lyinginthesand

Lana attending the Ivor Novello Awards at the JW Marriott Grosvenor House in London, ENG - May 23rd, 2024

2 hours ago, longtimeman said:

Who says she doesn't give us the information we're craving :omfg2:

she also said “my sister’s children”, as far as we know chuck has one child :gasp:

42 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

did you get to see her? :wub:

no 😭 I heard from someone outside that she’s staying in the hotel for the night, so she probably left the awards and was able to move through to the actual hotel within the building so she wouldn’t have had to leave through the exit I was at, although lots of the other celebs came out which was cool I guess

this is the second time I’ve ALMOST met her 😭 I’m hoping she’s around for the weekend

6 minutes ago, LustForcocc said:

no 😭 I heard from someone outside that she’s staying in the hotel for the night, so she probably left the awards and was able to move through to the actual hotel within the building so she wouldn’t have had to leave through the exit I was at, although lots of the other celebs came out which was cool I guess

this is the second time I’ve ALMOST met her 😭 I’m hoping she’s around for the weekend

damn that’s unfortunate good luck tho! putting the energy out there for you

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

48 minutes ago, Just Cherry said:

Lana talked about 24 being the song she pitched for the Bond film Spectre back in 2015! 

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cv22mmnjrnyo

Holy shit, BBC asking some of the right questions, although we kind of knew it earlier it was nice to have some confirmation about it. It's nice to have some nostalgia crumbs about Honeymoon :crai: And also fuck the producers, they had the perfect song for the movie but they blew it. I hope she will write for the new movie, she follows the next Bond on Insta as well (and he follows her as well). 

Also I loved this part where she said:

“But I'm going to continue to do my little Nancy Sinatra thing every now and then and just pretend it's the title track.”

I really want her to do soundtrack for the new Sinatra movie as well :crai:

Also I loved these Ocean Blvd crumbs:

"And that's how Tunnel came about with Mike Hermosa. It was all done with him on Sundays in his two bedroom apartment in Genesee (California). Everything was just easy and I thought, here comes another record." But she added: "I was looking to get married, not to have another record!"

2 hours ago, LustForcocc said:

Next week she's in Spain, so like last year, I think she'll be in Europe for the whole week before Primavera (like she was in Europe 2 weeks after Glasto and before Hyde Park in 2023). I really hope she's in London for a while, so you could meet her, wishing best of luck! :wub:

3 hours ago, drugsdesire said:

she also said “my sister’s children”, as far as we know chuck has one child :gasp:

She usually calls her friends as sisters too, like Jen, who has two kids! :wubna:

url%5D

3 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

Well, at least the interviewers are asking the right questions this time. :brigitte:

it’s so interesting seeing her get her flowers in so many ways but at the end of the day she’s still taken more seriously as an artist outside of america.. compare these questions with the stuff she was asked at the met gala lmao like different universes

3 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

Well, at least the interviewers are asking the right questions this time. :brigitte:

i just needed him to be bolder and say "no" when she asked if he knew what she meant by that ggfdhsdh

14 hours ago, Elle said:

I immediately thought of her Q Awards look too when I saw her look tonight! Time doesn’t exist within the LDR Universe x

(also fun fact - both of these award shows took place at the Grosvenor House!)

IMG-1067

Omg 13 years later I'm just noticing the parallels between the Q dress and the iconic Video Games look with the yellow and black stripes :oprah2:

MV5BNGJkYjRlYjItYWJjNC00NGM2LWEyM2UtNGVl

On a side note has lanascloset ever tried to find this shirt/bumble bee costume/whatever it is. It would be kid of a big deal.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

2 hours ago, Just Cherry said:

Lana talked about 24 being the song she pitched for the Bond film Spectre back in 2015! 

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cv22mmnjrnyo

This is wild. I think there has been a very strong belief in the fanbase since HM came out that this was the case, but to have it actually confirmed is a whole other level.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

28 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

swifties are SICK now they are saying lana was shading taylor when she spoke about the stadium tour… GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK :sideeye:

if the shoe fits!

46 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

This is wild. I think there has been a very strong belief in the fanbase since HM came out that this was the case, but to have it actually confirmed is a whole other level.

I don't know if I'm gaslighting myself but I'm certain she actually denied this at one point?! cause I remember thinking she was lying.

That video is very fun. Has the audio been pitched down? Her speaking Voice sounds lower and she seems more eccentric than usual :brigitte:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

3 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

I don't know if I'm gaslighting myself but I'm certain she actually denied this at one point?! cause I remember thinking she was lying.

yupppp https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/lana-del-rey-bond-song-nme-007-6805226/

“I would’ve done it if I was asked but I wasn’t asked,” says Del Rey. “I love all of the Bond music that’s been put out over the years and I love soundtracks in general.”

5 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

yupppp https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/lana-del-rey-bond-song-nme-007-6805226/

“I would’ve done it if I was asked but I wasn’t asked,” says Del Rey. “I love all of the Bond music that’s been put out over the years and I love soundtracks in general.”

Maybe cus she "wasn't asked" to do it but she rather pitched it :hide:

Reminds of the conversation of her never having plastic surgery done cus she's "never been under the knife" which doesn’t include fillers and botox 

3 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

Ah well I guess she wasn't lying, the fact is she probably wasn't asked and she did this off her own back and presented it to them. Like when she randomly emailed the producers of that Daniel Johnston doc her cover of Some Things Last a Long Time. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take :eartha:

1 minute ago, Trash Magic said:

Ah well I guess she wasn't lying, the fact is she probably wasn't asked and she did this off her own back and presented it to them. Like when she randomly emailed the producers of that Daniel Johnston doc her cover of Some Things Last a Long Time. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take :eartha:

if i remember correctly she also said somewhere a few years ago that 24 was "written with bond in her mind" or something like that