lyinginthesand

Lana attending the Ivor Novello Awards at the JW Marriott Grosvenor House in London, ENG - May 23rd, 2024

12 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

if i remember correctly she also said somewhere a few years ago that 24 was "written with bond in her mind" or something like that

She has said that 24 and Swan Song have a Bond feel. From NME's interview from 2015:

NME: Your music, this album included, has always had a Bond-theme kind of feel to it. You were hotly tipped earlier this year to record the theme song to the new film. Were you approached?

Lana: "I would've done it if I was asked but I wasn't asked. I love all the Bond music that's been put out over the years and I love soundtracks in general. There are a couple of songs on this record that have a Bond feel, like '24' and 'Swan Song'."

url%5D

53 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

Wow, I just love her so much :defeated: She is such a classy lady. So humble and sweet, but also very funny and quirky. Watching videos of her like this makes my heart melt. I stan a legend :whitney:

She’s so humble and disengaged from the politics of pop music currently which I feel is such a breath of fresh air. Considering all she’s been through, the fact she stays celebrating other artists and is so humble is inspiring.

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

On 5/23/2024 at 6:05 PM, Embach said:

What does the glass ship metaphor mean, I'm little bit dumb when it comes down some expressions like these :(

I'm a bit late to the conversation and other people have provided better explanations but I wanted to share my two cents and say that as soon as I heard say that I thought of the song "Crystal Ship" by The Doors, especially because she has referenced them before in lyrics/poems

giphy.gif

Congratulations Lana! I haven't read the whole thread but my "like" powers have gone away again. 

David Bowie won an Ivor Novello award in 1970. Special award for originality or something. Here is a great clip of him performing Space Oddity from that show.  (Can you hear me Major Tom?)

https://youtu.be/0kJPnIN964g?si=T94z1b63O50GrueW

Sorry but Pammy REALLY needs to go away... She doesnt know anything about red carpet // show make up... Lana Del Rey fundation always stay white and cracks when some camera points to her when she does the make up.. The lips without coutorn, the poor choices for eyes and lashes... Fire this woman :makeup: