Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

My Tracklist Prediction/ Lasso Timeline

First Single They Call It a miracle October 9th

2nd single December 4th Angels and demons w/ quavo. One song for quavos album (tough) and then one for lanas

Album out February 21st

1.They Call It a Miracle (Fenway Intro)

2.Lasso

3.Angels and Demons w/ Quavo

4.Lighthouse

5.Sin (Throw doja cat on here if the rumors are actually true for some reason)

6.Loved You Then and Now (RCS)

7.In God's Time

8.Noveau Riche

9.Henry, Come On

9.Prettiest Girl in Country Music Feat. Nikki Lane

10.Like a Bad Country Song (Added Bridge)

11.Magnolia feat. Dolly Parton

12.Priscilla Soundtrack Song (At Peace at Last?)

13.Unchained Melody

6 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Literally nothing has happened lol

the most boring era ever.

a full year of NOTHING.

the only thing that happened is that she dropped an album title, release month, and a tiny snippet of an acoustic-style ballad. this whole year.

and one of those isn't even true.

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

the most boring era ever.

a full year of NOTHING.

the only thing that happened is that she dropped an album title, release month, and a tiny snippet of an acoustic-style ballad. this whole year.

and one of those isn't even true.

Well not nothing, I mean, we still got Blue Skies, which is still awesome after all these months, and Tough is a cute summer song I wanted her to do for so many years now… ok true, nothing much for Lasso yet, but another “insider” account (spy_leaks) on X said something was planned between October and November (they’re probably just snowballing the info the other account provided already). Let’s not lose all hope yet. 

35 minutes ago, Honeytrails said:

if this was 2016 something would’ve leaked already 

Was it really better then? :stareney2:

10 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

To this day, I never understood the hype LB got for Henry after having heard the snippet :stareney2: I mean, it’s cute, I like it, but the never ending COCC or BB slander read here for songs that sound like “demos” or “unfinished” or “too simple” and yet LB craves Henry… Never change, LB, never change. 
If the song is indeed scrapped from Lasso, she should just release it as a standalone single and we’ll give it the 1000 streams it will get in the end on Spotify :lmaoney:

I understand your concern but many of us think that Henry Come On (in terms of lyrics production and ESPECIALLY the deep vocals) remind us of those early Ultraviolence concept Tropico era acoustic/guitar-based songs which we all love and are crazy for :flutter: In my opinion, in quality wise, Henry Come On sounds sharper than the songs on COTCC and Banisters, while they're not bad, I think the vocals there sound muffled sometimes.

8 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Was it really better then? :stareney2:

The way how only Lana song that was released in 2016 was Stargirl Interlude (and Party Monster if we count her background vocals) :cryney:

Although we had so many leaks then like Fine China and Yes To Heaven.

2.gif

17 minutes ago, Embach said:

I understand your concern but many of us think that Henry Come On (in terms of lyrics production and ESPECIALLY the deep vocals) remind us of those early Ultraviolence concept Tropico era acoustic/guitar-based songs which we all love and are crazy for :flutter: In my opinion, in quality wise, Henry Come On sounds sharper than the songs on COTCC and Banisters, while they're not bad, I think the vocals there sound muffled sometimes.

The way how only Lana song that was released in 2016 was Stargirl Interlude (and Party Monster if we count her background vocals) :cryney:

Although we had so many leaks then like Fine China and Yes To Heaven.

I really like Henry, the melody has grown on me a lot. It reminds me of Nectar of the Gods or All Those Who Wander. However, I wouldn’t want it as a lead single. It’s way too simple (at least what we heard). I think I was just surprised how LB craves it so much: after having listened to it the first time, my immediate thought was : “LB is going to be bitching it’s boring” :thumb3: