Davis

Florence + The Machine

I was really looking foreward to the Queen Of Peace music video, but it turns out to be another overdramatic, corny "Odyssee"-thing.

What bugs me most is that the scenes aren#'t fitting the music. Like, when the chorus begins, nothing changes or happens, the story just goes on without "reacting" to the song.

And in the end, it's just Florence making dramatic movements and the topic of strange relationships with a lot of touching and hugging and not-as-deep-as-it's-supposed-to-be expression dancing.

Disappointed, the song deserved better.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

She is just puttin every other pop artist to shame with this breathtaking cinematography. :legend:  Much doesnt really happen in the videos but they are just beautiful and  emotive fragments of the whole oddyssey she is taking us to this era. 

Beautifully done, just like the rest of the videos this era :defeated: The Long & Lost section was exactly what I wanted for one of my favorite tracks! (Unpopular opinion, I know)

MkWI4Ns.png

I think it's very well done, the cinematography is gorgeous, tho I can't understand much of what the man is saying (he sounds Irish but I don't want to offend anyone in case he's Scottish)

scottish

A majestic video would make sense for the song but not in the context of the whole album campaign so I'm happy with this. It's more effective for titles like "queen of peace" to just be symbolic

I wish QoP received all the public acclaim it deserves on its own. When you put 2 songs together in a video (or more) they do not give the best desired impression.

But I'm loving the audiovisual direction of this album so far. The images are very loyal to the music.

I think a majestic video would have been wrong for this video, I think the "open field" and "nature" stuff is very fitting. The beginning scene, with the people fighting and the girl watching is also fine, but everything atfer this is underwhelming.

It starts when the chorus kicks in and ... nothing happens. It takes a way a lot of power from the song.

Oh and Florence's "expressional" dance moves and overdramatic poses start to get on my nerfes ...

The Long & Lost section is ok though.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

God the video couldn't be more English/Scottish if it tried :toofunny: . It is however so beautiful,understated and fits so well with the albums aesthetics overall.

It would be very odd thinking about it if the video was this epic over the top feast like the ceremonial videos. It would be completely terrible honestly if that had happen and would've ruined the whole feel for HBHBHB all together....

Also I like to admit that I'm from England and struggled heavily to understand the Scottish hunk  :toofunny:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371