspective, it's easier to see why we don't know nearly as much as we think we do—and even when she's made official announcements like release dates and projects like the Covers album, they often fall by the wayside for reasons unknown and go unexplained—forever! 

As I said before, in the late 1980s and 1990s some universities started courses called 'Madonna Studies' due to her international success at the time—I'd like to see a course called 'Lana Studies' at a major university. Lana is a universe all on her own—a rabbit hole as well as a transversible worm hole! 

And during Tori Amos's heyday, there was a wisely-titled website called A Dent in the Tori Universe—a dent because it acknowledged that a dent was really all fans and Stans could make, in fact, in the almost equally-complex world of Amos at the time. 

1 hour ago, Lasso said:

OKAY… THIS IS EXCITING

maybe people signed to the newsletter are getting something idk? I mean I think this “soft launch” preorder is defo something to do with new music that’s the only thing a “soft launch” stereotypically refers to